How does one get trial transcripts?

PDA

Kentak
April 27, 2008, 11:43 AM
I'd be interested in reading the Shawn Bell trial transcript myself. Anyone know how to go about getting one?

Added: Oops! Never mind. I see where it runs 5400 pages. Duh!

K

If you enjoyed reading about "How does one get trial transcripts?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
TAB
April 27, 2008, 11:47 AM
I'd start with a trip to the court house. They are the ones that will have it or can tell you where to get.

Don't be to surprized if they make you jump thru a couple hoops and charge you for it.

Kentak
April 27, 2008, 11:48 AM
Sorry, I should have put this in "Legal."

kingpin008
April 27, 2008, 12:41 PM
Kentak - My fiancee is a court reporter and transcriptionist here in MD, and TAB had it right - if you contact the courthouse in the jurisdiction where the case was tried, they'll be able to help you out.

Be warned though, the price will get high quick. Here in MD, the going rate is somewhere around $3 per page. Obviously prices are not the same everywhere, but I just wanted to give you an idea.

Kentak
April 27, 2008, 07:04 PM
I hope they take credit cards.

$3.00 x 5400 pages = $16,200.

I think I changed my mind.

K

Tob
April 27, 2008, 08:12 PM
Visit some of the crime forums out there on the net. Some MAY provide transcripts for free; depending on the case (some forums pay more attention to some cases and not others), and the giving nature of the particular forum.

ServiceSoon
April 28, 2008, 07:27 PM
Ask for it on a CD.

If you enjoyed reading about "How does one get trial transcripts?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!