Impossible to Log Out of THR...

PDA

JohnKSa
May 1, 2008, 04:05 AM
I posted a link to a THR thread on another forum. A member on that forum complained that he could not access the link without logging in. That didn't sound right to me so I decided to test it.

Long story short, there doesn't seem to be a way to log out of THR. It will TELL you it logged you out and cleared your cookies but if you then click on the forum index it welcomes you right back (gives you a "Welcome, JohnKSa.
You last visited: Today at 03:02 AM
Private Messages: Unread 0, Total 429.") without asking you to log back in.

If you log out and immediately try to log back in and enter a random name & password, it will give you the "Welcome, JohnKSa.
You last visited: Today at 03:02 AM
Private Messages: Unread 0, Total 429." message and tell you that you have used up a login attempt.

Tried manually clearing my internet cache & cookies with no success.

I doubt this is a problem for most, but it is sort of a puzzler...

If you enjoyed reading about "Impossible to Log Out of THR..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Dksimon
May 1, 2008, 04:13 AM
Why would you want to log out. it is such a wonderfull place!

Mal H
May 1, 2008, 07:38 AM
John, that means you have multiple THR cookies of the form:
JohnKSa@www.thehighroad[2].txt, JohnKSa@www.thehighroad[3].txt, etc.

You have to manually delete all of them. If your manual search for them didn't work then try a filename search looking for "thehighroad" in the title. The logout process will only be looking for the cookie it used when you logged in, and all the others remain in effect once that one is deleted.

JohnKSa
May 1, 2008, 06:00 PM
That was, indeed the problem.

I thought I'd gotten them all but I missed one.

Thanks!

41magsnub
May 1, 2008, 06:03 PM
THR.. the Hotel California of the Internet

JohnKSa
May 1, 2008, 11:36 PM
It WAS a little spooky there for a minute... :D

If you enjoyed reading about "Impossible to Log Out of THR..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!