MP3 and Transcript of Supreme Court DC v. Heller Oral Argument

PDA

Joey_the_Wolf
April 27, 2008, 01:20 PM
Sorry if this has been posted before, but I just came across this and I thought many of you would find this interesting. Check it out, it's a long read, but worth it IMO.

http://www.oyez.org/cases/2000-2009/2007/2007_07_290/argument/

If you enjoyed reading about "MP3 and Transcript of Supreme Court DC v. Heller Oral Argument" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
markk
April 27, 2008, 02:48 PM
Excellent link, thanks.

ARTiger
April 27, 2008, 05:07 PM
I just listened to the entire 1 hour and 37 minutes of these oral arguments. I would recommend that others do the same. It's a rare window into a basic tenet of our freedoms that's rarely viewed by the public.

My take . . . in connotation that "for" means supporting the vew we have that the DC ban is unconstitutional . . .

Roberts - Passionately for
Scalia - Passionately for
Kennedy - For
Alito - For
Ginsberg: Passionately against
Souter - Against
Stevens: Against
Breyer: Passionately against

That leaves the "silent justice"* Clarence Thomas being the decider. I think (hope) he will sway in our direction. [ * Justice Thomas does not ask questions in oral arguments as a matter of personal policy.]

If you ever hated the Clinton's, just listen to Ginsburg and Breyer. I am embarassed as an American to have these two pieces of dung sitting on our highest court. Souter on the other hand is becoming more and more a glaring failure in presidential judgment in his nomination.

If you enjoyed reading about "MP3 and Transcript of Supreme Court DC v. Heller Oral Argument" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!