Help with Bersa Thunder Problem

PDA

King Red
April 19, 2008, 11:52 PM
Hi, my brother has a Bersa Thunder chambered in .380 I believe. He told me that the lever used to take the gun down for cleaning is stuck and will not rotate. I do not own a Bersa and I have not seen the gun yet, so I was wondering if anybody here has experienced this problem and how it might be fixed.

I could diagnose a 1911, Springfield XD, and many other guns, but I know nothing about the Bersas.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

If you enjoyed reading about "Help with Bersa Thunder Problem" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
txcoyote
April 20, 2008, 12:44 AM
Go over to http://bersachapterhouse.50webs.com/ for a disassembly guide or to bersatalk.com for questions. There's a resident Bersa Warranty gunsmith at Bersatalk.com . Good luck

KyJim
April 20, 2008, 12:53 AM
I can't think of much that can go wrong. The Bersa is about the simplest pistol to field strip there is. Check to make sure it is not loaded. Use the decocking/safety lever on the left to lower the hammer. Pull slide back and rotate the slide release lever on the right side to the downward position. Pull the slide back a bit further and lift off the rails. It literally takes five seconds. The slide release lever or latch does not come out when field stripping.

If stuck trying to reassemble, I would suggest he hasn't gotten the frame seated back on the rails correctly. This can be just a tad tricky. Take it back off and try it again. Other than that, I don't know.

If you enjoyed reading about "Help with Bersa Thunder Problem" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!