I found a P-7 that was affordable today...

PDA

MM
April 19, 2008, 08:58 PM
I know it's not my usual 'murcan made purchase, but it does fit the "no longer made" criteria I try to pursue for my collection. It came with the box, tools and manual, but is has enough "character" to qualify for some range time, instead of being solely a safe queen. Maybe I'll get the opportunity to "squeeze" off a few next weekend.
MM

If you enjoyed reading about "I found a P-7 that was affordable today..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
redneckrepairs
April 19, 2008, 09:00 PM
I am sure you will like it once you get used to the manual of arms . Took some adjustment but i now love mine .

MM
April 19, 2008, 09:14 PM
The squeeze cocking does take "different" motor skills than I'm used to, but I'm looking forward to shooting a pistol so famous for that fixed barrel accuracy.
MM

rellascout
April 19, 2008, 09:58 PM
Is this a PSP or is it a M8?

The Lone Haranguer
April 19, 2008, 10:16 PM
PSP. There is neither a heat shield on the frame nor any lever magazine releases.

I wish someone had one (either model) that I could try out. (hint, hint)

rellascout
April 19, 2008, 10:17 PM
Correct. I did not click on the pick to get a larger view.

MM
April 19, 2008, 10:22 PM
C'mon down to Tennessee, LH. We'll shoot the P-7PSP, then, when the guns are all clean and put away, we'll spend some time with my faithful friend Jack (Daniels, that is)!
MM

aikidoka-mks
April 19, 2008, 10:39 PM
Nice :)

Dobe
April 19, 2008, 10:45 PM
One you get use to it, I doubt is will stay in the safe for very long. Congratulations on a great find.

Dobe

MaterDei
April 19, 2008, 10:47 PM
I'm green with envy.

MM
April 19, 2008, 11:01 PM
Thanks,all.
They still have a "1 of 500" example in the case for $1799.99 if you want to hie on down and scoop that baby up!
MM

redneckrepairs
April 20, 2008, 07:44 AM
LOL which last of series is it ? First there was the jubes , then the 500 , each time hk stated they were " the last of the m8s" They are like that strip mall store that has the going out of business sale every year lol . Seriously good luck selling it but for myself ill pick up another police retiree psp style or two for a lot less and even be happier about the pistol(s) and still be able to afford a few more of the overpriced mags ( i only have 6 spares now ).

PX15
April 20, 2008, 09:28 AM
MM:

You are about to discover you are a much better marksman than you thought you were..:D

The HK P7 IS that inherently accurate...

Jesse

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a73/Laserlips/100_8872.jpg

MM
April 20, 2008, 10:29 AM
PX,
I'm hip, my Bersa .380 also has a fixed barrel and it really makes me look good at the range. I'm anticipating similar performance from the P-7.
MM

MM
April 20, 2008, 10:32 AM
Neck,
I think you're correct. HK as a corporate entity, presents a certain arrogance towards the civilian market and your strategy of buying retired police weapons seems sound.
MM

Atla
April 20, 2008, 09:25 PM
Very nice gun, and extremely quick when it comes to reloads for competitions and such.

Sadly, it being an H&K and no longer made - if it breaks.... good luck getting parts or it fixed.

Spinnerblade
April 20, 2008, 09:43 PM
I picked up a couple of the "German trade-ins" from CDNN.

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h290/spinnerx/Commanderpics001.jpg

I have always wanted one since shooting one at a gunshop I worked at, part-time, around '85. We had some reloads for the range that would not feed in anything, even a Glock, the P7 was the only gun that would shoot these rounds, but the bullets were keyholing at 7 yards.

Like everyone says very accurate.Patrick

pdowg881
April 20, 2008, 11:18 PM
I tried one today and was pretty amazed at how accurately I could shoot it. i also liked the trigger a lot. I haven't really shot anything like it before.

MM
April 21, 2008, 08:25 PM
As far as breakage, it seems robustly made. My fieldstrip-and-clean after getting it home seemed to indicate, as light as the slide is, the weapon is well made for longevity. I guess I'll find out. I know a coupla creative 'smiths who can figure out a repair should it be necessary, but like any collectable, no-longer made gun, it will see only limited range time and I have a multitude of more "replaceable" carry choices.
Spinner, nice brace of H-K's.
MM

Spinnerblade
April 22, 2008, 06:24 AM
The only thing I worry about, is that I have read of a few instances of the drop safety spring breaking, and one guy broke another part, I think it had something to do with the squeeze cocker. It seems parts are difficult to get and very expensive as well.Patrick

MM
April 22, 2008, 08:41 PM
Spinner,
I'll bear in mind your sage wisdom, thanks.
MM

If you enjoyed reading about "I found a P-7 that was affordable today..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!