Am I the only one?

PDA

Falcore
April 23, 2008, 11:21 AM
It is just an old habit, but I still use a little Imperial wax on my pistol cases when sizing on carbide dies. Am I the only one?

If you enjoyed reading about "Am I the only one?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Roccobro
April 23, 2008, 11:39 AM
I'm sure your not the only one, and you probably have a good reason other than it being "just a habit".

I'm new to this so I'm looking at the quickest, easiest way to load rounds by the 1k. So the carbide dies will just have to work fine without me applying ISW to each individual case by hand. :o

Justin

Texastbird
April 23, 2008, 11:47 AM
I find it makes my 9mms much more pleasant to resize.

mike6161
April 23, 2008, 11:47 AM
I use rcbs carbide dies and I use some lee case lub on my 357/38s so I guess your not the only one.

ReloaderFred
April 23, 2008, 12:01 PM
I spray lube some pistol cases that go through carbide dies, just to make the sizing easier. Those would be 10mm, 357 Sig and .45 acp. I just tumble them in untreated corncob for about 20 minutes or so to take off the lube. It's much easier on my old arm that way.

Hope this helps.

Fred

rcmodel
April 23, 2008, 12:17 PM
Same here.
A light spritz of One-Shot on a bowl full of brass. then swirl them around until at least some of them have a little on them.

Even with carbide dies, a touch of lube on a few as 1 in 5 or 10 will make sizing go much easier & faster.

rcmodel

SASS#23149
April 23, 2008, 12:18 PM
I lube about every tenth case,give or take.I do them ahead of time,stand them by the press,and grab one 'as needed'.

WayneConrad
April 23, 2008, 12:46 PM
All carbide dies here for pistol, but a squirt of one-shot in the tub of brass makes the arm happy.

If you enjoyed reading about "Am I the only one?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!