NRA Board Member Supports AWB

PDA

csmkersh
April 17, 2008, 04:37 PM
And the NRA defended him.

Have you all seen the Texas Monthly interview of Joaquin Jackson (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSGySNLyACE)? Not only does he voice support for the AWB, but thinks mere citizens shouldn't have magazines with more than a 5 round capacity.

If you enjoyed reading about "NRA Board Member Supports AWB" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Henry Bowman
April 17, 2008, 04:39 PM
If you use the search function for this site, "Joaquin Jackson" will return at least 32 threads that have covered this topic. Many are quite old. Even the video linked is several months old.

Dr. Tad Hussein Winslow
April 17, 2008, 04:42 PM
Do the words "tar" and "feather" mean anything to you, JJ?

csmkersh
April 17, 2008, 04:43 PM
So we should just forget it?

TexasRifleman
April 17, 2008, 04:46 PM

Did you sign the petition to remove him?

Did you vote against him on the NRA ballot?

After those 2 things have been done what pray tell would you like to do next?

The ballots have been submitted and the rules for his removal are pretty clear.

Robert Hairless
April 17, 2008, 04:52 PM

Hell no. We should never forget anything. I'm still angry at the redcoats for shooting good people at that bridge in Massachusetts a few years back.

Oro
April 17, 2008, 04:55 PM
Personally, I didn't know about it, and it's good to bring it up periodically so people can be aware of it.

With a 75 member board, much of it's for show and not really responsible for the daily managerially decisions like some "hands on" boards at other organizations. But still, someone who really doesn't "get" the second amendment like he claims needs to be worked with and talked about. And if they don't finally get it, maybe voted off.

csmkersh
April 17, 2008, 04:56 PM
Yes, I've signed a petition asking for him to resign or be removed. I refused to send the NRA one damn dime until he leaves the board. And I bring this up every time it seems some may have forgotten. I pleased to see that ya'll here haven't forgotten and the folks that didn't know now do.

TexasRifleman
April 17, 2008, 05:18 PM
pleased to see that ya'll here haven't forgotten and the folks that didn't know now do.

By the way when do we learn the results of the elections? Annual meeting?

csmkersh
April 17, 2008, 05:25 PM
The ballots aren't due until the end of this month so I'd expect we will see something in the June issue of the magazine unless they send out a moneygram with that info in it.

Speaking of the NRA and money, they must think us old farts are stupid. They wan't me to send them $375 for a "Distinguished Life" membership.

JohnBT
April 17, 2008, 05:33 PM
Think I'll upgrade to Benefactor. I got something in the mail just the other day.

Might send them a hundred bucks on that 21-gun drawing they're running, too.

John

alsaqr
April 17, 2008, 07:47 PM
This vindicates my decsion not to vote for law enforcement officer candidates to the NRA board.

WayneConrad
April 17, 2008, 07:50 PM
This vindicates my decsion not to vote for law enforcement officer candidates to the NRA board.
That's a mighty wide brush you're painting with.

csmkersh
April 17, 2008, 08:03 PM
I've voted several times for a former LEO. He was an FBI agent at one time and his father was a very ardent anti-gunner and shooter of skinny dippers. Pop's name was Carl Rowen Sr and his son in on the current ballot once again; Carl Rowen Jr.

MechAg94
April 17, 2008, 08:32 PM
I am a sucker for those drawings. If the NRA-ILA wants money from me, give the chance to win guns. :D The other mail I can do without.

I went to a high school football game last fall in nearby Sweeney, TX. My home town was playing them. They started announcing the results of a raffle they did that year. They must have given away about 50 guns. I gotta see how to get in on that this year. :D

RoadkingLarry
April 17, 2008, 09:18 PM
If you use the search function for this site, "Joaquin Jackson" will return at least 32 threads that have covered this topic. Many are quite old. Even the video linked is several months old.

Since by this time every gun related subject under the sun has been touched on I propose that all archived topics on THR be numbered with a 5 or 6 digit number as required to account for all threads. Then, instead of actually posting new threads a user could simply refer to a thread found in the search function and the particular post preceded by a colon - thread#: post#.....

A new thread discussions might look something like this:

so, 112233:37
----
Oh Yeah well, 112233:22
----
so if 112233:23 then 334455:61
----
why does someone always have to bring up 334455:61?

Car Knocker
April 17, 2008, 09:39 PM
Breaking news: Gore concedes Election To Bush!

bensdad
April 17, 2008, 09:46 PM
A new thread discussions might look something like this:

so, 112233:37
----
Oh Yeah well, 112233:22
----
so if 112233:23 then 334455:61
----
why does someone always have to bring up 334455:61?

I see what you did there!:D:D:D

That's a good point. No more threads, just references.

Dave Workman
April 18, 2008, 03:59 PM
Sam, I believe the NRA defended Jackson's right to express an opinion that may concur or differ from yours, or mine.

I disagree with what Joaquin said in that interview. However, he's still a friend of mine, he will be a friend of mine tomorrow.

Henry Bowman is right, of course, that this has already been discussed ad naseum.

Robert Hairless
April 18, 2008, 04:30 PM
Sam, there's something wrong when grievances and grudges become so dear to a man that he's unable or unwilling to let them go. Many of us are NRA members because we need it as something other than a personal scapegoat.

Be a man and tell Jackson directly what it is that troubles you. His address should be easily available or ask the NRA for it.

insidious_calm
April 18, 2008, 06:29 PM
JohnBT tossed this forth into the ether:Think I'll upgrade to Benefactor. I got something in the mail just the other day.

Might send them a hundred bucks on that 21-gun drawing they're running, too.

John

Am I to understand that you support an AWB as well then or did I "miss underestimate" your post?

I.C.

TexasRifleman
April 18, 2008, 06:31 PM
Am I to understand that you support an AWB as well then or did I "miss underestimate" your post?

He's probably of the same mind on this I am, he's decided that this one guy isn't the guiding force of the NRA and to just move on with life.
The petition is signed for his removal, many members have voted against him, and we'll see how it goes.

Oh, that wouldn't work, there wouldn't be anything to gripe about then huh...... let's pretend somehow it's a conspiracy on the part of NRA, Wayne LaPierre and the Devil and that by having this one idiot on the board that they will put asunder all the pro 2A progress made over the last few years.

Yeah, that's more fun huh?

csmkersh
April 18, 2008, 06:45 PM
Lacking a cogent response, TexasRifleman resorted to ridicule.

Car Knocker
April 18, 2008, 07:19 PM
Lacking a cogent response, TexasRifleman resorted to ridicule.
Doesn't make his comment untrue, however. :D

csmkersh
April 18, 2008, 07:31 PM
Sure it does.

'Splain to me why so call defenders of gun owners rights are willing to tolerate even one person on the NRA board who is working against them? You want to go back to the AWB? Jackson's your man.

Art Eatman
April 18, 2008, 07:45 PM
Take this dead horse to APS? Please?

If you enjoyed reading about "NRA Board Member Supports AWB" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!