hi-point 4595!

PDA

hatchetbearer
April 23, 2008, 09:52 AM
purely speculation at this point, but i was browsing the hi-point website and found this http://www.hi-pointfirearms.com/40_carbine.asp it gives a price list for the parts, now look at the compensator at the bottom. COMP 40-45 Compensator for 40 & 45 Carbine
$25.00 either its a web designer screwing with us or somebody at the hi-point plant picked up on our begs and pleads. this and the spiffy new stock they are releasing make to be an interesting change of events.

If you enjoyed reading about "hi-point 4595!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
hatchetbearer
April 23, 2008, 08:06 PM
email from the company says the 45 carbine is in prototype stage, they only have about 10 and will be released around Christmas 08- Spring 09

pgeleven
April 23, 2008, 08:15 PM
only thing hi-point would do for me is serve as a drop-weapon. or if you only have a few bucks and ABSOLUTELY need to rob a bank, thats the way to go. even a zombie would laugh at that. well, i recant that statement. ive handled several and shot a few and never felt safe with the weapon as a whole.

Deer Hunter
April 23, 2008, 08:18 PM
I love hi point carbines. They are great, affordable guns for people who don't want to spend 500+ dollars on other pistol caliber carbines.

Eightball
April 23, 2008, 08:25 PM
It may look hideous, but actually shoulders well for me. That being said, I still don't own one.

CBS220
April 23, 2008, 08:38 PM
I can't fault them for function...

But man, are they ugly!

Ohio Rifleman
April 23, 2008, 10:29 PM
This is good news, as I'd be very interested in one. I'd want to handle it first, since I didn't care for the 9mm carbine, but hopefully the 45 will be improved. And guns are meant for chuckin' lead, not for lookin' pretty.

transformerguru
April 23, 2008, 10:40 PM
I have shot the 9mm carbine and it is a pretty fun little plinker. The .45 would be very interesting. I'm thinking about the 40 though, partly I have over 400 rounds of 40 sitting here and no 40 to shoot it with.

41magsnub
April 23, 2008, 10:45 PM
They are like the glock of rifles. Somewhat unergonomic and ugly as sin but go bang every time.

Hoppy590
April 23, 2008, 11:47 PM
only thing hi-point would do for me is serve as a drop-weapon. or if you only have a few bucks and ABSOLUTELY need to rob a bank, thats the way to go. even a zombie would laugh at that. well, i recant that statement. ive handled several and shot a few and never felt safe with the weapon as a whole.

i see you have never owned a hi point carbine.

gotta love internet gun chatter

any word on what mags it will take? hi points or..... PLEASE!!! 1911's?

Bigfoot
April 24, 2008, 12:46 AM
The 4595 prototype isn't bad looking. The rumor is that this is the gun that the carbine shop supervisor Jim Carroll is holding here. Notice that the reciever cover is longer on the top than the 40 and 9mm.

It uses the mags from Hi Points .45 pistol.

wisocki
April 24, 2008, 12:55 AM
I don't condone the purchase of hi-points.

Deer Hunter
April 24, 2008, 12:56 AM
I love how people will give their positions, but never give their positions any sort of substance.

Hoppy590
April 24, 2008, 01:15 AM

do you have any support.

have you ever owned a Hi point. or known some one who has? have they had problems, and if so have they contacted hi point? has hi point been given the chance to make it right?

you can play the gun snob all you want
but hi point offers the best warenty, and a damn goodand reliable product. best of american made, if not in the world. all for under 200$

cleardiddion
April 24, 2008, 01:46 AM
To answer you question Hoppy590, no. Simply no.

People who sit there and turn their noses skyward towards the hi-points for the most part draw their ideas from the internet and simple scuttlebutt. Oh well, their money right?

Loanshark
April 24, 2008, 03:09 AM
Just sighted in my hi-point 995 carbeeen... I love that little thing... lots o fun. Probably one of the best bargains around.

MD_Willington
April 24, 2008, 03:21 AM
I've only used one and it was so so... sometimes it worked, sometimes it did not...

MachIVshooter
April 24, 2008, 06:15 AM
but hi point offers the best warenty, and a damn goodand reliable product. best of american made, if not in the world. all for under 200$

Lifetime warranty's are commonplace with many, many consumer products, both high and low quality. Certainly not unique to Hi-point, and not indicative of quality in any way.

I don't dispute the carbine's reliability, though I've witnessed too many breakages with the pistols for me to consider them anything other than an ugly plinker.

But to call them the "best of american made, if not in the world" is just plain silly and goes to the opposite extreme of the people you are calling gun snobs.

Hipoint's are what they are. I won't call them less, but I certainly can't see putting them on par with top notch guns from reputable manufacturers.

Odnar
April 24, 2008, 06:49 AM
Hoppy590, I couldn't recommend a Hi-Point carbine to anyone in good conscience. I have a 995 that I picked up used and it has a extraction problem every 20 rounds or so. Maybe you're better off buying one new because the klinkers are the ones getting resold. Does anyone know if Hi-Point will still do warranty work if the stock's been replaced? Sure the warranty is great, but it's still a pain in the ass to send it out.

PTK
April 24, 2008, 08:37 AM
Odnar

After reading your post, you're now complaining that you have to send the gun out to get it fixed. Well, of course you do - Kimber, S&W, Glock, Kel-Tec, they all require the same thing. Hi-Point WILL work on guns with aftermarket stocks, as far as I know - they did on my 995.

hatchetbearer
April 24, 2008, 09:04 AM
the only problem i had with mine was the first few times i shot it the bolt wouldnt fully shut, and only by about 1/16th of an inch, just enough for me not to be able to pull the trigger. after 10k rounds of winchester bulk ammo, it goes bang every time, with a red dot, i can get MOS (minute of squirrel) accuracy at about 35 yards. since they are into making carbines, I'd be interested in a box fed 12ga model with interchangeable barrel, say an 18" smoothbore and a rifled slug barrel. would fit HD role nicely and you could use it as a brush gun for hunting deer and whatnot.

ozwyn
April 24, 2008, 09:45 AM
I have a friend who lives a couple states away. he shoots a hi-point with the ati stock and loves it. cheap and reliable and much less fugly with the stock. (still under 300 with the aftermarket stock when he did it)

They may never win any beauty contests but they go bang every time, are cheap and shoot straight enough from what I have heard.

Technosavant
April 24, 2008, 11:02 AM
Too bad the 4595 won't accept 1911 mags. Then it would be a sure thing purchase for me. Instead, I'll have to take a wait and see attitude.

Organdonor
April 24, 2008, 11:28 AM
I have a buddy who had a HiPoint in .40 and a Beretta Storm CX4 in .40.

He now only has the HiPoint. He sold the Beretta. He liked it, but not enough to hold onto it when he liked the HiPoint just as much, and for less than HALF the price. Heck, he could throw an ATI stock on the HiPoint, and have a Beretta clone for half the price, and with a lifetime warranty. He's not going to bother, though. The HiPoint is his "trunk gun." He never cleans it, it goes bang every time he pulls the trigger... and if it doesn't, HiPoint will fix it for free.

I think it's ugly as sin... but I'll be picking one up after I decide what caliber handgun I'm buying this summer. If I get a .40, I'll pick up a HiPoint in .40.... if I get a .45, I'll wait til they release it in .45, so I can use the same ammo.

The only thing I liked better about his Storm was that it could be switched to lefty... which I shoot. But I don't have any problems with either gun in right-hand mode.

J Star
April 24, 2008, 11:52 AM
I just purchased a Hi-Point 995. I'm having fun with it, but every time I shoot, the second round in the magazine fails to feed correctly. I clear it, and the rest of the magazine feeds fine.

Other than that, it's a lot of fun, and cheap to shoot with white box Winchester. If I can get the feeding issues worked out, I'll keep it and put an ATI stock on. Otherwise it'll go the way of my Mini-14, which also never fed right.

Hoppy590
April 24, 2008, 11:55 AM
Lifetime warranty's are commonplace with many, many consumer products, both high and low quality. Certainly not unique to Hi-point, and not indicative of quality in any way.

I don't dispute the carbine's reliability, though I've witnessed too many breakages with the pistols for me to consider them anything other than an ugly plinker.

But to call them the "best of american made, if not in the world" is just plain silly and goes to the opposite extreme of the people you are calling gun snobs.

Hipoint's are what they are. I won't call them less, but I certainly can't see putting them on par with top notch guns from reputable manufacturers.

fair enough, it was bad exageration on my part
but hi point offers the best warenty, and a damn goodand reliable product. best of american made, if not in the world, for under 200$

more agreeabl?. i certainly didnt want to come off as hi points are the golden egg. but they cost so little, offer so much and yet are pissed on by so many who have never owned one, or never tried to fix it.

or just the best value for the dollar.

hatchetbearer
April 25, 2008, 08:33 AM
J Star:
fire a few hundred to about a thousand through it, it'll stop, also are you using an extra magazine, the one i got with the gun works fine, but one i picked up with it (also hi-point) needed its feed lips to be spread a hair. Also, has anyone told you to leave your mags with 9 rounds in them for about a week or two to break in the spring.

tntwatt
April 25, 2008, 09:04 AM
I've always wondered about the HI-Points. There so cheap, I think I'll just go buy one and find out for myself. I noticed they have a lifetime warranty for the gun no how many times it's changed hands. Does anyone else have that kind of warranty?

foghornl
April 25, 2008, 09:19 AM
I don't own any Hi-Points, but several of my Shooting Budds have them. (Informal shooting group, we {not so jokingly} call ourselves 'The Cheap Galoots').

Hi-Points are not the most AP {Aesthetically Pleasing} firearms out there, but they go Bang! on request every time, or Hi-Point fixes it free....and they put the lead where you aim. For a sub-$300 carbine, what more can you ask?

The .45ACP carbine that takes the 30-round Thompson 'stick' magazines, or even the large drums!!!!!!

BryanP
April 25, 2008, 09:30 AM
I'll believe it when I lay eyes on one. I've been hearinig "any day now" on the 4595 since I first received this in 2003:

Bryan,
Hopefully the HI-POINT 45ACP carbine will be available sometime around
March 2004. Thank your for your interest in HI-POINT firearms.

Thanks Again,
kvh MKS Supply, Inc.

moooose102
April 25, 2008, 10:16 AM
in all practicality, all the weapon has to do is fire the round, reliably, and in the same spot every time. its looks, and price are purely a matter of status. some folks will not shoot a $200.00 gun, because it is "junk". but when that $200.00 "junk" is put to the real world test, it will kill just as effectivly as the $3000.00 gun next to it. would you rather be shot by a $200.00 gun, or a $3000.00 gun? in the end, it really does not matter, you are just as dead!

tinygnat219
April 25, 2008, 10:28 AM
Interesting. If I hadn't bought a 995 9MM Carbine recently and traded for a Kel-Tec Sub 2000 in 9MM, I might be tempted. Hi-Point's Carbine is the long awaited Glock Carbine.

skinewmexico
April 25, 2008, 11:12 AM
I want a 45 to use as a cheap hog gun.

MD_Willington
April 25, 2008, 11:20 AM
Just wanted to add, the one I used was very dirty and very beat up..

J Star
April 25, 2008, 01:24 PM
J Star:
fire a few hundred to about a thousand through it, it'll stop, also are you using an extra magazine, the one i got with the gun works fine, but one i picked up with it (also hi-point) needed its feed lips to be spread a hair. Also, has anyone told you to leave your mags with 9 rounds in them for about a week or two to break in the spring.

Thanks for the advice. :D

I have heard about breaking in mag springs, so I have been letting it sit all week loaded. I have 10 rounds in, though, so maybe I need to pop one out? But otherwise, yeah, I have done this for all my mini-14 mags and my AK mags too, and they seem to work well.

I only have 1 mag right now - which sucks - but it is the one that came with it. It also seems a bit loose in the magwell, so I'm not sure if that may be an issue as well. Also, I think I will try spreading the feed lips a hair, as they are really tight.

Car Knocker
April 25, 2008, 02:03 PM
Nobody asked you to.

clone
April 25, 2008, 06:24 PM
Criticize Hi Point all you, but it is the brand that introduced me to the wonderful world of firearms. When I received my CCW permit, I sold my Hi Point to fund my CCW pistol.

I still want one of those carbines though, when funds allow.

Bigfoot
April 25, 2008, 08:14 PM
It should be noted that Hi-Point sometimes won't warranty a gun that has had the ATI stock on it. The reason given is that the ATI stock is too stiff and causes excessive wear. Seems to me that a buffer and a soft recoil pad would solve this problem... I'd hang on to the original stock just in case.

USMCDK
April 25, 2008, 08:20 PM
I agree to an extent with the first few posters.

It's not so much that the weapon is ugly (In my eyes) it's that the weapon seems to be just an over glorified pistol. just MHO

mgregg85
April 25, 2008, 08:21 PM
I've got nothing against hipoint but I am rather tired of them talking about this 4595 and never releasing it.

I really wish Kel-tec would redesign the sub-2000 to handle .45 ACP, or make it for 7.62x25mm(PPSH drum mags... anyone?)

sigma 40ve
April 25, 2008, 08:28 PM
^ +100

I also wish someone would make a carbine in 762x25

dispatch55126
April 25, 2008, 10:19 PM
Hoppy590,

If you're looking into one, check out:
http://hipointfirearmsforums.com/
They'll give you all the information you need to know.

BTW, mines never had a problem, eats anything and very accurate, just stay away from the ATI. There's a problem with excessive play in the action. I bent both receivers screws and switched back to the original stock.

Hoppy590
April 26, 2008, 01:24 PM
Hoppy590,

If you're looking into one, check out:
http://hipointfirearmsforums.com/
They'll give you all the information you need to know.

BTW, mines never had a problem, eats anything and very accurate, just stay away from the ATI. There's a problem with excessive play in the action. I bent both receivers screws and switched back to the original stock.

iv had one for over a year now :) love it.

J Star
May 5, 2008, 05:09 PM
Thread, I raise you from the dead! :evil:

First off: Bigfoot - Hi-Point has NEVER refused to honor the warranty due to an ATI stock. Hi-Point has complained that the ATI stocks cause damage, but they will still repair the gun. Hell, they even send it back in a factory stock with your ATI stock in the box next to it.

Secondly, I had to call Hi-Point today about my mag. Still having issues. After I got off the phone, it was still feeding snap caps wrong once in a while. I pulled the whole thing apart, and there were several polymer pieces that were very rough and sticking in to the magwell slightly. I ground those down with a Dremel, and put it all back together, and it seems to work great now. I'll have to check it with live ammo at the range later, but I am willing to bet that the polymer sticking in to the magwell was holding the mag off-center enough to cause some issues. As a bonus, Hi-Point is sending me a new mag anyway. :D

Third, while I was on the phone I asked about the .45 because I know a lot of people have been waiting for it. (Me, I like 9mm and 40S&W just fine.) They said hopefully August 08. :)

rdhood
May 5, 2008, 10:14 PM
Ive got three high points: a 40S&W, a 9mm and a 995 carbine. The 40S&W and the 995 carbine (which I bought from a LEO, btw) are pretty darned reliable. The 9mm pistol gives me fits, but I only have about 200 rounds through it.

moooose102
May 6, 2008, 12:00 PM
I think it's ugly as sin... MAN YOU HAVE GOT THAT RIGHT! but, they are cheap. if i had known about them when i bought my 45, i would have at least looked at one. but i am happy with the one i have, so i am not going to spend money on a duplicate gun.

J Star
May 7, 2008, 02:12 PM
Quote:
I think it's ugly as sin...
MAN YOU HAVE GOT THAT RIGHT! but, they are cheap. if i had known about them when i bought my 45, i would have at least looked at one. but i am happy with the one i have, so i am not going to spend money on a duplicate gun.

They are pretty ugly, but they are redesigning the stock for release late this year or early next year. (Although I am not holding my breath.) The nice part is that I can buy a 995, an ATI stock, and 500 rounds of ammo and still be under half the price of the Beretta Storm. (Which I think is a great gun, just too rich for my blood right now.)

frankd4
May 8, 2008, 02:14 PM
The storm in 9mm is the best pistol cal. carbine around, do your self a fav and check them out.

Picard
May 8, 2008, 02:19 PM
With an aftermarket stock, the Hi-Point Carbine looks pretty darn good.

ScratchnDent
May 8, 2008, 03:31 PM
I've been anxiously awaiting a Hipoint carbine in .45 for years.

CrazyFeet
May 8, 2008, 04:11 PM
I have the kel tec in the glock 9mm config and I really like it.

but i have been thinking about picking up a hi point carbine as well.. I know a bunch of people who have them and never seen or heard of a problem with them.

41magsnub
May 8, 2008, 04:16 PM
I love my 9mm carbine with the ATI stock. It is ugly, clunky, requires tools not normally used on guns to disassemble, goes bang every time, and hits where I aim with the cheap BSA red dot.

I'll probably pick up a 4595 once they come out (if ever) and the hype dies down.

rondog
May 9, 2008, 04:10 AM
Ima thinkin' I need to get meself a .40 carbine. Been picking up lots of .40 range brass, need something to shoot it out of.

mnrivrat
May 9, 2008, 04:51 AM
I've had a 995 carbine for about a year now and it is a fun gun to shoot. It does not scream quality at you, but it mostly works well and shoots straight.

I can't think of a better buy for the $200 paid, I think waiting for the .45 acp one will turn you into a lunatic in need of expensive theropy , so go buy the 995 and start having fun - when and if the .45 comes out - buy that one too ! You can always pass the 9mm on to someone else to have fun with.

Your going to get enough fun out of the Hi-Point carbine to justify that $200 and you don't need the ATI stock - just a waste of ammo money !:D

ps: Did I say "fun" enough times ?

pss: If you don't want to depend on these to defend your life that's OK - just use them for the other 99.9% of your shooting.

rogerxd45
May 9, 2008, 05:36 AM
it is in progress

i am working on getting my first its a 995 with the ati stock

desert_rhino
February 23, 2009, 09:16 PM
Yep... my 995 is ugly as sin. I call it the Planet of the Apes gun. Cost me $202 out the door with tax and 3 magazines. :)

But when I took it out to the range for a 3-gun defensive shoot, I had 24 targets and 31 rounds... I didn't win on speed, but I still had 3 rounds left with zero misfeeds, jams, or ftf's.

There were a WHOLE BUNCH of $1500+ HK's and clones there, and about half had so many jams, misfeeds, and ftfs that they could not finish the course. Seriously, at least one had 8 20-round magazines and couldn't get through the course after dropping all his mags due to jams.

I'll take the cheap-as-hell 995 that goes "bang" every time over an expensive pretty gun that goes "click" a lot.

I also like the sights. Very fast to acquire, and right on-target at 50 yards out of the box. And it fits me very well. I'll be lining up for a 4595.

lipadj46
February 23, 2009, 10:30 PM
First post and you get the "beating a dead horse" award and the "zombie thread master" award, congratulations :evil: Yes most of us agree the 995 is a good little rifle welcome aboard.

husker
February 23, 2009, 11:00 PM
they told me last month to look for the 45acp around spring or early summer

lipadj46
February 23, 2009, 11:10 PM
"They" have been saying that for a while. Hopefully we will see it this year.

husker
February 23, 2009, 11:33 PM
ya. my friend told me thats what they said 2 years ago. but i seen a pic of one that somebody posted on here about a month ago. if that pic was really a 45acp i would think there really close. the pic was at a gun show with a sales man from high point.

If you enjoyed reading about "hi-point 4595!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!