April 26, 2008, 03:50 PM
It doesnt seem to want to caliberate...

Press the cal/Zero to set 0
Press again till it shows Cal 20
Place weight on scale
Press Cal and release immediately
Thorws ERROR

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

If you enjoyed reading about "Need help with my Lyman 1200" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Jacka L Ope
April 26, 2008, 07:06 PM
Unit new/old? Previously worked fine? Though not required, is the unit warmed up? Been banged around/dropped? Called Lyman Customer Service Department @ 800-225-9626 for support? Worse comes to worst, they will repair or replace without charge.

steve4102
April 26, 2008, 11:56 PM
The first thing you need to do is check out the area around the scale platform. Make sure you do not have any big chunks of extruded(rat-turd) powder stuck between the platform and the plastic housing. I have had this happen more than once. Make sure it is free of rat turds.

The next thing is to remove the power supply from the unit. Unplug it from the outlet and let it sit for several minutes. Plug it back in and try again.

Afy
April 27, 2008, 04:11 AM
tried everything. The unit is less than 3 weeks old :(

Ah well time to call the distributor here in France. :( Lets see... most likely will have to buy a new one.

They are currently retailing here for about 360 Euros... :cuss::banghead:

If you enjoyed reading about "Need help with my Lyman 1200" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!