.2 grains accuracy good enough for scale

PDA

akolleth
April 21, 2008, 08:20 AM
I know .1 would be better, but if all I reload is rifle rounds will an electronic scale that can measure to .2 grains be good enough? I would be smart enough never to reach out to the max charge (in case it would end up .1 over max)

If you enjoyed reading about ".2 grains accuracy good enough for scale" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Dave P
April 21, 2008, 08:51 AM
For a typical rifle round, +- .2 grains will not show up on the target.

loadedround
April 21, 2008, 10:41 AM
I agree with Dave P. .2 gr will make no difference what-so-ever if you are not working at max levels. :)

cpttango30
April 21, 2008, 11:03 AM
Depends on what you want to do. I have a digital scale and I am going back to a beam. I love my PACT BBKII but I would rather use a .1gr +- beam scale for my varmint loading.

dmickey
April 21, 2008, 12:43 PM
As I understand it, electronic scales are accurate to 1/10 grain +/- as well. Personally I find the electronic scale easier to use in that you don't have to have the beam at eye level to read properly.

KI.W.
April 21, 2008, 12:54 PM
0,2gr for .30-06 ok, but for .22 Hornet? Never mind. It is not bench rest caliber.

Hook686
April 21, 2008, 03:18 PM
I load for plinking, target range, tactical match (SD practice) and not long range shooting, or bullseye shooting. Thus +/- .5 grains does not bother me, and I load mid-range loads. I use a beam scale that has + .5 scale and - .5 scale. If the pointer falls anywhere within these scale ranges I accept the load and seat the bullet. +.5 gains is not above the max load for the bullet/powder/primer/O.A.L. data.

If you enjoyed reading about ".2 grains accuracy good enough for scale" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!