Taurus Scope Bases

PDA

garthken
April 29, 2008, 02:34 PM
I own a Taurus Model 608 w/8+" barrel. I want to mount a red dot scope (very short in length) to it, and the only scope base recommended by Taurus for the 8" barrel is rather long. The base would extend quite a ways down the barrel beyond the scope and look rather dumb. I inquired from Taurus if I could simply use the shorter base they make for the same model only in a 6" barrel. The lady in customer service said "no" they were different parts. DAH!! I knew they were different parts. I simply wanted to know if I could mount the 6" base on the 8" barrel. They said "no." But, I don't understand. The only difference between the Model 608 in 8" and 6" is the barrel length. The frame, etc. is exactly the same. Is there any reason I cannot use the shorter base on my longer barrel (8") revolver?????

If you enjoyed reading about "Taurus Scope Bases" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
If you enjoyed reading about "Taurus Scope Bases" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!