Pistol Permit Renewal Day

PDA

romma
April 28, 2008, 03:42 PM
Okay, so today was exactly like the title above. In Ct, the move the renewal offices around the State on different days at different Police barracks..

So today was the barracks closest to me. Anyhow, they open officially at 8:30 but it was raining out, and people were waiting in their cars and when the State official shwed up it was 8:15 and he started letting people in early which was nice of him. Poor guy had a donut and couldn't eat it. I was the fifth one to get processed and by the time I was getting done, there were 30 people backed up practically out the door.

Out of curiosity I asked if it typically stayed busy all day, and was told that it usually did stay busy all day. But more people did crush in first thing in the morning.

All in all it went okay, at least we don't have to drive all the way to the main bldg anymore in Meridan,CT...

Oh, one change now is that even if you already have a permit and are just renewing, you still have to prove you are a citizen... One guy did not have his birth certificate, passport, or voter registration and had to leave and go go get it...

If you enjoyed reading about "Pistol Permit Renewal Day" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
If you enjoyed reading about "Pistol Permit Renewal Day" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!