Swaged SR primer pocket diam?

PDA

Roccobro
April 30, 2008, 02:23 PM
Hey guys. I just bought a used Dillon Swager 600 to process the thousands of mil crimp .223 brass I have. I'm only processing .223 on it. My problem is it seems to have been out of adjustment for shipping, and the instructions online are kind of lacking in exact specs. I'm looking for the ideal-for-reloading primer hole (post swage) diameter to reference.

Watching videos of the SS600 in use shows very little effort involved. Mine takes as much pressure as my press trying to FL size a piece of .223 brass with light lube- pretty stiff! I think I might have it adjusted wrong or I'm just weak. Either way my primer pockets are coming out at .1725"-.173" and if that is good, I'll just man up. :o

And yes, the SS600 was tried dirty/lubed as bought, clean/dry, and clean/lubed with light grease. I just might use this as an excuse to NOT hit the gym some days I reload. :D

Thanks!

Justin

If you enjoyed reading about "Swaged SR primer pocket diam?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rcmodel
April 30, 2008, 03:38 PM
Swaging pockets should not change the actual pocket diameter.

All you want to do is swage out the old crimp ring to the point new primers can be seated without damage.

I would adjust it to do that, and not be concerned about what the primer pocket measures.

rcmodel

If you enjoyed reading about "Swaged SR primer pocket diam?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!