What type of ammo is this?

PDA

bhhacker
April 24, 2008, 12:31 AM
I recently bought a mixed box of ammo from a mom and pop gunshop that had half .45 gold dot and half corbon rounds. Now the corbon rounds have a blue plastic tip on them, and i have pulled up information on it..I think its called Pow'r ball +P ammunition. Is there any other variation of ammo like that? I want to make sure what im putting down the pipe of my gun before shooting.

The specs look pretty impressive but im worried about shooting +p through my gun..anyone know if a STI Spartan can handle +P loads?

If you enjoyed reading about "What type of ammo is this?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
The Ruckus
April 24, 2008, 12:40 AM
I'm 99% sure it's Pow'r Ball, since I don't recall Corbon making Safety Slugs. I'm not too sure about the STI Spartan to be honest, but I'd assume as long as you don't feed it a constant diet of +P ammo it should be just fine.

GarySTL
April 24, 2008, 02:04 PM
My Power Ball rounds have white translucent tips.

Deer Hunter
April 24, 2008, 02:09 PM
Your STI should be fine with +P loads.

esq_stu
April 24, 2008, 02:14 PM
Cor-Bon bought Glazer a few years ago. Glazer Safety Slugs have the blue tips. IMO, they're a waste of money for SD. They're hollow and filled with tiny shot. Low weight, high velocity, and very low penetration.

If you enjoyed reading about "What type of ammo is this?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!