Glock's new features

PDA

Island Beretta
August 14, 2003, 08:04 PM
Hi All:

Read sometime ago in the Glock Annual that a loaded chamber indicator and a gun lock in the backstrap would be put on Glocks. Can anyone tell if this is being done and when it started?

Thanks!!

P.S. I did a search (unsuccessful) already!!

If you enjoyed reading about "Glock's new features" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
9x19
August 14, 2003, 08:19 PM
The loaded chamber indicator (just a small bump on the outside of the extractor) is standard on all Glocks now.

The backstrap lock is optional unless your state requires them... I haven't seen one (Thank Texas!).

LeonCarr
August 14, 2003, 10:18 PM
Bought a Glock 17 about a month ago...no integral lock, but it does have the loaded chamber indicator, aka an accidental discharge indicator. Always visually check the chamber.

Just my .02,
LeonCarr

bad_dad_brad
August 14, 2003, 11:52 PM
PC stuff. I always know if my Glock is chambered. Is the trigger forward? Then the gun is chambered regardless if it is or not. Why I like Glocks. Trigger locks are in a word, silly.

10-Ring
August 15, 2003, 12:10 AM
I haven't seen any of the 'new' Glocks. But then again, I haven't really been looking for them either ;)

tac17
August 15, 2003, 04:55 PM
What 9X19 said.

If you enjoyed reading about "Glock's new features" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!