When I change a thread title, why doesn't it show up in the forum view?

PDA

jlbraun
May 1, 2008, 01:49 PM
For example:

http://thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=359606

I changed the title to say "Stalingrad" after a correction that it wasn't "Leningrad", but Leningrad still shows up in the forum view.

But on this thread:

http://thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=360394

I edited the title and it did show up.

Why?

If you enjoyed reading about "When I change a thread title, why doesn't it show up in the forum view?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ArfinGreebly
May 1, 2008, 01:58 PM
I don't recall the actual times, but certain changes are time limited.

You have [some number] of minutes from the initial thread post to change the title and still affect the displayed thread title.

You have [20(?)] minutes to make edits and corrections to any post before the "last edited by" marker shows up below that post.

You have [4(?)] days during which you can make changes to a post, after which time the "edit" button is no longer available for that post.

Mal knows these off the top of his head. I have to go look them up.

jlbraun
May 1, 2008, 02:15 PM
Oh, OK. Thanks!

ArfinGreebly
May 1, 2008, 02:25 PM
Of course, you can always have a mod change the title.

(It's been fixed.)

:)

Mal H
May 1, 2008, 07:11 PM
External thread title changes can be done for 1 hour after post time. After that time period and for the remainder of the 4 day edit window, the change is only a post title change.

Know what? I think I'm going to change that to 4 hours. Sometimes 1 hour just isn't long enough for a member to come back and realize there's an error in the title. Four hours shouldn't cause a problem.

If you enjoyed reading about "When I change a thread title, why doesn't it show up in the forum view?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!