What a sellout!!!

PDA

dcloudy777@aol.com
April 29, 2008, 01:17 PM
I'm not sure if this belongs in Activism or here, but I wanted to get the word out about Rick Uselton. This is the article...

http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/news.php?viewStory=59815

I especially love Rick's comments...

“Not only is there no background check on the person purchasing the gun, there’s no record on the gun itself,” Rivergate Guns and Knives owner Rick Uselton said. “So the gun could be stolen and the person buying it back would never know.”

Not a Second Amendment issue

With one gun shop in Madison, another on the way in Franklin and his own custom gun manufacturing business, Uselton says he’s proudly “150 percent behind the Second Amendment.”

Uselton is especially fond of the phrasing at the end of the amendment, “the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.”

If the National Rifle Association was looking for a Nashville-area spokesman, Uselton would make perfect sense. Besides his gun shops and manufacturing business, he’s also a deputy sheriff in Sumner County.

But there’s one issue where Uselton breaks the party line and that’s on the topic of perceived lackadaisical laws surrounding sales at gun shows.

“In this era, the idea that there are places criminals can go and buy guns with no accountability, it doesn’t do my business any good and it doesn’t do law-abiding gun dealers any good,” Uselton said, referring to the loophole.

I expect this crap from politicians, but form someone in the industry? I thought we were done with traitors when Bill Ruger passed... :fire:

Uselton needs to hear from folks... especially local folks.

DanO

If you enjoyed reading about "What a sellout!!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Rokyudai
April 29, 2008, 01:22 PM
Booger hook off the bang switch first snuffy.... (see article pic)
:neener:

PCFlorida
April 29, 2008, 01:29 PM
Not too hard to see why a Gun store owner would want the ability of a FTF transaction removed, would drive more business to him.

ETA - And talk about lousy trigger control. You would think a gun shop owner would at least know that.

lawson4
April 29, 2008, 01:30 PM
^^^^
Beat me to it.
By buying FTF, with no background checks, you bypass the FFL. Uselton has an FFL. You are cutting into his business and he doesn't like it one bit.

lawson4

Nagant
April 29, 2008, 01:31 PM
The guy is a self-important doo-doo head. Both his gun politics and his gun-handling are wrong. He's holding that rifle like an ignorant wussy...:barf:

dcloudy777@aol.com
April 29, 2008, 01:34 PM
But I'm an FFL...not too far from this guy... and I value liberty more than I do my business.

DanO

MakAttak
April 29, 2008, 01:37 PM
Rivergate Guns & Knives
(615) 865-0006
1236 Northgate Business Pky
Madison, TN 37115

useltonarmsinc.com

useltonarms@hotmail.com

Here is the means to contact Mr. Uselton. Perhaps people should express their dissatisfaction?

I think a boycott of his store would be extremely appropriate. Unfortunatley, I don't live anywhere near there, so someone else will have to organize such an action.

Rokyudai
April 29, 2008, 01:45 PM
True points for sure. I mean, this guy is miffed because he has a business that he believes has competition from private sales. Well surprise surprise, some people do not want to pay jacked up prices for items or deal with the jokers whose core traits scream "I could care less that you don't think it's a good price, move on." You don't see department stores crashing down on folks who have yard sales for fear of competition... what a crock. People that you treat with respect and humility will come back to your store more likely if they perceive they are getting a deal. He obviously seems like he is the head stool sitter.

(sarcasm on) I guess the only way to close the loophole (which does not exist to begin with but anyway) is for every gun owner to purchase a FFL as well, forget gun shows and gun stores altogether, and hold 'invite only' FFL swap meets instead. Oh, and of course the powers that be would love all that extra revenue in federal license fees. Yeah, that's the ticket. (sarcasm off)

Harley Quinn
April 29, 2008, 01:47 PM
The law is the law and if I am not mistaken many laws are Federal.

It goes like this, Constitution, Federal (we seem to like) but there are laws regarding sales of weapons that are also State, city, county, etc.. No one should be able to buy a gun without some sort of check IMHO...

Just because you go to an alley and buy the gun and have it does not make it right, many of the gunshows are side stepping the law.

Unfortunate but it is a country based on law, many of them now. Get used to it and accept the idea that to buy a gun or posses one you come under the scrutiny of some laws.

If you are a criminal you really should not be able to get one very easy. IMHO and the guys who are selling them (breaking the law) are also very much in the wrong.

I know, having worked in the criminal justice system for much of my career, that an illegal firearm can turn a basketball game into a murder or a card game into a murder,” Dean said. “We need to do all that we can to keep guns out of the hands of juveniles and felons

:uhoh:

hksw
April 29, 2008, 01:49 PM
“In this era, the idea that there are places people can go and buy guns without me making a profit, it doesn’t do my business any good and it doesn’t do law-abiding gun dealers any good,” Uselton said, referring to the loophole.

There, fixed it.

Eightball
April 29, 2008, 01:52 PM
“In this era, the idea that there are places criminals can go and buy guns with no accountability, it doesn’t do my business any good and it doesn’t do law-abiding gun dealers any good,” Uselton said, referring to the "loophole".This guy is motivated by self-greed and has no thought about what he would do for the sake of his profit would do to the rest of us law-abiding firearms over. He's also an idiot if he has bitten into the leftist drivel that calls the gun-show purchasing a "loophole"--it's legal, and that's all there is to it. If he can't see that, there's no way he should be a spokesman for the 2nd A.

Next thing you know, he'll be saying "I won't sell AR15s, because no one who hunts needs one", just like another recently-infamous character.

mp510
April 29, 2008, 01:54 PM
Requiring gun show background checks does not require an FFL intermediary, and would not necesarily result in him making a profit. In Connecticut, we have to do background checks on all (longgun and handgun) private sales at gunshows (and all private pistol sales), and the private seller is the one who calls it in.

Rokyudai
April 29, 2008, 02:15 PM
[/QUOTE]Requiring gun show background checks does not require an FFL intermediary, and would not necesarily result in him making a profit. In Connecticut, we have to do background checks on all (longgun and handgun) private sales at gunshows (and all private pistol sales), and the private seller is the one who calls it in.[/QUOTE]

So, let me again learn something:

I live in Conn, I go to a gun show (not a table renter) looking to sell my gun (as you said either long or short). Someone approaches me, inquires, and finds he/she is interested. You, as a regular joe have to call for a background check?

BullfrogKen
April 29, 2008, 02:20 PM
This needs a little more substance to be considered Activism, it's certainly not Legal.

If you enjoyed reading about "What a sellout!!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!