Legal to purchase a hangun at age 18 in Maryland?

PDA

Mark Pearson
April 23, 2008, 05:27 AM
So, I've heard that in most states it's legal to buy a handgun from a non-ffl dealer at the age of 18. I need to know if this is true in the state of Maryland where I live. Also, it would be nice if someone could explain the process to me as a whole if it is legal to purchase a handgun at 18 in Maryland.

I'm new to this site, so I apologize in advance if there is some sort of search function or other means of finding this imformation more efficiently without wasting your time.

If you enjoyed reading about "Legal to purchase a hangun at age 18 in Maryland?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Kharn
April 23, 2008, 06:35 AM
You cannot buy a handgun if you are under 21 in MD, face-to-face sales must have the state paperwork & background check done and the MSP will reject the paperwork if the buyer is under 21.

Kharn

-C4-
April 23, 2008, 09:36 AM
+1. MD regulates hand guns and "assault" weapons. All of them have to have paperwork done through the state and MUST go through an FFL, hence no face-to-face in MD for those weapons. And as Kharn said MSP will reject a hand gun/assault weapon request for anyone under 21. I lived in MD up until about 2 years ago. From what I have heard from a friend who is a MD FFL they also now require a form that allows the MSP to look through any and all of your medical history in order to buy a gun.

Mark Pearson
April 23, 2008, 02:38 PM
Ok. Thank you for the imformation.

blackcash88
April 23, 2008, 04:26 PM
You cannot buy a handgun if you are 21 in MD,

Huh?

If you enjoyed reading about "Legal to purchase a hangun at age 18 in Maryland?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!