Has the wife ever....

PDA

BsChoy
May 1, 2008, 07:04 PM
After telling her you were going to by a new firearm (you fill in the blank on the specific model or type) threatened you by saying "we are gonna have problems if you buy that"????

If you enjoyed reading about "Has the wife ever...." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
hrgrisso
May 1, 2008, 07:06 PM
I give her equal cash to spend and she is satisfied.

TAB
May 1, 2008, 07:07 PM
I give her equal cash to spend and she is satisfied.

buy equal he means 25x as much.

talk to her about it..

GRB
May 1, 2008, 07:11 PM
Surprisingly enough, mine has never complained about me buying myself another firearm. She was a bit leery when i told her I would be buying a .22 rifle for my son when he was 9. I think she has gotten over that by now since he is 18 and goes shooting with me when we get the chance. She was also a bit worried about me taking him hunting, and probably still is because of all the hype about hunting accidents when they occur and because I am your basic klutz (though I am pretty darned careful with firearms).

I wonder how she will feel when he buys a rifle on his own now that he is 18. I thought he would have already, but he has been using all his money for gas.

I'll have to thank the wife for being so kind as to let me enjoy my hobby as much as she has allowed me to.

All the best,
Glenn B

Robert14
May 1, 2008, 07:11 PM
The definition of "concealed weapon" is the one you bought your wife doesn't know about. They are so many in the safe that she wouldn't notice another one.

bogie
May 1, 2008, 07:12 PM
+1

Heh, heh...

skinewmexico
May 1, 2008, 07:12 PM
What's tough is when you have to sneak in the second safe.

cambeul41
May 1, 2008, 07:14 PM
No, she is more likely tp say, "I'll check it out. If I like it, you can have it until I inherit it.":D

SundownRider
May 1, 2008, 08:16 PM
My wife tried to, but after I pointed out that I was going to start looking at the receipts of some of her purchases, she decided it would be better for all if we had some separate accounts and one house account for all the bills.

Funny how they clam up if you start talking about limiting THEIR shopping.

PocoDiablo
May 1, 2008, 08:17 PM
My wife just says "So long as you don't sell any of the ones we already have, ok." :)

Starship1st
May 1, 2008, 08:19 PM
My wife ususally say, " Here's $$ dollars I want you to order this gun for me!" :cool:

CajunBass
May 1, 2008, 08:22 PM
Only if I don't buy another one at the same time for her, or at least promise to share.

10-Ring
May 1, 2008, 08:24 PM
Nope...I kept mt nuts :D

tbtrout
May 1, 2008, 08:36 PM
Only if she does not get to choose one once in a while.

Geno
May 1, 2008, 08:49 PM
BsChoy: Ah, no. ;)

skinewmexico said:

What's tough is when you have to sneak in the second safe.

I told my wife the extra vaults weren't vaults...they are lockable frezers to protect the high-grade beef we purchased. <<Kidding>>. She gets the same to spend as I do.

The only thing my wife asks is, "Why do you need so many bullets? Why don't you just get your FFL again. You like firearms so much, you really should do it as a business."

Guess I'm a lucky dog.

guntotinguy
May 1, 2008, 09:00 PM
Ummm no...she might race me to buy it!

mek42
May 1, 2008, 09:06 PM
You guys are right - we go to the range just often enough maybe my next gun purchase should be a 2nd 10/22....

We do totally separate finances - we dibby up the bills, but then we each pay our share. To be honest, I think this has been one of the major things we've done right - not comingling our finances.

hrgrisso
May 1, 2008, 09:07 PM
Tab that was great!

But 25x is nowhere near close. I bought her a van :scrutiny:
and nice dishes/knives/cookware but in my mind those benefit me! :neener: She's a great cook! And since she's writing a cook book I get to be the subject of her experiments. Again lucky me! :p

My wife is actually trying to buy me (in secret shhhh!) a Benelli M series shotgun. When I asked her if I could get a Sig 556 she raised an eye brow and said "just don't shoot your foot (old family joke)."

But I think it's awosome how many people here who are married whose spouses support their habit.

2TransAms
May 1, 2008, 09:07 PM
Has the wife ever threatened you by saying "we are gonna have problems if you buy that"????
No,I just tell her that we're gonna have problems if she doesn't shut her mouth. Works every time.

Really,if your wife is cool with you owning guns then be responsible with your money. Don't buy guns if you really have other things you need to buy first. Or buy something nice for her. It ain't all about you.

I want a Dan Wesson Valor. I could buy it if I wanted to. But there's other things I should spend my money on now. Sure it sucks...but not as bad as having a disgruntled wife.

gunshow
May 1, 2008, 09:27 PM
Who tells their wife they're going to buy a gun :confused::confused::confused::confused:

lol @ the phrase "the wife" :evil:

bnkrazy
May 1, 2008, 09:38 PM
I have to buy more to replace the ones my wife "borrows" from me.

mio
May 1, 2008, 09:46 PM
she asks if we can afford it, if i say yes she tells me to buy it
the hardest part is is giving her an honest anwser but i dont think i could hide it if our power or phone got shut off.

oh to have a blind deaf wife

Packman
May 1, 2008, 09:55 PM
Hey, bnkrazy, what's up with the link in your sig? looks like a good idea, any idea when it'll be running?

to be on topic, I have no wife and never have, but I ascribe to the "you pay for your stuff, i'll pay for my stuff, we'll split what we share" idea. New shoes, her money. New gun, my money. unless she really likes guns, then maybe some of that can be our money. that'd be ok.

Agent 006 &7/8
May 1, 2008, 10:00 PM
threatened you by saying "we are gonna have problems if you buy that"????

Yes... but only followed by, "...because I want one first!" :evil:

Heck, when I got a Kimber Eclipse she picked it up, cleared it, admired it, then walked away saying, "We've got to get out to the range this week to shoot MY new pistol." :what:

I'm still trying to get it back from her. :uhoh:

ranger335v
May 1, 2008, 10:00 PM
"Has the wife ever threatened you by saying "we are gonna have problems if you buy that"???? "

Well, no. Thing is, when she saw me fondleing one she has said "Get it if you really want it." So, on three ocassions when I said, "I like it but, no, I don't need it and we can't afford it", she later took HER EARNED money to go back and get it for me. A M29/6", a TC Renagade .54, and a 700/Mtn. in -06. And she has bought me a small pile of reloading equipment too. NEVER has she said she wanted "equal money" to spend on herself but you can believe I bust my butt to see that she gets anything she wants if we can swing it.

What a gal. I married her 49 years ago and have about decided to keep her.

doc2rn
May 1, 2008, 10:04 PM
Nope...I kept mt nuts

X3 here; widowed, divorced, & told her not to let the door hit her on the way out.:neener:

bnkrazy
May 1, 2008, 10:05 PM
Hey, bnkrazy, what's up with the link in your sig? looks like a good idea, any idea when it'll be running?

I like FTF deals, and they're scattered all over forums here and there. I'd like to get them all in one spot. I should have it running soon. Most of the backend is done I just need to finish up the interface.

koja48
May 1, 2008, 10:08 PM
No more wife = no more problems. None of my guns or my Lab have ever been PO'd at me. Such is life. Bury me with a full magazine . . .

Snowdiver
May 1, 2008, 10:09 PM
Got rid of the wife.

doc2rn
May 1, 2008, 10:14 PM
Nope...I kept mt nuts

X3 here; widowed, divorced, & kept mine too

revjen45
May 1, 2008, 10:34 PM
No, but she said "That's the 4th gun you've bought since you went back to work at (the world's #1 aerospace mfr) and you will be needing every tooth in your mouth capped (true). Unless you like living on soup and mush (not hardly) it's time to quit spending money on guns." It's hard to argue with such irrefutable logic. I admit that choosing between eating and guns isn't easy, but in the end there's only one choice.

Valkman
May 1, 2008, 10:47 PM
Nope. Usually she buys what she wants but lately we're broke so I just bought a Bandsaw for $2000 and will pay her back when a certain knife order is paid for. :)

2TransAms
May 1, 2008, 11:33 PM
No, but she said "That's the 4th gun you've bought since you went back to work at (the world's #1 aerospace mfr) and you will be needing every tooth in your mouth capped (true). Unless you like living on soup and mush (not hardly) it's time to quit spending money on guns." It's hard to argue with such irrefutable logic. I admit that choosing between eating and guns isn't easy, but in the end there's only one choice.So what guns did you buy? :p

Dksimon
May 1, 2008, 11:52 PM
I find that it is easier to put it on lay-away rather than paying upfront. I usually break her in by sayig "oh, there is this new gun I want" or somethng similar and then after a few days of that I tell her that I put it on layaway.

She usually ends up with a gift out of the deal so its not all about me.

CU74
May 2, 2008, 12:08 AM
I read all of the "My Wife..." and "Has your wife ever..." posts for entertainment. My first wife was/still is a GFW, (who knew? I was young and stupid) and the best thing she ever did for me was leave to find herself.

My current wife isn't a "gunny" but she is an adult. She has a Beretta Cougar for social work and a 20 gauge semi-auto shotgun to appease her fear of snakes. We maintain three bank accounts - joint, hers, mine - and neither of us questions or comments on what we buy with our money. She has never asked why I "need" all of the old mil-surp rifles I buy with my Class 03 (C&R) FFL or why I bought yet another case of ammunition from CMP. She was fully supportive of my teaching her adult daughter about guns - in fact she laid out the rules, son-in-law stayed in the house with her while daughter and I were outside teaching her to shoot.

With the right woman, life is good..............

21-26
May 2, 2008, 01:10 AM
My wife is still really uncomfortable around guns and certainly doesn't look in my safe, but if worse came to worse I'd give up all my guns and learn to fight with three foot sections of rebar if that's what it took to make her stay. I really like my guns, but I love my wife.
CB

MachIVshooter
May 2, 2008, 01:30 AM
I admit that choosing between eating and guns isn't easy, but in the end there's only one choice.

Shoot your food.;)

I was with my ex for 5 years. It was kids that drove us apart, as I don't want them. Guns were never an issue, so long as bills got paid. Current GF loves to shoot, even goes after praire rats with me. So if she ends up being the one, I don't foresee any problems with acquiring new firearms, though I imagine about every 3rd or 4th one won't be for me. Already bought her a Tanfoglio BTA90, and she has a chrome P3AT, metallic red AR-15 and some form of .22 rifle on her short list.

frogger42
May 2, 2008, 03:33 AM
My wife bought me a .44 Magnum as an engagement gift. For our 4th wedding anniversary we bought each other matching Ruger LCP's. We have mine, hers and ours accounts. As long as my guns come out of my account (with the exceptions of gifts) there is no problem. I usually get "gun money" for b-day, anniversary, xmas anyway. A good woman is like a good 1911... hard to find, but when you do it is marvelous.

Ninja42
May 2, 2008, 06:01 AM
"Im ok with you buying a gun, but you are not serouosly considering to store that thing at home, are you!? Imagine if it went as I was walking by the cupboard! Wouldnt you be sorry if I died!? I will not enter your apartment again if there are guns in it. Period!"

-Said by my girlfriend moments before I decided to educate her on the subject of gun rights, gun safety and personal protection. Luckily she understood, but she still refuses to go shooting with me out of fear of shooting someone by accident.

American_Pit_Bull
May 2, 2008, 06:22 AM
Nope.

BammaYankee
May 2, 2008, 06:24 AM
My wife and I have a simple system that has worked fine... For every gun I buy, she gets a piece of jewelry of equal or more value before I get to buy something else. Neither of us have lots of each, but we both prefer quality over quantity anyway!

*** since we seem to talk a lot about wives and girlfriends, many of whom like to shoot and many who just aren't educated about guns in general, why doesn't THR start a forum for the ladies?? Even the NRA has realized that women are interested in guns and are an important base of support for RKBA.

BammaYankee
May 2, 2008, 06:27 AM

peyton
May 2, 2008, 07:10 AM
They are not for me but for my Grand Kids!! I spend more for my 4 kids (all grown and married off). I figured that my wife spends X dollars on her trinkets, I get my share for "heirlooms". Last Christmas while I was on R&R we went into the big gun shop in San Antonio and she said "Damn make your mind up and buy something!!"

ditch_dgr
May 2, 2008, 08:11 AM
No problems with my wife, except she likes to buy guns, with the both of us doing it is is getting a little expensive. But I sure am grateful.

Sato Ord
May 2, 2008, 08:15 AM
She knew who I was when she married me. She knew that I collect things like guns, knives, and swords.

That being said, I don't spend the utility or grocery money on firearms or ammunition, either, so she has no reason to complain about how I spend my money, and I don't complain about how she spends hers.

Of course, lately she's spent just about as much on firearms purchases as I have. We now have his-and-hers autoloaders.

craig
May 2, 2008, 08:29 AM
my wife usually asks "can i try it?" that's followed by "i like it, does it come in stainless?":scrutiny:

we even exchanged coach guns for christmas one year. i got a 12 ga. , she got a 20 ga.:D

Justin
May 2, 2008, 09:35 AM
YAY! Let's all sit around in a big circle and harrumph about t3h womenz!

If you enjoyed reading about "Has the wife ever...." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!