1851 Colt Navy .44 replacement parts

PDA

wacarney29
April 29, 2008, 06:06 PM
Hello I just bought an 1851 colt navy .44 and would like to know where I can get parts for it and also I want to know if they make replacement barrels for cap and ball revlovers........... thanx for any advise.

If you enjoyed reading about "1851 Colt Navy .44 replacement parts" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Tommygunn
April 29, 2008, 08:29 PM
You can try vtigunparts.com
It will help if you know who made it, like Pietta, Uberti, Armi San Marco, or another.
Also, Dixi Gun works will have some parts. I have seen barrels there, but I don't know about fitting.

scrat
April 29, 2008, 09:26 PM
+1 on VTI

Misfire99
April 30, 2008, 12:23 AM
vti has a good rep but so does Taylor's and Co. I have used Taylor's for parts for my 1851 and they worked just fine.
http://www.taylorsfirearms.com

scrat
April 30, 2008, 12:28 AM
then it also depends on what gun you have. like cimaron sells parts on there site. i think dixie gun works sell parts too

PeashooterJoe
April 30, 2008, 09:56 AM
I'd try to avoid Dixie unless you have no choice. The last couple of times, got parts that didn't fit anything I owned (Uberti, Pietta, Euroarms. ASM). Too much of a hassle and expense to send back. VTI seems the best for Uberti and Pietta, if ASM try Deer Creek, lots of parts.

Gaucho Gringo
April 30, 2008, 06:19 PM
Cabela's sells some parts. They have a repair kit that includes a replacement hammer, trigger, main spring, hand with hand spring, cylinder stop and trigger/stop spring for $24.99, the individual parts sell for double this if you were to buy them separately. Also sell cylinders for $39.99.

If you enjoyed reading about "1851 Colt Navy .44 replacement parts" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!