Brady Campaign's Peter Hamm talks smack on Facebook!

PDA

redsaber75
April 30, 2008, 06:55 PM
Peter Hamm (Washington, DC) wrote
at 9:24am yesterday
Hey Lindsey, did your parents raise you to be a rude, mean spirited bully, or did you get that way on your own?

I cannot, for the life of me, fathom how you folks sleep at night after viciously sniping all day at people who have been victims of crime.

You should be ashamed of yourself, and you should find something constructive to do with your time, such as get a job, or actually study for your classes, if you are actually enrolled.

I never cease to be amazed at the brutal, aggressive, dictatorial behavior of the activists on your side. And let me make this clear - it energizes us. So give up this foolish notion that you have that you're going to scare us away. We aren't ever going anywhere.

Go play with your guns.

Peter Hamm

I love it when people talk smack online. Because they would never say it to your face in person.

Keep in mind this guy is the Communication Director for the Brady Campaign.

If you enjoyed reading about "Brady Campaign's Peter Hamm talks smack on Facebook!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Eightball
April 30, 2008, 07:07 PM
let me make this clear - it energizes us. So give up this foolish notion that you have that you're going to scare us away. We aren't ever going anywhere.He wouldn't need to say such things if his side was "winning." Sounds like he's getting scared, and needs to get more popularity, fast.

Rachen
April 30, 2008, 08:07 PM
He wouldn't need to say such things if his side was "winning." Sounds like he's getting scared, and needs to get more popularity, fast.

Apparently, he thinks that he was not going to get caught wacking off on Facebook. Surely, there won't be any NRA people there to fight him or rebuff him, right? Think again Mr. Hamm, because right now, your imbecile little comment has been copied and pasted to many other webpages, and before long, your reputation as a mean spirited and hurtful individual will be spread so far and so much on the Web, by countless Americans who cherish their freedoms and cultural roots, that telemarketers all over the country will wish that they have the same skills as THR members to spread information over such a long distance to so many people.

CBS220
April 30, 2008, 08:09 PM
A link would be nice.

Rachen
April 30, 2008, 08:11 PM
A link would be nice.

Yes, that will be great. Lets have solid evidence of his little masturbatory activity on Facebook. Somewhere down the road, we can use it against him.
In this day and age, you just have to be really careful of what you say. Evidently, this little fool has completely undressed and showed everybody his TRUE self.

misANTHrope
April 30, 2008, 08:45 PM
I dug around trying to find his, and this is as close as I got- another secondhand discussion. No luck yet finding the original discussion.

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=2243394202&topic=3891

One thing I have noticed, whilst browsing the various anti groups, is how their membership compares to an organization like SCCC. SCCC is closing in on 30,000 members, while the biggest anti group I've come across so far was the ProtestEasyGuns folk, with 1900 members. I find this quite encouraging.

mike101
April 30, 2008, 08:49 PM
I just sent it to the Brady Campaign. :evil:

Dksimon
April 30, 2008, 09:01 PM
I added him as a friend on facebook so we will have to wait and see if he accepts.

If he does accept I have a few questions to ask him so maybe we will get some more interesting things out of him!

TwitchALot
April 30, 2008, 09:54 PM
I will try to obtain the link.

Eightball
April 30, 2008, 10:55 PM
If he does accept I have a few questions to ask him so maybe we will get some more interesting things out of him!Keep us posted.

redsaber75
April 30, 2008, 11:03 PM
A link would be nice.

It was posted here:

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=2243394202&topic=3891

redsaber75
April 30, 2008, 11:04 PM
One thing I have noticed, whilst browsing the various anti groups, is how their membership compares to an organization like SCCC. SCCC is closing in on 30,000 members, while the biggest anti group I've come across so far was the ProtestEasyGuns folk, with 1900 members. I find this quite encouraging.

The other thing about a lot of the prohibitionist groups is that they often shut off any sort of discussion or debate.

Dksimon
May 1, 2008, 05:12 AM
!!!!!!! HE ACTUALLY ACCEPTED MY REQUEST!!!!!!!

Now I have to think of something to say to hime while still maintaining the characteristics of a decent human being.

Any imput?

Deanimator
May 1, 2008, 08:54 AM
Apparently, he thinks that he was not going to get caught wacking off on Facebook. Surely, there won't be any NRA people there to fight him or rebuff him, right? Think again Mr. Hamm, because right now, your imbecile little comment has been copied and pasted to many other webpages, and before long, your reputation as a mean spirited and hurtful individual will be spread so far and so much on the Web, by countless Americans who cherish their freedoms and cultural roots, that telemarketers all over the country will wish that they have the same skills as THR members to spread information over such a long distance to so many people.
I've fought anti-gunners first in FidoNet, then in usenet since 1986. Absolutely one of my most powerful weapons has been "File, Save As" and copy and paste.

It's simply astonishing, the number of sheer imbeciles who think that once they say something in a discussion forum or in usenet, that it just disappears forever. I've kept user specific quote files, both in FidoNet and usenet. Nothing slaps a liar down quicker than a VERBATIM quote, WITH all of the header information. Even better is an embarrassing quote from a supposed "liberal", full of racism, anti-Semitism or misogyny, and believe me, I've got TONS of all three and more. It's hilarious to have some jackass get blindsided by some David Duke-like comment he made five years ago. Almost as funny is to do linguistic analysis of posts from five "different" posters to show that they're really just one. Then just use the poster's real name (if you know it) when talking or referring to his multiplicity of aliases.

I've literally run several hateful anti-gunners out of usenet, one to the Daily Kos where they don't allow contradiction of their views.

I had one of them threaten to sue me once. I just told him to go ahead... but that in discovery I'd be acquiring EVERY word he EVER said in ANY newgroup, echo or discussion forum where he'd EVER posted. I told him it'd be worth it to lose the case, JUST to get every racist thing he'd EVER said in the internet, DOCUMENTED as a public record. Strangely, he forgot that idea...

rocinante
May 1, 2008, 09:13 AM
Canada has a kangaroo court on human rights. My understanding is they heavily censor and punish anything inflammatory, racist or culturally insensitive. i.e. the p.c. nanny crowd is driving the bus up there. Anyhow one activist dragged the owner of a board that is white supremacist oriented before the court. Part of the evidence was online chat. Problem was the vilest and most degrading comments were by the activist baiting his target posing as like minded poster. Not only did the activist fail to reveal this fact but lied when busted about it.

I know that synopsis is vague but if anyone asks I will dig up a reference.

I am sure the Brady Bunch and their ilk are feeling defensive now a days. Lets home the SCOTUS really makes them the underdogs.

Conqueror
May 1, 2008, 12:05 PM
Mr. Hamm has a remarkable love of ad hominem attacks like this one, and uses them frequently. One would imagine this to be highly undesirable in a Communications Director.

armoredman
May 1, 2008, 12:10 PM
Maybe his title is actually Miscommunications Director?
Sounds like a real winner, a prince of a guy. Reminds me of some inmates I know...

SaxonPig
May 1, 2008, 12:25 PM
DK- Without disclosing which side you are on, simply tell him you are interested in the debate over sensible gun control (they love that word "sensible") and politely ask him to provide you with facts to bolster your arguments. Like statistics proving that gun control reduces crime and violence.

I wonder what he'll come up with?

BlazingAngel01
May 1, 2008, 12:37 PM
Fascist much......Hamm

Rugerlvr
May 1, 2008, 12:48 PM
Daily Kos where they don't allow contradiction of their views

I'm not trying to promote Daily Kos or anything, but I used to post pro-gun stuff over there all the time, and never got banned or anything. It was a pitiful attempt on my part to educate, but it just got so tiresome. It was like spitting in the wind. I think the key is to be respectful, and not didactic, or come across as a "gun nut." (i.e. don't tie name-calling, divisive politics into your arguments, use common sense.) I did discover that there are pro-gun democrats out there. I wish they had the cojones to educate some of their fellows in that party.

misANTHrope
May 1, 2008, 12:57 PM
DK- Without disclosing which side you are on, simply tell him you are interested in the debate over sensible gun control (they love that word "sensible") and politely ask him to provide you with facts to bolster your arguments. Like statistics proving that gun control reduces crime and violence.

I wonder what he'll come up with?

Ooohhh, I like this tact. If you're not averse to bending the truth some, play it like you've got these rabid pro-gun people arguing with you, and you need some good factual sources to show them. Act like you're getting your [butt] handed to you in debates, and you need help.

:D

Soybomb
May 1, 2008, 01:26 PM
No doubt responses like that get some hard core anti's cheering just as much as some of the dumb responses from the pro crowd do. The important thing to me is the fence sitters. I never plan to win over the person I'm debating with, thats just a pleasant surprise if it happens. I want the audience, who generally largely doesn't know much about guns or even really care much to be won over. These are the votes I want on our side. Let Mr. Hamm tell people to go play with their guns while you pound him with unbiased statistics and facts. The fence sitter who has much less of an emotional investment than Mr. Hamm does can make the decision on who presented the better case.

Deanimator
May 1, 2008, 02:17 PM
I'm not trying to promote Daily Kos or anything, but I used to post pro-gun stuff over there all the time, and never got banned or anything.
I just read the other day that they and some others are currently engaged in a "purge" to eliminate contrary views on gun control, regardless of how they're presented.

Superlite27
May 1, 2008, 02:19 PM
and you need some good factual sources to show them. Act like you're getting your [butt] handed to you in debates, and you need help.

And if he actually provides some crap like "Studies show that people who have a gun at home are 46 times more likely to have it used on themselves", just say something like:

"But I can't use that because it counts suicides and premeditated spousal murder. Can you help me prove these gun nuts wrong using something else?"

And if he does........knock the crap out of it...politely. This way, you can kind of argue "by proxy". You can bash the hell out of his logic under the guise of trying to provide FACTUAL information in favor of gun control.

I wonder where it will lead?

Dksimon
May 1, 2008, 03:09 PM
I have written a message to Mr. Hamm.
Please look over it and let me know what you think. I will update you when he replies.

MTMilitiaman
May 1, 2008, 03:37 PM
Dksimon, I love the other tabs--S&W 9mm, Tanto swords, and some Brady loser about to get blindsided :uhoh: :evil:

357WheelGun
May 1, 2008, 04:20 PM
Considering that anyone can make a profile on Facebook and there are plenty of publicly-available photographs of Mr. Hamm as well as enough publicly-available background information for someone to set up a reasonably accurate false profile I have to ask why we're so sure that this is actually Peter Hamm.

Silvanus
May 1, 2008, 04:21 PM
Dksimon, you made quite a few grammatical and 'structural' errors...That doesn't help to make you look good if you're trying to argue with that guy later on...

Dksimon
May 1, 2008, 04:54 PM
whoops, I was in a rush. I will straighten up if he responds.

mbt2001
May 1, 2008, 04:57 PM
What a jerk...

I wonder if he was crying when he wrote it... Prolly was.

DonP
May 1, 2008, 06:37 PM
Mr. Hamm will be a devoted advocate of gun control in every form ... as long as the checks from the Joyce Foundation keep coming and are cashed at the bank.

When that comes to an end, you'll find him down the street as a fierce advocate for the American Avocado Board strongly in favor of Guacamole for every citizen.

These people believe in nothing, except the exercise of power over others for a fee.

Cougfan2
May 1, 2008, 06:57 PM
Soybomb hit the nail on the head. It is nearly impossible to convert a hardcore anti, but if you make reasonalbe arguments backed up by facts, the fence sitters can be swayed.

Cougfan2
May 1, 2008, 07:01 PM
Dksimon, I couldn't read the print on the facebook page you cut and pasted. Would you mind pasting the text into a response here?

Thanks

Vaarok
May 1, 2008, 07:02 PM
Anybody who isn't already in the know, PM me (the Loremaster of "Keep Your Laws Off My Guns") and I'll set you up with more ammo.

shdwfx
May 1, 2008, 07:12 PM
Cougfan2...not such a great idea. Preserving the text in the image keeps it out of google's (and other's) index.

SsevenN
May 1, 2008, 07:27 PM
Sounds a little "troll'ish" but I think its a good conversation starter...........

skinewmexico
May 1, 2008, 08:20 PM
Remember that old saying about teaching a pig to sing? You're teaching a pig to sing.

sweatingbanshee
May 1, 2008, 09:11 PM
I sent him a friend request with a message about how I'm a big supporter of his zeal for sensible gun laws such as the DC gun ban. However, my profile picture is the Concealed Campus logo, so...

romma
May 1, 2008, 09:25 PM
I tend to believe that some "Antis", if you will, are created by accident.

Others by opportunity...

Maybe the death of a loved one by firearms or violence, or latching on to someone else that endured a similar plight, and the took up a cause... A cause that is irrational in it's roots, but somehow this cause of theirs makes it seem like they are doing something for the better.

Along the way I believe that some of these people actually see the light, but are so firmly entrenched in the culture that they have been involved with for whatever period of time, that in spite of their enlightenment, they would never admit publicly their awakenings.

Maybe it's because they do not want to dissapoint others, or maybe because of financial gain from fronting these doomed causes of theirs would be lost...?

One mans opinion or theory...

ridata
May 1, 2008, 09:45 PM
misANTHrope, Rachen

This is the photo on facebook that has the comment in question on it.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=323019&id=775044091&op=1&subj=11796925587&view=all&aid=-1&oid=11796925587
There is a whole conversation going on in the comments of the picture, and Peter's comment is a couple down.

MD_Willington
May 1, 2008, 09:53 PM
rocinate you're correct...there is a government group that tried to shut down freedominion...

TwitchALot
May 1, 2008, 09:59 PM
Meh. Ridata beat me to it.

Rachen
May 1, 2008, 11:37 PM
This is the photo on facebook that has the comment in question on it.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...id=11796925587
There is a whole conversation going on in the comments of the picture, and Peter's comment is a couple down.

Ah crap! I don't even have a facebook account.

Well, I was going to go right in and reply to his little comment:

Well, I wonder how much is Sarah Brady paying you to defecate on public websites? You joined up to their "cause" thinking you'll get some real easy money, and probably a way into Sarah Brady's pants too, but as of now, it seems like all she is still allowing you to do is wack off to her while she lets some real gun control advocate like our little Mr. Presidential Candidate from Chicago get some candy, righty right?

RedLion
May 1, 2008, 11:47 PM
Go play with your guns.

Maybe I will, And there's nothing anyone can do about it! :neener:

I hope because of this the Brady campaign nominates Peter Hamm to be the first to collect all the dangerous guns in America!:p

CBS220
May 1, 2008, 11:52 PM
Well, I wonder how much is Sarah Brady paying you to defecate on public websites? You joined up to their "cause" thinking you'll get some real easy money, and probably a way into Sarah Brady's pants too, but as of now, it seems like all she is still allowing you to do is wack off to her while she lets some real gun control advocate like our little Mr. Presidential Candidate from Chicago get some candy, righty right?

I'm glad you don't have a facebook account.

/obvious troll.

Rachen
May 1, 2008, 11:57 PM
I'm glad you don't have a facebook account.

/obvious troll.

Peter Hamm has talked some serious BS on facebook. Whats wrong with me shoving the BS back into his mouth?

You treat others the same way you would want them to treat you. When you violate that rule, expect your own defecation to be shoved back into your mouth, Mr. Hamm.

CBS220
May 2, 2008, 12:01 AM
Peter Hamm has talked some serious BS on facebook. Whats wrong with me shoving the BS back into his mouth?

I believe we are the ones taking the high road, correct? Such silly, infantile tactics get us nowhere.

You treat others the same way you would want them to treat you.

I agree.

When you violate that rule, expect your own defecation to be shoved back into your mouth, Mr. Hamm.

I agree here as well, but

You treat others the same way you would want them to treat you.

A very famous man gave a speech ~2000 years ago on the subject.

Rachen
May 2, 2008, 12:06 AM
I believe we are the ones taking the high road, correct? Such silly, infantile tactics get us nowhere.

OK you win.

HOWEVER, I still want to broadcast the fact that Mr. Hamm is being PAID to do Brady's dirty work. When you reply to his comments and let ask him how much is he getting paid?, it really unnerves him and makes him feel uneasy.

After all, we are not getting paid to advocate the 2nd Amendment, right?
In fact, I WOULD NOT WANT TO GET PAID for advocating freedom, I do it on my own will, and many others would also agree. What we do is truly from within our hearts, and that is what makes us proud, as freedom loving Americans.

Gingerbreadman
May 2, 2008, 12:57 AM
Go play with your guns.

Okay fine. I will.

kermit315
May 2, 2008, 02:59 AM
tagged to watch, might comment tomorrow.

Oana
May 2, 2008, 03:41 AM
357WheelGun wrote:
Considering that anyone can make a profile on Facebook and there are plenty of publicly-available photographs of Mr. Hamm as well as enough publicly-available background information for someone to set up a reasonably accurate false profile I have to ask why we're so sure that this is actually Peter Hamm.

Ditto. I know it's easy to believe the worst about the opposition, but it seems we're all jumping to the bait a little too easily. And it's such nice bait. Either Mr. Hamm really is humiliating himself all over the great Internets, or some troll is laughing hysterically right now.

Conqueror
May 2, 2008, 11:45 AM
I'm quite willing to believe that Hamm has a facebook account. He knows that SCCC's main method of spread is on facebook, there's no reason for him not to get an account and monitor the goings-on.

Personally I think the comments by the other folks are worse than Hamm's. Particularly the woman who keeps talking about the UK but is blissfully unaware of the massive spikes in violent and gun crime since the UK banned most guns.

357WheelGun
May 2, 2008, 06:21 PM
I'm quite willing to believe that Hamm has a facebook account. He knows that SCCC's main method of spread is on facebook, there's no reason for him not to get an account and monitor the goings-on.

I'm quite willing to believe that Hamm has a Facebook account as well. I'm just not sure that the account that posted those messages is actually his account. Anyone could go to Facebook, create a new account under the name "Peter Hamm" using their own E-mail address, and fill in all the location and background information well enough for it to look like the actual Peter Hamm's page.

Just because Mr. Hamm may have an account on Facebook doesn't mean that any account claiming to be "Peter Hamm" is actually his.

sweatingbanshee
May 2, 2008, 07:04 PM
I think it's really him, just because he won't accept my friend requests.

If you enjoyed reading about "Brady Campaign's Peter Hamm talks smack on Facebook!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!