Re. DW serial numbers & production date

PDA

asdec33
April 19, 2008, 07:55 PM
Hi All: Just joined the forum and have a question concerning my "new" Dan Wesson Model 741. Does anyone know how to tell the production date from a read of the serial number? Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Re. DW serial numbers & production date" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Flatfender
April 20, 2008, 10:47 PM
Check over at http://www.danwessonforum.com/

They may be able to help you.

HOME DEPOT GEORGE
April 21, 2008, 02:37 PM
asdec33-I just picked up a mint monson made supermag with a extremely low serial #. I have been all over the net and what I found out is that since DW has gone out of business several times is the feds namely (atf) has all the records so serial number info especially on the old models is non existant. If you have any luck please pm me. Thanks HDG.:)

asdec33
April 21, 2008, 11:11 PM
Hi Home Depot George, you are too right about the scarcity of S/N information on any DW. Once the gov got their hands on their paperwork it was all over. I will keep on trying and will post any thing I find.

MarshallDodge
April 21, 2008, 11:20 PM
I don't have an answer for you but welcome to the high road. :)

If you enjoyed reading about "Re. DW serial numbers & production date" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!