Back orders on Midway shipments?

PDA

Grandpa Shooter
April 25, 2008, 01:03 AM
Can anyone explain how Midway can claim to be out of stock on something I ordered, have half of it and ship, and then two days later miraculously have the other half and ship that stuff? Looks to me like the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing, or they are splitting it to collect extra handling fees.

Also, how can they say stuff shipped on the 25th and send me an email on the 24th telling me that? Do they have a different calendar where the 25th comes before the 24th of the month?

Wierd if you ask me.:scrutiny:

If you enjoyed reading about "Back orders on Midway shipments?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
sublimaze41
April 25, 2008, 06:06 AM
Have you given them a call?? I really feel their customer service is good at addressing concerns. I still think their shipping is high, but that's another issue.

dmftoy1
April 25, 2008, 06:07 AM
When the stuff indicates "backordered" you can click on each individual item and see when it's expected in stock. (FWIW). I've found that placing backorders with them just isn't worth it.

Just my .02

Regards,
Dave

jlficken
April 25, 2008, 10:19 AM
If you got charged extra shipping on the backorderd items call them. That happened to me and they refunded my shipping charge on the second order as like you said it miraculously appeared.

jmorris
April 25, 2008, 10:25 AM
Iíve have a back order from February. They were supposed to have the item this week then it got pushed back until the end of May. Midways fault? No. They will ship it when they get it.

freakshow10mm
April 25, 2008, 10:49 AM
A lot of people are gearing up to reload. Midway claims record sales. In the business I've had with them, Dillon, Grafs, and others that seems to be true. I've certainly sold a bunch of stuff this year.

Grafs used to order from Dillon every other week or so. Now they have to order every week to keep up with demand. They are having trouble keeping up with sales.

Uncle Chan
April 25, 2008, 11:10 AM
I ordered $75.00 worth of stuff from Midway a few weeks back. One small item was backordered. With the inclusion of the backorder, the total was $100.00, $25.00 of which was shipping.

I feel your pain.

U.C.

freakshow10mm
April 25, 2008, 01:16 PM
Their shipping charges are a bane to most customers. They get discounts due to volume, but do not pass that on to customers. They refuse to use flat rate boxes often saying their system is setup for bulk shipping and they are looking into the use of flat rate boxes in the future. Problem is they've been feeding me that BS for over 5 years. I very rarely order from them simply because of this.

jfh
April 25, 2008, 02:56 PM
According to my LGS / local reloading supplier, it isn't Midway--it really is the manufacturers.

So, maybe this current issue of "backorders" really is the perfect storm confluence--from high commodity prices to war-driven shortages down to cautious manufacturing and buyer's FUD in an election year.

Nonetheless, I have largely quit buying from Midway because of their shipping rates and trying to put together an order "all at once" to avoid secondary shipping costs.

Then, there's that factor of their new shipping facility, which I saw the other night in a commercial on The Outdoor Channel, or wherever--Larry Potterfield was really, really proud of his new facility, and having fun being The Shipping Clerk Of The Day.

I don't fault him for that, but they gotta pay for that place somehow.

Jim H.

John4me05
April 25, 2008, 06:25 PM
The email means its packaged and going out the door the next day on the truck

FLORIDA KEVIN
April 25, 2008, 09:42 PM
I have had nothing but good results from Midway on the orders i have placed with them ! I think backorders are a result of whats known as "just in time " ordering ! they dont have to have extra millions of dollars tied up in inventory ! they set a min and a max number for items based on their usage and re- suply times ! Stuff comes in the back door and goes out the front door and you arent forced to warehouse large quantities of product ! Kevin

DKA
April 25, 2008, 09:50 PM
My experience has been good with Midway, but the shipping charges are extremely high compared to other companies. Just received an order from Graf and Sons today, they ship fast and pay shipping, only $4.50.

kennedy
April 25, 2008, 10:18 PM
I orders 5 items from midway, 4 were in stock and shipping was $12, the fifth one is on back order and shipping is $6, i feel like they are screwing me on the shipping of the back order item. I e-mailed them but they did not offer any relief. I am going to try to not do buisness with them unless they are the only deal avalable.

paperpuncher49
April 26, 2008, 08:26 AM
In my experience, Midway's shipping charges are high. However, if you need a single, small item such as a shell holder or a couple of trimmer pilots, Midway will ship using priority mail, which is a whole lot cheaper than UPS, seems to be faster than UPS, doesn't get misrouted like UPS, typically the packaging doesn't get damaged like UPS has been known to do. I usually order from Midsouth, but if the "conditions" are as stated above, Midway is less expensive when all is said and done.

If you enjoyed reading about "Back orders on Midway shipments?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!