Question about Sears 6C rifle

PDA

moewadle
April 16, 2008, 06:45 PM
Today I bought an inexpensive treasure, for $70 plus tax, I got a pretty darn nice Sears Model 6C semi-auto rifle. It is clearly marked as Made in Canada. I started to research it on the internet and found out that it was made by a company in Canada bought by Olin in 1961. The gun is the same as the Winchester Cooey Model 64B. So, I found out quite a bit about the Cooey company, etc. However, one question is unanswered. There is a code put on the barrel near the wood near the receiver area. It is similar to the Marlin company 2 letter codes but this is not a Marlin product. The code is HO. I assume this is some sort of date of manufacture code. Can someone break this code. It is essentially a Winchester product. I have not found any kind of cheat sheet for codes like this on Winchester products. Help me out please. Thank you in advance. I have not yet picked up the rifle from the store but cursory examination reveals no serial number. It may or may not have one.

If you enjoyed reading about "Question about Sears 6C rifle" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Ron James
April 16, 2008, 08:04 PM
I believe it;s only a manufacturing control mark. Not a date code. By the way , the 6C were made both by Winchester ( Model 490 ) in the US and Cooey ( whom Winchester purchased, Cooey Model 64B & 64 )

If you enjoyed reading about "Question about Sears 6C rifle" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!