First Look: Spectre Products Timber Pig

PDA

Sharp Phil
August 14, 2003, 03:54 PM
I'm fairly certain I was one of less than half a dozen people who handled this knife first.

Timber Pig (http://www.themartialist.com/0803/timberpig.htm)

If you enjoyed reading about "First Look: Spectre Products Timber Pig" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
George Hill
August 14, 2003, 08:42 PM
Ouch. That knife cuts you just looking at it!

Wes_Tulsa
August 14, 2003, 09:33 PM
Looks like it might be something to have when I'm hunting. Any clue as to what the cost will be?

Sharp Phil
August 15, 2003, 07:24 AM
Actually, no, I'm not sure, though Carl spoke several times of keeping it affordable. For serious field carry I would have an aftermarket sheath made for it.

Mannlicher
August 16, 2003, 05:52 PM
I hate to say it, but that just does not appeal to me. I think I will stick with my Randall #11. for hunting.

seeker_two
August 16, 2003, 06:22 PM
http://www.themartialist.com/images/timberpig-blade.JPG

Nice knife, but the front of the blade is too pointed & narrow for skinning (an important feature in a hunting knife.) If he could round it off a little, I'd be sold on it... :D

Dave Markowitz
August 16, 2003, 07:03 PM
I am nonplussed. IMO, my Becker Combat/Utility 7 is a better all around field knife, was quite affordable, and actually came with a usable sheath.

CWL
August 16, 2003, 07:26 PM
That knife looks great although I am skeptical about such a fine tip on a utility/survival knife. no amount of hardening/metallurgist's skills will keep that tip intact during hard use. I'd need to dig, chop and scrape more than I'll need to drill holes (although a good feature).

As pointed out above, it is useless as a skinner.

The Tom Brown Tracker would be more efficient overall.

This knife looks more like a fighter than survival. Kinda reminds me of some J. Greco knives as well.

Dr.Rob
August 18, 2003, 04:55 PM
Pig is right, touch a hide with that and it will look like it was mauled by a boar. Don't doubt it's wicked sharp though.

If you enjoyed reading about "First Look: Spectre Products Timber Pig" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!