Berry's plated bullets

PDA

floydster
April 24, 2008, 04:26 PM
Question:
9mm 124 gr. RN
38 spl. 158 gr. FP
Should I use loading data for cast bullets or jacketed ?
Thanks so much for input.
Floydster

If you enjoyed reading about "Berry's plated bullets" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
putteral
April 24, 2008, 04:49 PM
Cast!!!!!!!!!

Walkalong
April 24, 2008, 05:05 PM
In between.

I routinely run plated at 85% to 90% of max jacketed data with no problems.

I run Ranier 115 RN bullets in the 9MM right at max jacketed all the time.

I shoot Berry and Extreme plated bullets at near max in the .38 without problems.

Lead data is being too cautious and jacketed data can get you in trouble sometimes.

ReloaderFred
April 24, 2008, 05:15 PM
+1 for Walkalong's advice. I shoot Berry's bullets by the thousands, and that's how I load them.

The exception is I shoot the Berry's 115 gr. RN at max in the 9mm.

Hope this helps.

Fred

rcmodel
April 24, 2008, 05:35 PM
If all else fails, read the directions!

FAQ from Berry website

Q. How do I load Berry's Preferred Plated Bullets?
A. Plated bullets occupy a position between cast bullets and jacketed bullets. They are soft lead, but have a hard outer shell on them. When loading plated bullets we have found best results using low- to mid-range jacketed data in the load manual. You must use data for a bullet that has the same weight and profile as the one you are loading. Do not exceed mid-range loads. Do not use magnum loads.

Here is the FAQ link:
http://www.berrysmfg.com/faq.php

Lots of good info there!

rcmodel

floydster
April 24, 2008, 05:54 PM
Thanks so very much guys for the info, very much appreciated, all my questions answered again1!
Floydster

GaCop
April 28, 2008, 11:43 AM
I just orderd some 110 gr carbine pills. it's recommended to keep carbine velocity around 1600 fps according to their web site.

If you enjoyed reading about "Berry's plated bullets" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!