Differences between Browning A-Bolt & A-Bolt II?

PDA

BusMaster007
August 15, 2003, 01:57 PM
I contacted Bell&Carlson about getting a riflestock for my upcoming project next spring involving a Browning A-Bolt II / BOSS in .375 H&H.

They said they make the stock for the A-Bolt, not the A-Bolt II...:confused:

Can someone clarify the differences between these and whether the action would be interchangeable within a stock?
Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Differences between Browning A-Bolt & A-Bolt II?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Poodleshooter
August 15, 2003, 03:17 PM
A-Bolt II has an adjustable trigger with chrome plated sear, and a different anti-bind bolt design than the original A-bolt. Unfortunately, I don't know if the stocks are interchangeable. Have you asked Browning?

Edit: Well, you made me curious! I checked the Browning parts list, and I noticed that the stock numbers for Abolts and Abolt II's are the same part number. I'd still look into it more deeply however.

Omaha-BeenGlockin
August 15, 2003, 04:06 PM
Looking in the Cabels'a catalog in the replacement stocks section----they make no distinction between A-Bolt and A-Bolt II.

The metal work on the A-Bolt II seems a bit nicer than the older ones-----but I really hate the palm swell stocks and wish they would have left well enough alone there.

BusMaster007
August 17, 2003, 08:24 PM
I wrote to Browning direct because they don't have a 'tech line' online.
Basically, I asked them if I could order different parts or the rifle with special options.
What I'm after is a Stalker in .375 H&H w/BOSS, if I can get it or they'll make it!
I may end up with the Stainless Stalker, who knows?
Or, the Medallion in nice wood with the mystery B&C stock.
It all depends on how the Browning Customer Service/Custom Shop decides to answer my questions.
In any case, I'll have a Hot Rod A-Bolt in .375. :D

If you enjoyed reading about "Differences between Browning A-Bolt & A-Bolt II?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!