Diamondback prices

PDA

Tango Sierra
August 14, 2003, 09:40 PM
A local dealer has some used Colt Diamondback 4" revolvers for sale. I looked on Gunbroker.com to get an idea of a fair price for the Diamondback but the prices were all over the place, much more so than I've noticed for other guns.

What should a Diamondback 4" go for, both nickel and blue models in very good to excellent condition?

If you enjoyed reading about "Diamondback prices" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
burrhead
August 14, 2003, 10:01 PM
Gun prices tend to vary by location. That said, nice Diamondbacks run around $500 +/- in this neck of the woods.

4v50 Gary
August 14, 2003, 10:22 PM
I lucked out a year ago and got one for $300. That was a real bargain. Expect to pay at least $400.

dfariswheel
August 14, 2003, 10:24 PM
Again, the pricing varies according on location.

With that said, the prices on Diamondbacks, ESPECIALLY nickel models is high, and getting higher.

We're unlikely to ever see a new production of the Diamondback, so there is a finite number of them out there, and that's all.

If you can afford to buy, DO IT.

doctorhumbert
August 14, 2003, 10:49 PM
I too saw that Local gun show dealer had LNIB diamondback for $850. I know it's alot, but should I try to haggle it to 750~800? or should I look for a better deal?

tbeb
August 15, 2003, 07:27 PM
I was just offered a 4" blue that was 85% for $375, and that included shipping. And it sounded like owner would come down some.

I was also just offered a nickel one that was better than 85%, almost new. Price was $500, and that did not include shipping.

Personally, I would only pay $325 (plus tax) maximum for one that is in excellent condition. I would only pay $275 (plus tax) maximum for one that is in very good condition.

4v50 Gary
August 15, 2003, 09:38 PM
Nice pair Saxon Pig. Why, they look like mine but only much cleaner.

Standing Wolf
August 16, 2003, 09:11 PM
Saxon Pig:

Mighty pretty!

Snake Eyes
August 17, 2003, 07:53 AM
I am building a collection of snakes and I keep my eye out for Diamondbacks. I set my limits at $400 or less for anything other than NIB, and I've found a couple at those prices.

However, the NIB Diamondbacks seem to take a BIG jump in price--all the way up to the $800 range. I haven't quite gotten my head around paying Python money for a Diamondback yet. If I saw a NIB 2 1/2" I'd probably think about it pretty hard, though.

I just wish I could find deals like Saxon!

YMMV

Peter

Tango Sierra
August 17, 2003, 12:47 PM
Thanks for the info guys. The two blue ones are tagged $350 and $399 and the nickel one is $500. I just paid off on a CZ Friday night and I go on vacation in ten days so I'll see how much money I have left when I get back. I really want that nickel Diamondback and since things have been really slow for gun stores in my area at least one of the Diamondbacks should be available when I get back. If I have to, I'll settle for a blue one.

4v50 Gary
August 17, 2003, 02:20 PM
$350 and $399 are reasonable. The only reason I got my last one so cheap is that it is a restricted item (non-safety tested) in CA.

If you enjoyed reading about "Diamondback prices" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!