Anyone mount a 56mm scope on a Ruger?

PDA

joel1316
April 29, 2008, 04:38 PM
I have an M77 Ruger rifle (w/heavy barrel contour) that I want to mount one of Millet's 30mm tubed, 56mm objective scope. I know its a huge scope and the optics aren't the greatest, but the price looks good for my intended purposes... Plus Uncle Bush is going to be paying for the scope via rebates :D
Before ordering the scope, I want to make sure I can get rings that will clear that 56mm objective. The highest Ruger rings I can find is from Leupold which are "Super High". Midways says the rings measure: 630" (measured from base of ring to bottom of scope tube). Midway's ring height chart says that for a 30mm tubed / 56mm objective scope, "you will generally need rings at least = .300 inches high from the top of the base to the bottom of the scope tube". If I understand correctly, I should have no problems clearing that 56mm objective using the Super High rings?

Anyone have any personal feedback regarding mounting a "spotting scope" on a Ruger rifle? LOL

If you enjoyed reading about "Anyone mount a 56mm scope on a Ruger?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
If you enjoyed reading about "Anyone mount a 56mm scope on a Ruger?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!