Barnes TTSX, wow

PDA

mewachee
April 20, 2008, 02:16 PM
I got a short video, produced by Barnes Bullets called Bullet Myths Busted. It was interesting, but being the skeptic that I am, figure it had to be smoke an mirrors on some level.

Wow, these bullets perform. The 50 fps faster with the same charge. I had a group the other day at 300 yards, just over on inch out of a hunting rifle. I have never had a group at those distances under 2.5. I have seen a bullet recovered, open up just like they look on the video and their website. They are expensive, however I believe starting fresh with a new rifle, working up a load would be not so bad. I am a new fan.

I went to these because I couldn't get the Hornady bullets locally that I have been using for a few years. They haven't been of the shelf for 3 months now. It will be expensive to store up the Barnes bullets, but I think they will be worth it.

If you enjoyed reading about "Barnes TTSX, wow" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
CBS220
April 20, 2008, 02:26 PM
Pay for premium bullets and you generally get premium quality.

I remember the old Barnes bullets causing some pretty heavy fouling. Were these bad about it?

mewachee
April 20, 2008, 03:10 PM
I have shot about 35 so far, I haven't noticed any fouling. The Busted video claims that the rings they cut into the bullet create a place for the copper to flow. If I do notice any fouling, I will lap the barrel and stay with the bullet.

Clark
April 21, 2008, 07:09 PM
I bought into it too, and the past couple years I have used TSX bullets in the 300WM.

They sent me the DVD and it was a great sales job.

I may start using them in other calibers.

mewachee
April 21, 2008, 08:10 PM
from what I can tell, they are limited in caliber. The calibers they sell will be a factor in the next rifle I buy. I know there are many great bullets out there, but Barnes has really impressed me; not an easy thing to do.

GunTech
April 21, 2008, 08:31 PM
I have been using TSX for a while an have been impressed - except by their BC. Have to try some tipped now.

mewachee
April 22, 2008, 12:18 PM
The B.C. thing was a concern for me as well, but in a way, the bullet makes up for it with higher velocities.

Same charge, same bullet mass, but when I compare Hornady SSTs(B.C. .460) to Barnes TTSXs(B.C. .392), Barnes is 50 fps faster.

If you enjoyed reading about "Barnes TTSX, wow" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!