Where can I find recipes for Remington bullets?

PDA

btefft
April 27, 2008, 10:35 PM
Where can I find recipes for Remington bullets?

I use Hornady bullets, Sierra bullets, and Nosler bullets - each has a loading manual for their bullets.

But I can't find a manual for Remington bullets. I don't feel comfortable using another bullet's recipe, just because it looks like the Remington I'm wanting to reload.

If you enjoyed reading about "Where can I find recipes for Remington bullets?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Racktracker
April 27, 2008, 11:11 PM
I shoot a lot of remmy bullets (can't beat the price). I use data for bullets with a similar profile to the one I'll be using. Start out with the starting loads and work up. Watch for pressure signs. A chronny will really be helpful as well.

mrwilson
April 28, 2008, 04:23 PM
Me too. Especially for the 102 gr JHP Golden Saber.

Art Eatman
April 28, 2008, 09:42 PM
I never worried about brand of bullet, insofar as loads. I browse the data for the particular weight, compare powder performances for the different brands, and then start at less than max.

The only bullet that ever really was troublesome was the Winchester Fail Safe, and I later read that the jackets are harder than "normal" bullets. As near as I can tell, bullets like Sierra, Hornady and Remington are all about the same for jacket hardness. For a given load, they all shoot pretty much the same.

rg1
April 28, 2008, 09:58 PM
The older IMR Handloaders Guides (no longer available, now listed in Hodgdons web site but not the same as before) listed data for many Remington bullets for pistol, rifle, and shotgun data also. However as expected they only give data using IMR powders. Here's the last true IMR Handloaders Guide that I know of:
http://www.imrpowder.com/pdf_reload.html
It's useful info and you can compare their data with data you have. They do use many other bullets other than RP also. It's downloadable in PDF form and printable. Rifle,pistol and shotgun are downloadable separately. Rifle and pistol are about 11 pages. Good source of free info. Note that they recommend reducing data by 10% and working up. The loads listed are not starting loads. SORRY, no Golden Saber data at all listed.

If you enjoyed reading about "Where can I find recipes for Remington bullets?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!