Have you ever had a gun dream?

PDA

MikePGS
April 30, 2008, 04:12 PM
I did last night, and I lay the blame entirely at the hands of the people in the revolver forum :D In my dream I had two guns, a S&W 642, and a Ruger SP101 (3 inch barrel), custom painted so the frame was red and the cylinder was black. I was investigating something in my garage and the SP101 was quite comforting, though it turned out that there was nothing to worry about. Do i even want to know what this means from a psychological perspective? Also, does anyone know of a good place to get a custom paint job on a SP101?:neener:

If you enjoyed reading about "Have you ever had a gun dream?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Dksimon
April 30, 2008, 04:14 PM
dream about guns all the time. they may not be the main part of my dream but I often have one with me.

Sometimes I am fighting off a hoard of would be home invaders with an AR. I dont know what it means psychologically but it make me want an AR more!

Haha, I also had a dream that I was trying to shoot someone that was attacking me and the trigger was soo stif that I had to use both hands to pull it. coincidentally it was a SW sigma.

doc2rn
April 30, 2008, 04:16 PM
You must have been dreaming about that abomination from Gunbroker again! Dont do that to yourself. Not sure if the guy who made that ugly S&W is still in business I think Rudy boy went after him for making them look like toys.

brighamr
April 30, 2008, 04:19 PM
I have recurring dreams where I'm in a situation where a gun is needed, and I can't find one... hate those.

MikePGS
April 30, 2008, 04:20 PM
You must have been dreaming about that abomination from Gunbroker again!
DOH! That's exactly what it looked like, now that I think about it!

That being said, I liked the gun quite a bit in the dream, and felt comfortable knowing I had it. On the other hand, it was a bit big for a SP101. The SP101 doesn't quite fill my hand, but this one fit more like a GP100.

MDG1976
April 30, 2008, 04:21 PM
I have recurring dreams where I'm in a situation where a gun is needed, and I can't find one... hate those.

Me too! Usually I end up scrambling around the house looking for one.

btg3
April 30, 2008, 04:23 PM
Mine were connected to a TV series I used to watch. I realized the connection, quit watching, and the dreams were gone. Amazing what we subject ourselves to under the guise of "entertainment".

Aaryq
April 30, 2008, 04:27 PM
I just had one last night. I had this dream where I was home on leave with my friends and it was like a "Red Dawn" type scenario but instead of commies it was Iranians and assorted Jihadists. I was excited because I found an M4...but then it kept jamming :mad:

When I was a kid I had this re-occuring dream for 3 nights in a row that my best friend and I were in a factory having a shootout. He had an Ithaca Stakeout 12 Gauge and I had an 870.

rockinrussky
April 30, 2008, 04:31 PM
I got a Springfield XD I carry w/out a round in the chamber for the time being. There was a dream recently that I needed it for self defense but for the life of me I could not chamber the round. I woke up and racked the slide a dozen times just to make sure.

brighamr
April 30, 2008, 04:32 PM
MDG - mine are usually in the house too... weird. The one I can't stand is where someone's breaking my front door down and for some reason all my guns are not in their normal places (thanks a bunch Brink's commercials).

Flame Red
April 30, 2008, 04:35 PM
of Nancy Pellosi, Barbara Boxer, Hillarity and Obomination having the goons knock down my door to come and get'em out of my cold dead hands!

(While Teddy Kennedy sat on the curb drinking out of his flask).

shdwfx
April 30, 2008, 04:38 PM
I have a dream that my little children will one day live in a nation where their rights to keep and bear arms will not be infringed by federal, state, and local laws.

I have a dream today.

Oh. That kind of dream.

romma
April 30, 2008, 04:51 PM
Often enough. I think it would almost unbelievable to be apart of this culture the way I am, and not have them.

Lately I keep having recurring dreams of being in a car accident though. A bad one too! Sometimes even awake, I have the same flashes in my mind...

Calibre44
April 30, 2008, 05:17 PM
I’ve had lots of dreams where I desperately need a gun, then find one but all the ammo is the wrong size and won’t fit, or I finally find the right ammo but when I pull the trigger, the bullet just pops out and falls harmlessly to the ground – hopeless!

I think these types of dreams are similar to the ones where you try and run away from a threat and your legs feel like jelly. It’s probably to do with feeling anxious about something in real life – which for me, of course, is most likely due to the fact that I can’t own a real handgun anymore!:mad:

I also had a dream once where I dreamt I was eating a big Marshmallow – when I woke up the pillow had gone!

Treo
April 30, 2008, 05:19 PM
I'm not sure if you would call them "gun dreams " but I go through spurts where I wake up in the middle of the night yelling "incoming".

And I pushed my wife out of bed on night, came down on top of her and (according to her) said something about someone shooting an M-60 at us.

does that qualify?

btg3
April 30, 2008, 05:44 PM
That might qualify as one reason NOT to sleep with a gun in the bed.

TurboJeff
April 30, 2008, 05:49 PM
I also have alot of dreams involving guns. Often, it ends up with me trying to pull the trigger, but the trigger won't budge, like it's frozen stiff or some.

CmpsdNoMore
April 30, 2008, 05:50 PM
I had a dream the other night I had to shoot someone that was either breaking in or going to harm one of my friends.

It was one of those kind you wake up right after and can never forget.
I had decent shot placement, though.

Thernlund
April 30, 2008, 05:55 PM
Any dreams I ever had that involved guns of any kind were violent and not pleasant at all. I did not enjoy them. They were nightmares, really. Maybe a handful throughout my adult life (about 20 years).

However, those were dreams with guns IN THEM. Not dreams about guns themselves. I can't remember ever having one of those.

-T.

Wopasaurus
April 30, 2008, 06:01 PM
I've had a couple where zombie outbreaks happened, and I could find ammo but not my ak, and sometimes vice versa.

Thernlund
April 30, 2008, 06:05 PM
I'm not sure if you would call them "gun dreams " but I go through spurts where I wake up in the middle of the night yelling "incoming".

And I pushed my wife out of bed on night, came down on top of her and (according to her) said something about someone shooting an M-60 at us.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry. :uhoh:

-T.

Ninja.of.Love
April 30, 2008, 06:19 PM
One time I dreamed that I was riding a moose underwater with a harpoon, hunting seals. :what: I'm never going back to Sea World.

BruceRDucer
April 30, 2008, 06:22 PM
Sure do dream of guns. Either the VC are ambushing me, or I'm set up over an M-60 Ambushing them.

csmkersh
April 30, 2008, 06:25 PM
Don't remember what we were supposed to be doing, but last night's dream I had a stick fed Thompson and a 1911 in a shoulder rig.

rero360
April 30, 2008, 06:36 PM
my most recent one was I was assulted by this big guy out on the street, I went to grab my 1911 and found just an empty holster, so I broke free from the guy and ran away towards my house, the guy chased after me. I got inside and found the pistol on the floor, as I grabbed it and brought it to bear the guy stuck his head inside, I tried pulling the trigger but couldn't, he saw the pistol pointed at him and ducked back, this happened like three times, him poking his head in and me trying to take a shot but unable to pull the trigger until I finally used both hands and popped his melon. and which point I stood up, walked over to his corpse and kicked it and started yelling profanities at him.

weird. I actually do have gun dreams on a regular basis, but most are fun, i.e. blasting zombie hordes from a rooftop or something like that.

Treo
April 30, 2008, 07:02 PM
QUOTE: " I don't know whether to laugh or cry."

Does that mean you dont want to hear about the times my wife has had to throw herself on top of me to keep my from getting to my gun in my sleep?

edrice
April 30, 2008, 07:04 PM
I occasionally have one of two recurring dreams where in one, I'm in what I think is a gunstore, but it's endless rooms connected by hallways that are mostly OD-green, musty-smelling, surplusy-looking stuff on wooden tables. I occasionally pick up some ammo that looks rather unfamiliar, or sometimes it's just spent rifle shells. Seems I look over lots of boxes of stuff but can never find anything that I'm looking for. I'm not even sure what I'm looking for. Occasionally there are plastic airplane models or railroad cars on shelves in the room.

In the other dream, I'm at a firing range, and sometimes it's a short firing range, kind of like a tarp covered structure on three sides and open on one side, like a carnival shooting gallery, but without the carnival. It those dreams, it always seems as if the ammo is less powerful than a BB and just lodges in the dirt in front of a target. It's always darkish and musty and OD-colored as well.

In another version of the firing range dream, it's a huge open field with mountains in the distance and blue skies and I'm always waiting for the range to open up, or else, I'm just getting set up shoot just as they're closing.

Ed

Thernlund
April 30, 2008, 07:07 PM
Does that mean you dont want to hear about the times my wife has had to throw herself on top of me to keep my from getting to my gun in my sleep?

Uhhh... no. :scrutiny:

-T.

edrice
April 30, 2008, 07:13 PM

Uhhh... no.

-T.

Speak for yourself, Thernlund! :D

Go ahead, treo, you may continue...

Ed

Geronimo45
April 30, 2008, 07:14 PM
I've had a few. Only remember one at the moment. I was shooting at somebody (with a bolt-action, I think). I suppose I hit him. My immediate thought was "huh, they're right. In an emergency situation, you don't hear the gunshot."

Treo
April 30, 2008, 07:43 PM
QUOTE: "Go ahead, treo, you may continue.."

what's to say? the question was have you had a gun dream?

I never remember the dreams, I can figure them out though.

I've been mortared , there's the "incoming" dream

I've never been shot at W/ a machine gun much less an M-60 & I've never been in close quaters combat ( I was a cannon cocker) so I'm not sure where those dreams from.

DW says I scream and start swinging and reach for the gun, she jumps on me & that's when I wake up I can't connect the dream W/ anything in my history

ColinthePilot
April 30, 2008, 08:43 PM
I usually dream about the most prominent thing I thought of before going to bed. I also research my gun purchases very thoroughly, and a friend [You folks might know him as Ducktape on THR] and I inevitably end up talking guns on a nightly basis. So my dreams usually involve the AR I'm slowly building, and occasionally using it in a fight.
A few weekends ago some friends and I went and checked out a burlesque show (not a strip club. this was a variety show featuring scantily clad women, but no nudity; very tasteful and entertaining) That night I had a dream I was in The Castle Anthrax (of Monty Python and The Holy Grail). I was Sir Galahad.:evil:

Sans Authoritas
April 30, 2008, 08:58 PM
I was excited because I found an M4...but then it kept jamming.

You have realistic dreams too, eh? ; )

-Sans Authoritas

brekneb
April 30, 2008, 09:04 PM
For me too, dreams involving guns are usually very, very unsettling.

Funny, I often get the 9,000 lbs trigger pull thing (and this usually happens while I'm being shot at.)

I have dreams about horridly under powered loads where the bullet falls to the ground in front of me (again this while I'm being shot at.)

It's interesting to see how many people's gun dreams are actually nightmares and not at all pleasant.

Zach S
April 30, 2008, 10:00 PM
Most of my gun dreams are far from reality. Zombies and such.

jakeswensonmt
April 30, 2008, 10:49 PM
In mine I am either surrounded by bad guys or wolves, and they're slowly circling closer, and I have an automatic pistol. When I go to shoot the pistol, it falls apart into ALL of its component pieces, and I desperately try to sift all the little parts out of the sand and get it reassembled while the wolves/bg's slowly close in... Sometimes in the dream I get it all put back together, and go to shoot again, and it just goes click, and a cowboy (?) holds up an oversized gleaming firing pin and says "I think you forgot this mister."

Rally_Vincent
April 30, 2008, 10:50 PM
I've actually had some mundane dreams where I'm roaming about, satisfied knowing I'm carrying my pistol and that it's there for me if a situation arises where I need it.

A few times, I do remember casually and calmly reaching for it, aiming, and popping off a few rounds. Unfortunately, I can't remember who or what it is I'm shooting at, or whether or not the situation was justified or not.

packnrat
April 30, 2008, 10:56 PM
yes

but not able to talk about it.

The Lone Haranguer
April 30, 2008, 11:10 PM
I am sure there is not a firearms enthusiast alive who has not had a gun or gun-related dream. :)

Sans Authoritas
April 30, 2008, 11:21 PM
I've been shot twice in my dreams. Once in the gut, and once in the head.

In the gut-shot dream, I was standing outside of a theater or similar venue, and was shot from about ten feet. I felt the slug hit my abdomen, but there was no pain. I looked down at my stomach, and the view suddenly went third-person, and I saw myself collapsing onto the ground.

The other dream involved sitting in the driver's seat of my car (with my windows rolled down, for some stupid reason), and someone very rapidly walked from the hood direction of the car and shot me once in the head with a small-caliber firearm. It was quite vivid: my head fell a bit, I could tell that all of the sudden, something was very wrong, and I felt myself fading out. I remember saying to myself, "Oh, heck no," (or a variation thereof) and willing myself to pull through. I woke up right then.

Then, of course, I've had the dreams where I was firing an AK-47 (complete with green tracers) and the bullets arced and dropped about 20 feet away, at a very inopportune time, tactically speaking.

The ineffectiveness of firearms (and all weapons) in dreams is an interesting theme, likely rooted in human nature. It is a topic that seems to be very worthwhile to contemplate.

-Sans Authoritas

Kurt S.
April 30, 2008, 11:40 PM
As a matter of fact, I had one last night. It was a War of the Worlds scenario. I had my H&R .22, my .38 Davis deringer, and my new HiPoint 9mm carbine. I was with a bunch of unarmed people; somehow they seemed to be lesser-known Hollywood actors. I don't who who they were, I just new they were from Hollywod. The aliens never attacked, the machines just sat out there on the horizon.

If I'd a had my choice, it would have been one of my 1911's and my wife's Bushmaster. Or at least my Ruger P89 and one of my SKS's.

Indifferent
April 30, 2008, 11:45 PM
Yes all the time, but I dream about all sorts of things.

SRMohawk
April 30, 2008, 11:56 PM
I, too, have them from time to time, and have since I was in my late teens. In every one, however, there is a common denominator: an absolutely preposterous comedy of errors occurs wherein any gun or guns I have fail in ever bigger ways (e.g. sights/optics come off; spent cases get struck in the breach; magazines blow clean out of their mag wells; slides blow right off of their frames; barrels blow right off of the receiver housings into which they are screwed).

I think this is why I can't help but spend the money for best-in-class guns, gun parts, scopes, and other firearms appointments/accessories despite the fact that I'll probably never really need such military-grade hardware. I don't think I'm all that unusual in this regard either. That is, I think ALOT of us are just that neurotic when it comes to our precious guns.

Geronimo45
April 30, 2008, 11:59 PM
My guns never fail in my dreams. It's all in the mindset. :p

SRMohawk
May 1, 2008, 12:03 AM
Don't let that mindset become hubris, Geronimo. :p

MagnumDweeb
May 1, 2008, 12:09 AM
My most memorable gun dream was one where I was like in a museum full ofr western style revolvers and lever action rifles. The clean reflective surfaces shining from the light being inside museum like display cases. Now I am a fan of western style guns and once I am a working professional and have money to spare beyond my normal stock with a far larger gun safe I'll be sure to pickup modern remakes of old western classics like Spartan double barrell hammer shotguns, Winchester(or American made clone) lever action 30-30 (also a leverl action Marlin 45-70 even though it's not a true western gun), and a few SA 45 Long Colt made by American companies (Not Rugers even though I'll probably get a 45 Long Colt in 4 5/8), and probably a couple of black powders while I'm at it. Granted this will all probably take ten to fifteen years to realize but I'm in no rush.

SaltH2OHokie
May 1, 2008, 12:15 AM
I had two, two nights in a row making me think I should sell my guns.

First one I was a cop in my home town and I ended up in a shootout with the guy who grew up like 1/4 mile from me who's now in jail for malicious wounding and assault by mob charges.

In the dream he was my brother, I killed him and then his brothers (who weren't my brothers for some reason) were coming to kill me in retribution for killing "our" brother. I woke up when they had my house I grew up in surrounded.

Then, had a dream where my current residence was "invaded" by like 5 guys and I couldn't defend it with my shotgun because there were just too many.

I woke up after the second one and just sat and thought: "Maybe this is the big man telling me that guns have consequences and you shouldn't own them..."

Talked myself out of that quickly after some coffee.

6_gunner
May 1, 2008, 12:16 AM
I have a strange recurring theme in my dreams. It's always a different dream, but the same situation. I dream that I need to defend myself from a threat, but my gun fails me. Sometimes it just won't fire, other times I miss repeatedly, other times the bullets plop harmlessly on the ground in front of me. However, I always switch to a knife and am able to defend myself with that.

This is strange and ironic, because I don't think of knives as effective weapons in real life.

Stranger still, its seldom or never the gun and knife that I normally carry, but some random other gun/knife combo that I may not even own.

Weird. Probably means something. Don't care enough to figure it out.

Superlite27
May 1, 2008, 12:18 AM
Iíve had lots of dreams where I desperately need a gun, then find one but all the ammo is the wrong size and wonít fit

Wow. I usually have the same thing happen. In any dream where I have a firearm, I can never find any ammo. When I do, it turns out to be all screwey and wierd. I once had this shotgun I was walking around the house with looking for shells. When I finally found some, they turned into jello as I tried to slide them up into the magazine. My firearms NEVER have ammo that works.

As for being shot in dreams, I once went into a store to try on a suit. So I tried on a plaid one, stood in front of the mirror, and decided it was HIDEOUS. When I go back to the dressing room, I find out the store owner has sold my clothes! I'm stuck wearing this hideous plaid suit. So when I ask the owner, "Hey! Why'd you sell my clothes?" He pulls out a snubby, quick as a wink and POW! Shoots me right in the forehead. So, as I'm laying on the ground, I stick my finger in the hole and feel my squishy brain. Now I'm pissed! This guy shot me! So as I sit up, I notice that there's blood all over this hideous plaid suit. This is very dismaying, because now, I won't be able to return it. This makes me doubly torqued off. So I dig my .45 out of my pocket and, strangely enough, I realize I DON'T HAVE ANY BULLETS.

WHY DO I NEVER HAVE ANY BULLETS?

Funderb
May 1, 2008, 12:25 AM
m4s always jam in my dreams too.

guns also are mostly ineffective too.
But one man's dream is another's nightmare.

Geronimo45
May 1, 2008, 12:35 AM
Don't let that mindset become hubris, Geronimo.
Heh. Will do.

So as I sit up, I notice that there's blood all over this hideous plaid suit. This is very dismaying, because now, I won't be able to return it.
LOL!
But don't worry about dying, next time. Dead men don't wear plaid. :p

Scott7891
May 1, 2008, 12:36 AM
Had a dream once I was in a hospital and a perp was trying to escape. I didn't have a gun at first but then I thought it and an AK-47 appeared in my hand and with that I chase him through a door and yell HALT! FREEZE! He ignored me so I shot him and woke up.

Another one where I thought I was in the Cold War Gone Hot in East Germany and my platoon captured a bunch of Soviet soldiers carrying AK-74's and I had my M16 and I was speaking to them in Russian telling them to put their hands up.

I know very random.

hankdatank1362
May 1, 2008, 12:44 AM
I used to get the impossible trigger pull dream all the time, when I was first getting into guns.

But I haven't had a dream that I remember in probably about 3 years.

Gingerbreadman
May 1, 2008, 12:52 AM
Had one the night before last. I put together my first AR-15 lower receiver earlier that evening. Then I dreamed about my 870, which turned out that it can be broken down just like an AR-15 and the entire stock assembly screwed into the back. It didn't make much sense at the time, but I went with it. That was a pretty cool gun...

Chrontius
May 1, 2008, 02:31 AM
Yes. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gunnm)

Oh, you meant seriously? I was a riot cop two nights ago with a bright yellow shotgun. It was something like a hostage situation, if I remember correctly. I don't have them that often, but they happen.

Chrontius
May 1, 2008, 02:41 AM
I have a strange recurring theme in my dreams. It's always a different dream, but the same situation. I dream that I need to defend myself from a threat, but my gun fails me. Sometimes it just won't fire, other times I miss repeatedly, other times the bullets plop harmlessly on the ground in front of me. However, I always switch to a knife and am able to defend myself with that.

A lot of these seem to fit this pattern. I'm sure there's something Jungian psychology could pick out of these, but they all seem to involve things either not working, or bullets falling to the ground or...

Maybe it's your id's way of saying you need a bigger gun?

Neo-Luddite
May 1, 2008, 11:58 AM
Yes, I have had an occasionally re-ocurring dream were I'm in a critical moment and my 1911a1 falls apart and I have to reassemble it, etc.

Maybe this is why we have my Wife's mod. 36 as a main bedroom gun?!!!

clemsonu0219
May 1, 2008, 12:10 PM
:) :)

shadowalker
May 1, 2008, 12:26 PM
I've had several, I see them as my subconscious mind preparing for various situations, plus I war game a lot when I'm awake and it must carry over. I'm always aware it is a dream and on several occasions have given myself a firearm or better weapons.

In one case I was walking down the street with my sister in a bad part of town. Two guys called her over, and for some dumb reason she went. They wanted her to try some of their cooked drugs, she said no, they pulled a gun on me. I was carrying, but knew I couldn't win with mine still in the holster, so I was watching for an opportunity. They gave her one last chance she said no and insulted them, they shot me in the thigh, it hurt, as I fell I thought a choice profanity and started drawing, woke up just before pulling the trigger. I was mad at her for most the morning for getting me shot :D.

Also had a dream where there was an intruder and for some dumb reason I left my Sig in the retention holster. I saw the front door was open, and saw a human shape in my living room. I saw him see me, felt him start to move to me and *KNEW* he needed to be shot but I couldn't get my gun out of the holster, woke up just as he hit me.

My wife had one where she knew someone was in the house but couldn't get her gunvault open so she was walking around with the gunvault entering the combination. Finally got it open and shot the guy but he wouldn't go down, she kept reloading until she was out of ammo / he went down.

One month we spent a ton of time at the range, and I had started shooting a little high and to the right. I had a dream a guy broke in and came charging up the stairs, I shot him 3 times and he collapsed. My wife and I walked up to him like we would approach a paper target, I could see the holes but no blood, I said "yep, high and to the right!"

Cred's Cariad
May 27, 2008, 12:52 PM
I had a dream where I walked into a gun store and I won a prize: I could pick out any 1911 and AR platform rifle I wanted. So, I went with a Springfield TRP & a Bushmaster AR-10.

Pete409
May 27, 2008, 01:03 PM
Iíve had lots of dreams where I desperately need a gun, then find one but all the ammo is the wrong size and wonít fit

I've had numerous similar dreams. Usually the dream involves handguns and I'm searching desperately for one that works or that has ammo of the proper caliber.

All I can find are guns that are best described as a POS. They're broke, or won't work properly, or the ammo is an assortment of all the wrong stuff.

In the rare instance that I do find a gun and proper ammo, I can't pull the trigger because it is so hard to pull.

I'm sure that a psychologist could have a field day with this type of dream, but so far I have no idea what it means. :)

Nolo
May 27, 2008, 01:06 PM
Like, every night.

garyhan
May 27, 2008, 01:45 PM
Recently had a dream I received $9.95 introductory package from the automatic pistol of the month club. It consisted of an 1896 Broomhandle, an artillery Luger, and a Sig 210. It was a very unhappy awakening to find it was a dream.

Gary

garyhan
May 27, 2008, 01:46 PM
:banghead:Recently had a dream I received $9.95 introductory package from the automatic pistol of the month club. It consisted of an 1896 Broomhandle, an artillery Luger, and a Sig 210. It was a very unhappy awakening to find it was a dream.

Gary

Auburn1992
May 27, 2008, 01:57 PM
I actually just had a dream last night where I had to use my Baby Eagle (9mm) on an intruder. The wierd thing is that the intruder was Marylin Manson and the 9mm didn't seem to effect him... Kind of creepy right?

Then I woke up and fell asleep to have another dream. I went hunting :D Very fun even though I didn't get anything :(

BamBam-31
May 27, 2008, 04:57 PM
I had a dream once where I killed Michael Jackson. I think it was w/ a gun, can't really recall. Very traumatizing, actually. And I like his older stuff, too. Mamma say mamma saw mamakusa! :p

neapoi
May 27, 2008, 06:54 PM
The only dreams I have about guns revolve around strange Dr. Seuss drawings where I am the 308 round slowly circling out the front end of a rifle barrel.

I'm clean and sober, honest!

azhunter12
May 27, 2008, 07:06 PM
I have but I can't remember details.

General Geoff
May 27, 2008, 07:15 PM
I vividly remember one dream I had where a guy with a pipe wrench was rapidly advancing towards me, and I inherently *knew* he was going to kill me. I had my SW99 on my side, and I drew it, lined up the sights on his COM, pulled the trigger... and the trigger just wouldn't break. I'll pull with all my trigger finger's might, yet it just felt like the trigger pull was fifty pounds or something. Terrible feeling of panic, that. I guess that dream stems from the fact that I carry it in decocked fashion so the first trigger pull is double action, and does require a bit of effort compared to the single action pull of subsequent shots.

This is one of the reasons I'm thinking of getting a 10mm 1911. :)

makarovnik
May 27, 2008, 08:10 PM
I have them all the time.

Unfortunately they are always scary and I wake up in a cold sweat thinking I need a bigger gun with high capacity magazines.

pyle
May 27, 2008, 08:36 PM
Have you ever had a gun dream?

I've had MANY gun dreams and maybe someone on here can interpret them for me. MOST of the time when I have a gun dream - I'm using the gun to fight off a BG or a "monster" or something. However, almost always the gun is underpowered, won't fire, jammed, etc. These dreams would be kind of funny but I don't understand why I can't simply have a dream where I unload 10 solid rounds into a BG dropping him cold? What's up with dreams like those??? :confused:

SoCalShooter
May 27, 2008, 09:15 PM
Every night and morning and strangly on monday morning one of them came true and that was when I ordered my COLT COMBAT COMMANDER...and then heard my friend wants to buy his kimber back and that will give me enough money for a Springfield Micro Compact 45.

taliv
May 27, 2008, 09:19 PM
sometimes i dream about finding my prone position (kind of like the tetris/nyet dreams i used to have)

rodregier
May 27, 2008, 09:23 PM
+1

dream (nightmare) involving a pistol with an impossibly heavy trigger pull in an emergency.

3KillerBs
May 27, 2008, 10:03 PM
I haven't had those "gun won't fire" dreams yet. I expect they're a lot like the ones where no matter how hard I hit the attacker he doesn't even feel it.

But last night I was required to field strip and clean a completely unfamiliar gun and I had no idea how to begin. Good thing the alarm went off because I was going to be in BIG trouble when the gun's owner came back and it wasn't clean yet.

lions
May 28, 2008, 02:18 AM
I always have the zombie dream after I watch some stupid move, I'm always ready for it but my bullets don't do a thing! i know I'm hitting them but nothing is happening, no wound no nothing. They are always the slow ones so I walk up point blank and pull the trigger but still nothing, then I wake up.

I also have more realistic dreams occasionaly where someone is breaking into the house and I grab my pistol and flashlight to go check it out. I always seem to know when they are just around the corner and right before I see them I wake up, never any shots fired.

GrizzlyGraves
May 28, 2008, 03:59 AM
Today I had a dream that my house was being attacked by a gang. There were about ten schmoes coming in from the front and back. I had to defend my fiancee's life and my own....

Anyway, it was a scary, scary dream due to the fact that I was eventually overrun by the goons. It was so vivid, I could hear the screen door breaking down as they came in and overwhelmed us. Needless to say, I woke up in a cold sweat....:eek:

Grandpa Shooter
May 28, 2008, 01:16 PM
Mine were connected to a TV series I used to watch. I realized the connection, quit watching, and the dreams were gone. Amazing what we subject ourselves to under the guise of "entertainment".

I have discovered over the years that I can't watch TV. The frequency of flashbacks and "gun dreams" is directly related to what is on TV. I know my PTSD has gotten way worse since 9 11.

The_Shootist
May 28, 2008, 03:57 PM
Shortly after I got my CHL. Stayed up late one night doing too much surfing and munching on a larger pepperoni and mushroom pizza.

Usually that pre-bedtime diet will generate a dream in which a nasty scary werewolf chases me up and down the block until I bolt upright in a cold sweat.

That night it was different. After finishing my pizza and staggering off to bed, sure enough, the dream started up. In it, I just parked my truck outside my place and got out, when out jumped the usual werewolf from behind the bushes and snarled at me. But this time it was different.

I clearly remember in the dream pulling my 1911 (purchased around the time I got my CHL) like clockwork....like I was just shrugging...and slammed 3 COM shots at said monster.

In the dream the funny part was the werewolf stared speechless at me as if to say "No Fair" and then bounded off in the other direction - quickly :D. I then awok chuckling to myself but then fell back asleep and slept the remainder of the night well.

Since then I have NEVER had a bad dream (regardless of diet) invlolving something ugly or monstrous. Its as if the goblins in my self conscious know theres no point in surprising me. :evil:

22-rimfire
May 28, 2008, 04:01 PM
Guns in general have been a normal part of my dreams for years. Like clothing, they are just part of the dream.

trashpickinman
June 3, 2008, 11:39 PM
Its weird in the past few nights I've been having some gun dreams. I can't remember exactly this last nights dream, but I'm pretty sure it was gun related, but I remember the night before; I was in a gun store, I think the local Cabelas, lots of people down all of the aisles were checking out the long-guns and sighting them in, but they all kept pointing them at my head instead of at the ceiling or the floor.

I'm pretty sure two things are directly responsible. First I actually was at the local Cabelas on Friday, and while I was walking past an aisle, I looked to my left and actually saw a woman pointing a shotgun towards my head. :cuss: And second, that afternoon I purchased a new Hi-Point pistol.

I just hope I don't wake up in the middle of the night reaching for my new pistol.

Brass Rain
June 4, 2008, 12:53 AM
For a while I was having gun dreams almost every night. Ah, the life of a seventeen-year-old gun nut. Obsess about them all day and obsess about them all night. I guess that's what happens when the last thing you see before you go to sleep are night sights.

:D

sharkhunter2018
June 4, 2008, 01:02 AM
The last one i had that I can remember was last summer. Actually there were two. I had been wanting a M1 for a while. I already had one of the Century Garands, but I really wanted a REAL one. Several weeks before I got it, I had a dream that I went to the place to get it. When I got there, he didn't have any and that was end of that one. The next dream was about a week later. This one was the same, only none of the M1s had a receiver :(.

Funny thing is, is that I actually woke up disappointed thinking that it had really happened. Don't suppose it was because I was excited, aye :D?

The_Rambler
June 4, 2008, 01:09 AM
My dreams are always stupid. The gun dream I had most recently was a couple months ago.

I was fighting a guy and he pulled a Glock out(I remember that well hah). I take if from him, and instead of shooting, or droping the mag, I just cycle the thing till its dry and hit him with the empty gun.

Drusagas
June 4, 2008, 01:11 AM
Had a dream where I and someone else I didn't know were fighting for a very long time, both of us shooting at each other with the same pistol, each wrestling it out from the other's hand, until I finally trapped him under a pool and put the gun to his head and shot him. But I had been shot in the chest, was breathing heavily and felt like I was going to die...it was rather weird waking up...

BillyBothHands
June 4, 2008, 01:19 AM
I once had a dream where I had a Sharps with a barrel that telescoped all the way down and it all folded down into the stock. Not sure how that worked, but it killed a lot of psychotic pigs that were the result of radition poisoning in the aftermath of the great Teletubbie war in which we resulted in dropping a nuke because by law, the plush jibber jabbers were required to be fire retardant.

If you enjoyed reading about "Have you ever had a gun dream?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!