I've done my part in converting this (ex) anti

PDA

igpoobah
April 29, 2008, 12:33 AM
I'm in shock. In a particular motorcycle forum that I frequent, this person and I (including some others on my side) have had CRAZY arguments regarding firearms. I was AWE-STRUCK to see this posted today.
:D:D:D:what::D:D:D

I have argued AGAINST guns earlier, but after a lot of discussion with multiple people as well as research - I am reformed, thanks in no short measure to the arguments of some (notably slug). I can probably enunciate my thoughts in greater detail sometime later but in the meantime, here is a view from another country which I found to be quite interesting - and something the controllers here would be loathe to accept.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/from_our_own_correspondent/7359513.stm

If you enjoyed reading about "I've done my part in converting this (ex) anti" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Bazooka Joe71
April 29, 2008, 12:38 AM
Nice.;)

Kitchen_Duty
April 29, 2008, 12:39 AM
no way people can listen to reason, where did this man come from because it surely wasn't from here!:evil: come to the darkside! It's more fun over here

CNYCacher
April 29, 2008, 12:42 AM
Well done.

On to the next one.

igpoobah
April 29, 2008, 12:50 AM
I post this to encourage the rest of you to fight the good PR fight; even against the most vehement anti's.

I would have bet a year's salary that this guy would never have come around. He was a genuine 'foaming at the mouth' anti and I always felt like I was wasting my breath.

But alas, I was not.

Bazooka Joe71
April 29, 2008, 12:53 AM
While I have never converted an anti, I have converted many fence sitters.

So I guess the next question is this:

How many fence sitters equal an anti?

:p

igpoobah
April 29, 2008, 12:54 AM
I'm going to say about 3 fence sitters equals an anti.:cool:

Bazooka Joe71
April 29, 2008, 01:54 AM
I'm going to say about 3 fence sitters equals an anti.

I want to say that sounds about right, but I think I'd rather have 3 extra fence sitters on our side than 1 anti...Strength in numbers.:)

If you enjoyed reading about "I've done my part in converting this (ex) anti" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!