Hornady LnL AP

PDA

Iron Sight
April 30, 2008, 01:47 PM
I will be constructing a bench for one of these. Can this press be comfortably operated from a sitting in a chair or should it be set up to operate from a standing position?

Thank you

If you enjoyed reading about "Hornady LnL AP" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Shoney
April 30, 2008, 02:05 PM
It is more of a personal preference. I have done it both ways by C-clamping it to a desk and to a workbench, while my residence was in transition.

If you have become confortable on another press (sitting or standing), you will probably be comfortable doing the same with the LNL. Try each before you decide.

I have mine bolted to an old steel office desk, and use one of the back support seats (knee rest with angled seat).

Roccobro
April 30, 2008, 02:08 PM
I just mounted mine to a 2x8 piece of wood and C clamp it to the only existing bench I had available. Upon setup, it is the perfect height to get good leverage and visibility inside the cases while standing up. I'm 5-10" and the press mounts at 3-4". It is plenty high to get a regular stool in there and still have visibility and leverage.

Justin

robctwo
April 30, 2008, 06:44 PM
Mine's bolted to a work bench and I use an adjustable shop stool with rollers for the seat.

scott5
May 1, 2008, 12:11 AM
As Robctwo said, but my rolling chair has a fixed seat.
My loading bench is 27 1/2" high and my chair seat is 18 1/2".

I always sit while reloading.

I hope this helps.

Iron Sight
May 1, 2008, 12:17 AM
I am just kind of wondering if its a lot more work to pull a progressive than a single stage press??

Bowfishrp
May 1, 2008, 07:54 AM
Maybe a little, because it is doing more operations but I really do not notice the difference between my single stage and my LNL AP.

pinkymingeo
May 1, 2008, 09:05 AM
Yes, you have to pull much harder. It takes some getting used to. The LnL has tremendous leverage, but when there are four or five operations happening simultaneously, some force is required. It's much more noticeable with larger cases. Add an FCD, and even more pressure is required.

If you enjoyed reading about "Hornady LnL AP" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!