board performance

PDA

Derek Zeanah
April 21, 2008, 09:54 AM
Well, as far as I can things are now running cleanly in the new datacenter. The board is a bit quicker overall, backups are being performed regularly, plenty of room for attachments, search has been tweaked and modified so it works (even for 2 letter search terms), and there's more functionality for users who aren't logged in.

Are we "there" yet?

If you enjoyed reading about "board performance" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Mal H
April 21, 2008, 12:54 PM
I'd say we're pretty much "there". :)

I was remarking to myself last night how quickly the server was responding and thought there was probably a light load. Wrong! When I checked, there were over 2000 users online. Just a month ago, that would have made for 2 minute response times, "server not founds", etc.

Thanks a gazillion for all the hard work!
Trust me, it is appreciated.

41magsnub
April 21, 2008, 01:12 PM
I think things are running much better than pre-upgrade. I haven't had a "hang post" in quite a while and it seems the incidents of double or more posts are way down.

rbernie
April 21, 2008, 09:56 PM
Still the occasional hangup editing posts, but that's not likely back-end specific and all in all it's a pretty dang spiffy setup.

Thanks. :D

RNB65
April 25, 2008, 12:50 AM
Great job, DZ. If we could get our systems at work to run as smoothly as THR, life would be good.
-

bensdad
April 25, 2008, 01:09 AM
She's like a Swiss watch.

FlyinBryan
April 27, 2008, 10:37 PM
actually the fastest board i visit.

actually the only gun board but i visit lots of sports boards and radio control racecar boards.

If you enjoyed reading about "board performance" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!