My new XD-40 at the range today (4/19/08)

PDA

XD-40 Shooter
April 19, 2008, 02:55 PM
Here are the results on my silouhuette target. I fired 80 rounds of my reloads, 6.5 grains of Unique, 155 grain Ranier, chrono at 1100 fps, they are pretty accurate.

My first cluster was right around the 9 and 10 rings, then I started stringing them down the target, but after 80 rounds, the gun was trembling in my hand, so I quit. All in all, I'm pretty happy.:D First time out with a new gun and a gritty trigger, but a few hundred rounds will change that.

If you enjoyed reading about "My new XD-40 at the range today (4/19/08)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
PO2Hammer
April 19, 2008, 03:01 PM
Nice!

If I ever buy another .40, it will be an XD or a Sig. I shot a freind's XD .40 a few times and was very impressed with the accuracy and the handling of the pistol.

ProstheticConscience
April 19, 2008, 05:56 PM
Yeah, the trigger tends to be gritty and drag for the first few hundred rounds. I've been tempted to get a trigger job, but as the problem worked itself out I never had.

Springfield may well want to do something about that. It's my one gripe about XD's.

How did the Raniers work for you? I went to 160 grain semi-wad cutters as they gave a bit better results.

bps3040
April 19, 2008, 08:09 PM
I love mine. I have about 1300 rounds through it and it shoots sweet. Even my Honey likes to shoot it, when I can pry her XDsc9 from her fingers,lol.Her XDsc is brand new and she noticed the difference between the triggers. She wants hers to shoot like mine,lol.

XD-40 Shooter
April 19, 2008, 08:51 PM
The Ranier's work great, I mainly shoot the 155's and 165's, they are cheaper than 180's. I've never had a failure with them feeding and I always order a box of 1000 everytime Midwayusa has a sale, usually twice a year.:)

possum
April 20, 2008, 04:26 AM
congrats, btw that is an exact load that i use, they are pretty accurate and easy to control. they are all around good for range use/training rds. i like that load alot.

Canuc Shooter
May 3, 2008, 08:58 PM
Got me a XD 9 Tactical, since it shoots real well and fits my hand, I'm now in the market for a XD 40 Tactical. Love the concept and the fact that I can still use the XD holster for both.

If you enjoyed reading about "My new XD-40 at the range today (4/19/08)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!