Offering plans to make swaging die automatic bullet ejector

PDA

44and45
April 19, 2008, 02:02 PM
Hello handloaders.

If you have swaging dies and a bit tired of pounding the top ejector stem to eject your bullet out of the swage die body -- then you need an automatic bullet ejector.

This device was developed to aid me in shaping and resizing cast bullets, bumping up bullets to larger size...etc.

It is being offered for private home handloading, not to be incorporated into some conglomerate mfg. concern.

Plan's are detail dimension measurements, but there are a few tricks in construction that are only given to purchasers of plans.

I will assist you with email photos and construction dialog...as you progress in making the simple device.

One box spring ejector will service many calibers and bullet diameters, just change out the lower swage die body and the ejector stem button punch.

I recommend C-H swage dies as their prices seem to be the most reasonable and that is mostly what I use. (though I have three custom swage dies for this setup)

Plans for the automatic box spring bullet ejector device is offered for the princely sum of $15. bigcaddy@centurytel.net

Jim

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e321/44and45/P81300443autobulletejector4445calib.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "Offering plans to make swaging die automatic bullet ejector" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
kennedy
April 20, 2008, 01:46 PM
I just bought a CH swagging die, It has not arrived yet, and have never used one, I plan on using it for .223, what kind of problem are you trying to fix with your device?

ReloaderFred
April 20, 2008, 01:53 PM
This looks very interesting. I've got several C-H swaging dies, and I've been using the ejector they made at one time with the swing handle. It works well, but is another step in the process to reach up and swing the handle and then put it back.

Kennedy,

He's solving the problem of tapping the bullet/core out of the die once it's rammed up in there. The normal process is to tap the ejector rod with a soft face hammer, which is a real chore. At the top of the swaging stroke, there is a lot of pressure applied to the bullet. This jams it pretty tight into the die, which is necessary and part of the swaging process. It takes a certain amount of force to get the bullet back out of the die. There have been several cures for this over the years, but this looks like the better mouse trap.

Hope this helps.

Fred

kennedy
April 20, 2008, 02:12 PM
I am sorry, I think I did not understand what swagging die you are using, I bought the primer pocket swagging die, I figured out from the above posts you are using some sort of bullet swagging die?

CBS220
April 20, 2008, 02:15 PM
That is correct, Kennedy. The bullet is firmly in the die at that point in the swaging process, and this device ejects the bullet- simplifying the process.

Very cool idea, OP. Wish I had thought of it!

44and45
April 20, 2008, 02:26 PM
Thank you, fellows. You have a good grasp on what the automatic bullet ejector does...it takes the work out of bullet swaging by automatically ejecting the swaged bullets.

It really use to tax my patience to have to whack that silly ejector die stem knob...to make my swaged bullets come back out of the swage die. Now they just plop back onto the ram's nose punch.

This is very cool item...why not not spring for some plans so I can recoup some of my money having these gadgets made. :D

I can even put you in touch with the parts source.

Jim

CBS220
April 20, 2008, 02:28 PM
Try posting this on the Cast Boolits website as well. You will undoubtedly gets some offers- at the very least offers for trades- over there.

44and45
April 20, 2008, 02:35 PM
It was there first, got 3 sold to those fine lads.

Thanks for helping with the thought.

Jim

PS In my picture at top, the swage die mounted in the Lee Classic press is a .452 ejector button, as well as the swage die body.

The swage die body to the left up front is a .454 diameter, and you can see the ejector button in front of it.

Far left in the rear area is my first one I had made, a .432 diameter for .44 caliber. It has made a few hundred processed cast bullet formings...and doing just great.

(I also wish to thank two gentlement on this thread who intend to purchase my plans)

44and45
April 22, 2008, 12:09 PM
BTT

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e321/44and45/P8130043Swagingejectorin4445caliber.jpg

Jim

ReloaderFred
April 22, 2008, 12:19 PM
Jim,

My money order is on it's way.

Fred

44and45
April 22, 2008, 12:52 PM
Thanks Fred, I just hope you'll post a picture of your unit here...when you get it put together.

Jim

ReloaderFred
April 22, 2008, 03:28 PM
Sorry, Jim, but I'm old school and don't have a clue how to post pictures on forums. I'm a reloader, not a computer buff.........

Fred

44and45
April 22, 2008, 06:21 PM
Fred, can you email me a picture? Then I can post it for you...if you like.

That is if you have a digital camera.

Jim

ReloaderFred
April 22, 2008, 07:43 PM
Jim,

I do have a digital camera and when I get it made, I'll send you a picture or two.

Fred

44and45
April 22, 2008, 11:15 PM
Thanks very much. :)

I hoping to keep a collection of pictures on all the devices that the plans are used to make them.

Jim

44and45
April 26, 2008, 09:11 AM
BTT.

Jim

44and45
May 1, 2008, 07:34 PM
BTTT, one more time from page five.

Jim

If you enjoyed reading about "Offering plans to make swaging die automatic bullet ejector" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!