My post count is stuck on 264

PDA

Babalouie
April 17, 2008, 12:36 AM
Title kind of says it all. Its been stuck for a long time. Anyway to fix it?

If you enjoyed reading about "My post count is stuck on 264" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Babalouie
April 17, 2008, 12:37 AM
See, its still 264:evil:

Mal H
April 17, 2008, 12:58 AM
First of all please see the FAQ thread in this forum: http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=350166
Item #3.

Afte reading that, what should your post count be? We'll correct it if it is wrong.

Curiousity
April 17, 2008, 04:00 AM
REally.

Curiousity
April 17, 2008, 04:01 AM
Oh it must be that I'm posting in Tech Support...DUH!

Babalouie
April 17, 2008, 08:29 AM
Thanks for the response but my post count is stuck at 264 everywhere I post and its been stuck for a long time. Here's a place where I've posted three times and the count is 264 each time:
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=356575&goto=newpost
Several months ago, maybe as long as a year ago, I brought it to the attention of tech support and I think it worked for a while. I don't know how long it hasn't worked since then or what my post count should be. Please know this is not a major issue for me as I love The High Road and think you guys do an amazing job! I've lived with it this long and can live with it forever if need be. If there is some easy way to fix it cool but please believe me...you guys do enough for me by keeping this site going and I can't imagine how time consuming it is. Thanks guys,

Babalouie
April 17, 2008, 09:11 AM
I went and looked at my post and as far back as March 2005 and my count has been frozen. Interestingly, my count was stuck at 265 then and at some point went to 264.

Oh it must be that I'm posting in Tech Support...DUH!

Its hard for me to understand why someone would feel it necessary to post an offensive and sarcastic comment. Especially as a newer member, unless your post count is stuck of course, you should think more about how your comments can be helpful to people and how you can be a positive member of this community. The facts are my count is stuck, I've ignored the problem because its minor and I've ignored if for a long time because I have an appreciation of how much work running a site like this take. I've also expressed my appreciation and recognized other peoples hard work. I am not demanding for anything to be done I'm bringing it to the attention of tech support because that is what members should do. In the future you should remember what Mark Twain said "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." DUH!

arizcowboy
April 17, 2008, 11:32 AM
Hey now it's 265!

Derek Zeanah
April 17, 2008, 11:35 AM
Yeah - I'm having the board rebuild everyone's post counts in the hope that this resolves the issue...

Wayne G.
April 17, 2008, 11:37 AM
Hey now it's 265!

And I just spewed coffee on my keyboard! :D:D:D

Derek Zeanah
April 17, 2008, 11:40 AM
OK, everyone's postcount has been updated based on posts in the database (which means participation in deleted threads or something might mean your post count just dropped a bit.)

Babalouie: try posting in one of the normal forums and let's see if your postcount changes. If not let me know.

(I'm hoping it's resolved, because everything about your account certainly looks right...)

Babalouie
April 17, 2008, 04:30 PM
Thanks Derek! Worked just fine.

Mal H
April 17, 2008, 07:07 PM
Babalouie - on a just-in-case basis if it wasn't known, a member's post count is reflected on every post they have made. In other words, your post count will always look the same everywhere. I'm wondering if that's why you might have thought it was stuck.

As far as I could tell your post count was correct yesterday. When you posted this afternoon in your buy/sell/trade thread, I guess to see if the post count incremented, it wouldn't have. Posts in the B/S/T forums and in this forum (Tech support) don't increment a post count.

sm
April 17, 2008, 07:33 PM
It was a sign you are supposed to buy a rifle chambered for .264.

*sigh*

Folks just do not realize how hard it is to train Admins around here.
Mal is coming along,he still stumbles from time to time ...

*wink*

Babalouie
April 17, 2008, 07:38 PM
OK, that's good to know. I noticed the stuck count for the last few weeks so maybe its only been stuck for a short time. Let me say again how much I appreciate THR and all of the folks who make it run well. I'd be happy to lend a hand. Thanks.

Mal H
April 17, 2008, 08:11 PM
Steve:

sm

You know what that means don't you? Time for yet another .22 and a .357! No getting around the signs - get thee to a gunnery!

sm
April 17, 2008, 08:41 PM
I know better to mess with Mal when it comes to numbers, but being a dumb southern boy... *grin*

I want a Model 18 and Model 19, now how is that for messing with numbers?

*two aughts are aught*

If you enjoyed reading about "My post count is stuck on 264" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!