Brass Size Questions

PDA

Master of Arms
April 27, 2008, 08:36 PM
I`ve read a few different opinions on the amount of times a brass shell casing can be used and they vary from twice- 5 or six times. Also I would like to know where I can find detailed measurements for various brass{with pic} I`ve added an example photo below. I have a few but I`d like to find more if possible.

If you enjoyed reading about "Brass Size Questions" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Ol` Joe
April 27, 2008, 08:46 PM
Cartridge drawings can be found in your load manual.
The amount of times a case can be loaded depends on the amount you "work" your brass. Necks/mouths are normally the 1st place splits and cracks appear and cases should be tossed when these show. Cases should make 6 loading without a hitch, most will do more.

mrawesome22-250
April 27, 2008, 11:13 PM
I've got Lee Collet neck sized 22-250Rem cases that are on their 19th load:what:

lgbloader
April 28, 2008, 03:01 AM
True Mr. Awesome...

I have found that this can also depend on how hot you charge your cartridge as well. I have some 38 spcl cases that I charge with 2.8 of Bullseye behind 158 gr lead swc that have 19 loads through them and I just tumbled them yesterday (Saturday) for another pass. this will be the 20th time I load that brass (Winchester purchased as new brass only) so I more than got my money out of them since I still have have aproximately 270 out of the original 300. On the other hand, I have some 44 mag brass that I could only get 4 - 6 loads out of before I felt the brass was kinda iffy.

Have a good one.

Walkalong
April 28, 2008, 07:55 AM
Here are a few at Handloads.com. (http://www.handloads.com/articles/cartridge.htm)

Several things dictate brass life.

Master of Arms
April 28, 2008, 02:47 PM
Walkalong, That`s exactly what I`m looking for but it`s a few calibers short. I need the deminsions of a 7mm magnum to finish my little project.

Master of Arms
April 28, 2008, 02:52 PM
http://stevespages.com/page8d.htm

This is an awsome sight for this information. Hundreds if not more of the demensions for just about everything.

Thanks for all the info guys.

If you enjoyed reading about "Brass Size Questions" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!