If it ever comes to confiscation...

PDA

sweatingbanshee
May 1, 2008, 11:33 PM
For example, if the government signs onto IANSA, or if Congress simply passes a ban that would necessitate confiscation, will the government shut down pro-gun internet forums? Will NRA mailings be held at the post office? Will they shut down the phone lines of the known most vocal gun rights supporters?

Just how far will the government go to keep gun rights activists from banding together for a unified resistance? And how much will the press comply? What do gun owners need to do to prepare for these efforts?

If you enjoyed reading about "If it ever comes to confiscation..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
John828
May 1, 2008, 11:41 PM
What do gun owners need to do to prepare for these efforts?

Keep a level head. Write your congressman a letter informing him how important the RKMB is to you. Act normal. Take off the tinfoil hat. Write a sane letter to the editor of the newspaper in your area. Go to work and mow your grass. Join a shooting club and network with other likeminded shooters.

mio
May 1, 2008, 11:43 PM
the better question might be could they shut down communication fast enough to prevent widespread organized resistance.
i believe the anwser is no. they would have to completly shut down the internet, cell signals (all digital signals really) and land phone lines, plus enough roads to keep people from quickly driving to the next town. and at the same time hit all at once the houses of either the majarity of gun owners or enough of the multi (say 10+) gun owners fast enough to limit resistance.
its not possible the only option they have is to pass 1 "reasonable gun control law" after another untill its to much trouble for the average citizen to own a gun.

Geno
May 1, 2008, 11:47 PM
Not going to happen...not now, and not even if an anti made it into office in the next round. Relax, enjoy life and communicate your expectations to your congress-critters.

Hoppy590
May 1, 2008, 11:52 PM
if it ever comes to confiscation i will sit quietly and comply...

thats as what the internet needs to know. :cool:

Picard
May 2, 2008, 02:51 AM
Yes, we will all comply...Not going to openly say otherwise.

If it ever came to that, a civilian army of 10 million would make them think otherwise.

Australian Shooter
May 2, 2008, 03:00 AM
Persian Commander: "Spartans! Lay down your weapons!"
King Leonidas: "Persians! Come and get them!"

Bobarino
May 2, 2008, 03:33 AM
guns? what guns? oh THOSE guns. nope, they were all lost in a tragic boating accident and that last one i sold to a friend of a friend of a friend. ;)

Bobby

geekWithA.45
May 2, 2008, 11:59 AM
Look, mass confiscation as a state or federal general policy is massively unlikely in our lifetimes, and there will be plenty of obvious warning before then.

Should that happen, the authorities can expect nothing less than hot death in military calibers from me, I'm not even going to try to pretend otherwise. The sticker price for ending the American experiment of self determined liberty, of taking my life or my guns will be as high as I can make it.

So, that being said, we are a very long way from there, and it's best to stop with the red dawn chairbourne commando fantasies, and start with the political awareness and activism to prevent that all from ever happening.

The further we keep it from the brink, the better the odds of all of us dying happily of extreme old age are.

Our opponents would increment us towards that brink, we must be vigilant, resist every step, and increment away from the brink at every opportunity.

REOIV
May 2, 2008, 12:03 PM
Confiscation won't happen anytime soon I could see it happening in 100 years or so though as more and more people grow up not understanding fire arms and just believing what sensationalist media tells them.

What with all the bad press bayonet lugs, flash hiders and barrel shrouds get.

The Tourist
May 2, 2008, 12:08 PM
If that time ever comes, my heart will be concerned about other things.

As you know, I have never been a soldier, but I have lived my entire life in a warm house, free to speak (and even tick you guys off--repeatedly), free to write, free to vote, and free to resist. I do things by the sacrifices people have made, in the extreme, to ensure I can live in this fashion.

If confiscation truly occurs, then this will not be my country. Where will I go, when no place on the entire planet is free?

Mr White
May 2, 2008, 12:32 PM
Don't listen to these clowns. Door to door confiscations are a LOT closer than you think. There is a secret memo floatnig around DC that if Hillary is elected, ALL US troops will be pulled from Iraq immediately and brought back here under UN command for the express purpose of confiscating ALL civillian-owned firearms. They are looking to start this in early April of '09.

The mainstream media is part of the plan and will not disclose any knowledge or report on the existence of this memo. A guy at the gun range where I shoot has a cousin in the CIA in DC who told him about this. He has always been a straight-up guy and has no reason to lie about this, so I believe him.

I'm in the process of building a bunker in the woods behind my house and am stockpiling food, water and ammunition for the planned battle. This is gonna be the big one for sure. If you want to come to PA and take a stand with me, let me know. The bunker should be plenty big enough for another 3 or 4 people.

WOLVERINES!!!!

Picard
May 2, 2008, 12:40 PM
Tourist, right now, this is your country and your obligation is to fight (with words) to keep it as it is. Running away is not an option. I cannot think of a country more free than the U.S. and if there is one, it will eventually fall if the world's superpower ends up falling.

White, there will not be door to door confiscations. If there are, the government can expect nothing short of a revolution, in which the civilians will undoubtedly win due to their sheer number. Is Hillary making plans with the CIA, before entering office? What you say is just conspiracy theory.

I hope that you were joking and that I just didn't catch onto the sarcasm.

kurtmax
May 2, 2008, 12:41 PM
@Mr. White:

Do I detect sarcasm?

Eightball
May 2, 2008, 12:41 PM
Don't listen to these clowns. Door to door confiscations are a LOT closer than you think. There is a secret memo floatnig around DC that if Hillary is elected, ALL US troops will be pulled from Iraq immediately and brought back here under UN command for the express purpose of confiscating ALL civillian-owned firearms. They are looking to start this in early April of '09.

The mainstream media is part of the plan and will not disclose any knowledge or report on the existence of this memo. A guy at the gun range where I shoot has a cousin in the CIA in DC who told him about this. He has always been a straight-up guy and has no reason to lie about this, so I believe him.

I'm in the process of building a bunker in the woods behind my house and am stockpiling food, water and ammunition for the planned battle. This is gonna be the big one for sure. If you want to come to PA and take a stand with me, let me know. The bunker should be plenty big enough for another 3 or 4 people.

WOLVERINES!!!!I hope you aren't the least bit serious. You're suggesting that I go to Pennsylvania to make my stand? :P

Colt46
May 2, 2008, 12:42 PM
I say let them arrest me and try me for not turning in my firearms.

The Tourist
May 2, 2008, 12:45 PM
Running away is not an option.

I'm not implying it is, I'm just playing out the eventual outcome in my mind.

My house on fire. My wife frightened to death. My dogs dead.

And taking a center-mass firing position on a soldier or police officer that used to be my neighbor.

If that doesn't break your heart, I mean to the point of tears, I don't know any scenario that will. Everything you know and love will be gone into the cinder floating to the ground.

bigdaddydan
May 2, 2008, 12:46 PM
no way ! :fire::fire::fire:
GOD BLESS THE SECOND AMENDMENT
GOD BLESS THE NRA
IF YOUR NOT A MEMBER OF ANY PRO GUN ORGANIZATION YOU NEED TO JOIN EVERYONE YOU CAN AFFORD TO JOIN AND GIVE AS MUCH MONEY AS YOU CAN :evil::evil::evil::evil:

Edited for language content.

Picard
May 2, 2008, 12:48 PM
Tourist, if America falls, you will have nowhere else to go. It sounds like the only option would be to surrender or die fighting. It is a sad scene but what else could you do?

The Tourist
May 2, 2008, 12:54 PM
Tourist, if America falls, you will have nowhere else to go. It sounds like the only option would be to surrender or die fighting.

Oh, I agree. I just don't think we have played out the idea to its full magnitude.

I have heard the figure that in the event of confiscation, out 10% of the gun owners will fight back. I believe that, most of us are not trained soldiers, cops or mercenaries. We have wives and children. The 'boomers are of retirement age. Not much of a "Red Dawn" style army.

But let's figure low. Suppose only half of those people resisted.

They claim that there are 70 million firearms in America. Let's suppose that's one per each, which it is not.

By that math, we will be experiencing 3.5 million running gun battles on our streets. Americans killing Americans.

That's a palatable option?

IllHunter
May 2, 2008, 12:59 PM
I read where you wrote that you had never served but acknowledge that you enjoy your freedom as a grace from the actions of those who serve or served. Can you try and put your self in the place of those who stand and serve. How many will refuse to comply with orders directly against the Constitution. Surely not all, just as surely some. The military would be reticent to fire on Americans. Although NOPD and others moved to take guns in N.O. if it happened on a larger scale (and it must) it would be defeated by those who are paying attention. If you don't know many gun owners, shooters, veterans and solid citizens, try and meet some ftf. Establish trust and respect and you may be bouyed and sustained by the power that comes from being part of the "Brotherhood of Arms". I might also suggest "salting away" as they might take some but they will never get all.

Picard
May 2, 2008, 12:59 PM
No, that's terrible, but it wouldn't be Americans shooting just anyone. It would be Americans fightings the soldiers that would try and take them out. I'm sure that many of the soldiers would also join "our" side.

Hunter summed it up nicely.

EricTheBarbarian
May 2, 2008, 01:01 PM
Wolverines!!!

K3
May 2, 2008, 01:02 PM
There is a secret memo floatnig around DC that if Hillary is elected

It's not a secret anymore though... :D

ZeSpectre
May 2, 2008, 01:02 PM
I'm sure that many of the soldiers would also join "our" side.

I wouldn't be so confident of that.

fletcher
May 2, 2008, 01:03 PM
Americans killing Americans.
They cease to be American when they shred the most American thing we have - the Constitution.

The Tourist
May 2, 2008, 01:04 PM
How many will refuse to comply with orders

I know that, I just didn't say it.

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that brigs everywhere will be packed and soldiers will be ripping off their uniforms.

My answer to the post was simply to ask our members to not simply reply, but to think about their lives without enumerated rights.

But be assured of one thing. If I only do one thing for charity, as long as I draw breath, it will be as a volunteer for vets. In fact, I'm making peace with myself and checking my courage for the crush of new vets I will have to witness as the Iraq war closes.

ArmedBear
May 2, 2008, 01:05 PM
geek is right on, on all counts.

Some of us have direct links to those who suffered and/or died under tyranny. Some of us would see this confiscation as the prelude to something so horrible that there'd be no benefit to acquiescing. Europe, 1938, would it have been better to die on your feet and maybe save another, or to go and die in the camps?

I think most Americans are fat, lazy slobs who wouldn't bother to resist anything other than making the SuperBowl pay-per-view. But as Tourist says, it doesn't take that many to make for a real mess.

As far as "Americans killing Americans" though, that's not what I'd call it, if it came to that. And I figure our best hope WRT the military is that there are enough people in it who would turn their rifles on their officers rather than obey a command to fight American citizens. I really don't know how many would. Some would; I just hope there would be enough.

WayneConrad
May 2, 2008, 01:05 PM
Write letters to your representatives, not fantasies on here.

If you don't have the stomach for politics, you sure as heck don't have the stomach for war. The good thing is, if you engage in vigorous politics and get others doing the same, you have the best chance of preventing war from ever happening. So get to it!

The revolutionary soldiers we are so proud of, and which some of us are so eager to emulate? They engaged in politics on a scale we can only dream of, for decades before the fighting ever started.

fletcher
May 2, 2008, 01:06 PM
Write letters to your representatives, not fantasies on here.
+1

The Tourist
May 2, 2008, 01:16 PM
As far as "Americans killing Americans" though, that's not what I'd call it, if it came to that.

As you know, I worked at Master Lock in Milwaukee during my college years. Most of my co-workers were WWII vets, and the Vietnam war was raging. My first year of employment there saw the Tet Offensive.

One day over lunch, one of the older guys took me aside and shared his heartfelt opinion on the Vietnam War, and all wars.

Most of Milwaukee is German, in fact, I am mostly German and Polish truth be told. At the time of WWII, Milwaukee had the biggest Bund organizations in the war.

My co-worker told me of his last conversation with his mother as he left for boot camp in the early 1940's.

He told me she said, "If you are stationed in Germany, and you see a cousin over your rifle sights, just pull the trigger..."

At that time, his war had been over for almost 25 years, and he said her words still haunted him.

There will be American soldiers who participate in confiscation. There will be American citizens who fight back.

And there will be Americans looking over gunsights who pull the trigger.

IllHunter
May 2, 2008, 01:19 PM
but step one in the process. If you want step two,get up and go to a meeting of government, of gun owners or of some social cause you espouse. There, your ACTIONs will effect the tide. Continuing involvement will increase your effect and you will figure out those with you and those against. You can take step three by acting in a leadership role, organizing and devoting more time and effort to increase your effect. If a butterfly flapping it's wing in Japan can cause a hurricane in the Atlantic, then my writing, calling, marching, speaking can change the world.JMHO:D

jfountain2
May 2, 2008, 01:37 PM

How do you know this "memo" isn't some secret plant from the Obama camp, put out just to get 2A defenders to not vote for her... not that we would anyway.

Jorg Nysgerrig
May 2, 2008, 01:45 PM
Oh, Mr. White, you know better than to post such things. Some of the less savvy members will think you are serious and start passing this along at gun shows.

takhtakaal
May 2, 2008, 02:09 PM

WOLVERINES!!!!

I hope you aren't the least bit serious. You're suggesting that I go to Pennsylvania to make my stand? :P

He's entirely serious. Could you stop at a Burger King on your way here??

rdhood
May 2, 2008, 02:25 PM
Guns? What guns? that... and I've lived long enough on this earth to die for the freedom of my children.

If I were to get caught in a New Orleans style confiscation, I'd give them up and sue later. If I thought this was the end of the Constitution as we know (knew) it, then I'd do my part to see that the next generation gets off to a good start.

The Tourist
May 2, 2008, 02:33 PM
Rdhood, what would consider "the tipping point"?

Mr White
May 2, 2008, 03:17 PM
There is a secret memo floatnig around DC that if Hillary is elected

It's not a secret anymore though... :D

Dooh!

Oh, Mr. White, you know better than to post such things. Some of the less savvy members will think you are serious and start passing this along at gun shows. I know. Ain't misinformation fun?

Cyclimus
May 2, 2008, 03:34 PM
This seems to be turning into a SHTF thread and I smell thread lock in 3.... 2... 1...

41magsnub
May 2, 2008, 03:53 PM
Does the OP feel at all like some anti trying to spur up the crazy talk on here to anyone else?

yokel
May 2, 2008, 06:19 PM
Is it not our sacred right and duty to resist tyranny and oppression?

This is not to say that hunting game for the family dinner, or defending against personal dangers, were not anticipated uses for firearms, particularly on the frontier. But these things are not the real purpose of the Second Amendment.

bogie
May 2, 2008, 06:41 PM
Isn't this the thread where everyone thumps their chest, and announces things like "from my cold dead hands," but in other threads, where you are talking about ways to head off The Day of Confiscation, they want to just slide on by?

Jdude
May 2, 2008, 06:42 PM
This (http://www.thehighroad.org/forumdisplay.php?f=46) is where we will win the war.

Jdude
May 2, 2008, 06:43 PM
Isn't this the thread where everyone thumps their chest, and announces things like "from my cold dead hands," but in other threads, where you are talking about ways to head off The Day of Confiscation, they want to just slide on by?
Oh I forgot.
Awaawaawaa! Tarzan! ;)

blackcash88
May 2, 2008, 07:04 PM
I'll happily turn over my guns... With smoking barrels and my dead body lying in a friggin' HUGE pile of brass.

mccook8
May 2, 2008, 07:08 PM
By that math, we will be experiencing 3.5 million running gun battles on our streets.

Not exactly. They're most likely to happen in homes, rather than on the streets. And, they wouldn't all be happening simultaneously.

If it ever comes to pass, mass confiscations will be merely one (albeit very important) symptom of a much deadlier disease -- totalitarianism.

...at which point all of us face a grim choice indeed:

- to die individually and alone, in one of those (brief) 3.5 million gun battles

or

- to die alongside others who chose not to resist, en masse, as has occurred following every previous mass weapons confiscation in recorded history.

Claude Clay
May 2, 2008, 07:45 PM
come for my guns, i give them the gps of the tragic boating accident--lost everything ;)

ConstitutionCowboy
May 2, 2008, 07:59 PM
The way I see it, if confiscation starts, it's too late to call your representatives. The time for calling(writing, etc.) is before the confiscation. Confiscation is the end of the mere infringements and the beginning of the end of freedom. I'd like to nip it in the infringements before it gets to a fight for freedom.

I don't want to die, but I'd much rather die a free man than live with the guilt of not doing anything to preserve freedom - no matter what it may take.

Woody

Look at your rights and freedoms as what would be required to survive and be free as if there were no government. If that doesn't convince you to take a stand and protect your inalienable rights and freedoms, nothing will. If that doesn't convince you to maintain your personal sovereignty, you are already someone else's subject. If you don't secure your rights and freedoms to maintain your personal sovereignty now, it'll be too late to come to me for help when they come for you. I will already be dead because I had to stand alone. B.E.Wood

blackcash88
May 2, 2008, 07:59 PM
come for my guns, i give them the gps of the tragic boating accident--lost everything

Claude, you'd be phucked in CT if you did that. You do realize there's a 72 hour report limit "from the time you should have known" when the firearms were lost/stolen, don't you?

"Public Act 07-163 requires all gun owners to report lost or stolen firearms to their local law enforcement agency. If your town does not have an organized local police department, the report should be made to the state police troop having jurisdiction for the town. The report must be made within 72 hours of when you discovered or should have discovered the loss or theft."

http://www.cagv.org/

What would you do it they took you up on that GPS lat/long of your boating "accident" and they found nothing. Trust me, in this libtard POS socialist state, they'll have your balls on a silver platter.

blackcash88
May 2, 2008, 08:03 PM
deleted...double tap

p2000sk
May 3, 2008, 05:20 AM
If...
that's some dark thoughts.
How about some new magazines to smooth this over?
Maybe some "double buying" of other expendables too.

45Badger
May 3, 2008, 07:30 AM

WOLVERINES!!!!

Too funny!:D

I smell "Operation Chaos".............

Treo
May 3, 2008, 10:31 AM
I wonder how much impact would be made if everyone that was participating in this thread wrote a letter to John McCain expressing their concern about the gun confiscations happening right now at Cavalry Arms?

Nightwing
May 3, 2008, 10:43 AM
HAven't seen this yet. I'm amazed nobody's posted it yet!!!

Don't be worried about your guns. Be worried about ammo. If you're that worried, stock up or buy reloading equipment.

TexasRifleman
May 3, 2008, 10:43 AM
There is a secret memo floatnig around DC that if Hillary is elected, ALL US troops will be pulled from Iraq immediately and brought back here under UN command for the express purpose of confiscating ALL civillian-owned firearms. They are looking to start this in early April of '09.

Doesn't matter, the world is ending in August anyway.

If we're gonna go all conspiracy theorist we gotta go all the way......

“Will the world end later this year? In mid-August, in a chamber deep underneath the Swiss-French border, physicists will switch on a machine that might produce the first man-made black holes. Normally only found in outer space, these high-gravity objects have a reputation for devouring all matter in their vicinity — and they only stop when the food runs out. Could the Earth's first black hole also end up being its last, after it sucks in the chamber, the physicists, and the entire planet?”

http://www.fourwinds10.com/siterun_data/science_technology/new_technologies_and_inventions/news.php?q=1208745351

Now back to reality. The reality is that Creeping Incrementalism is the real danger. A city ordinance here, a state law there, eventually it just goes away.

There is no NEED of throwing some confiscation light switch when it's slowly eroding anyway.

The real work is to make sure those creeping changes stop and even reverse. We are right on the edge of that I believe and in a pretty good position to make it go our way. Work on that and leave the aliens and world ending to others. There's plenty of them :)

vito
May 3, 2008, 11:36 AM
Mass confiscation is more than highly unlikely. But gradual confiscation is a real threat. If a law were passed that anyone with a certain level of misdeameanor conviction could no longer own a gun, most gun owners would shrug and think, "I've never been convicted of anything, so I don't have to worry". If anyone who has an ex-spouse of girlfriend seek a restraining order, and if this were a basis for losing the right to own a gun, most gun owners would shrug and say, "I've never had a restraining order against me, so I don't have to worry". When the government then passes a law that says people with really poor vision are too great a risk to allow to own firearms, or those who have a relative in the home with any mental or emotional illness, or those who don't have a steel safe for gun storage, etc., etc, ... well, you can see where I am going. Many of these reasons are already on the books of some states as reasons to restrict firearm ownership, and some of these reasons are working their way into law (at least here in Illinois). This is the way we will lose our gun rights, and since it will happen incrementally, there will be no uprising of the population, no hue and cry from the citizenry, only meek submission to avoid being arrested and incarcerated one by one. Then one day we wake up and find we are in the same boat with the British; unarmed and even prohibited from defending ourselves, and totally dependent upon the government to protect us. I'm a veteran, a 2nd Amendment supporter, and I'm getting old. My own grown children (at least some of them) would likely think that such gradual confiscation is a good thing, being victims of the liberal pro-government mentality. I have a pro-gun Congressman, and pro-gun State Senator and State Representative, but none of them have any power in a Democrat controlled liberal U.S. House of Representatives and Democrat controlled State legislature. I'll keep up the good fight, but fear it will be for naught.

ctdonath
May 4, 2008, 09:20 AM
what would consider "the tipping point"?
"Is it time yet, Claire?"

Good question, and I finally found a good answer recently:

When you step out your front door with rifle in hand, and you see your neighbors doing the same, it's time.

neviander
May 4, 2008, 11:39 AM
mass confiscation as a state or federal general policy is massively unlikely in our lifetimes, and there will be plenty of obvious warning before then.
What if a nuke goes off in downtown N.Y, or D.C. or Houston, or L.A., or all of them at once? This is not an entirely out of the question scenario and if something like that happens, what would be the likelihood of Uncle Sam getting nervous and trying to take all but pitchforks and torches away from the pleebs?

As I often remind people, truth is stranger than fiction.

Our government continues to overstep it's bounds more and more everyday. If we don't face some sort of devastating loss from a terrorist attack, then yeah, I seriously doubt any moron, even liberal moron, will try a gun grab legislatively any time soon.

yokel
May 4, 2008, 12:19 PM
I would submit that the infringements have already become definite and systematic.

All those who still evince an awed deference towards the halo of omnipotence and invincibility of their government, and are truly dumbfounded by the fear of it's retaliation, ought to seriously consider contacting their nearest police station forthwith to arrange for a voluntary surrender of arms.

ConstitutionCowboy
May 4, 2008, 01:09 PM
"Knowing the past, I'll not surrender any arms and march less prepared into the future." B.E.Wood

What if a nuke goes off in downtown N.Y, or D.C. or Houston, or L.A., or all of them at once? This is not an entirely out of the question scenario and if something like that happens, what would be the likelihood of Uncle Sam getting nervous and trying to take all but pitchforks and torches away from the pleebs?

The likelihood is demonstrably high. New Orleans comes to mind. I would consider such an act by those in power to be an act of aiding and abetting our enemy by stripping us of the means to repel an invasion - a treasonous act. Since there is no court in this land over such people to stop such an act - not punish the perpetrators later, mind you, but STOP such an act, it would be up to we the people to stop it with more prejudice than would be used against us to disarm us.

Any such act by our own people in our government would be more dastardly than any act of our attackers.

Woody

Our government was designed by our Founding Fathers to fit within the framework of our rights and not vise versa. Any other "interpretation" of the Constitution is either through ignorance or is deliberately subversive. B.E. Wood

Just Jim
May 4, 2008, 01:23 PM
The constant test of what will Americans do if government tries to take away the guns is in history.

NewYork has strict gun control and still there are alot of guns used in crime. Same with DC and Chicago.

They assualted a compound in Waco Texas over guns and killed 80 men women and childeren. They grabed the guns of people in NO who were trying to defend themselves.

The future will be decided by the Supreme Court this summer. If they say people can own guns then you will be able to untill those in the court are changed into liberals.

If the court says no then look for a wave of repression that will last for years.

jj

The Tourist
May 4, 2008, 01:39 PM
no...then look for a wave of repression

I don't believe that. Look at how many decades we have had the abortion issue.

Now, I want you to read what I am about to say carefully. Too many people either read what they want, or try to re-define a postulate by twisting it.

No matter what this nation decides on the gun issue, America has lost the fire-in-the-belly to actually close the deal.

Look at our rallying cry for adventurism--"No more Vietnams!" Then look where our military is. We swapped jungle for sand.

We've had Sullivan Acts, assault weapons laws, limits to magazine capacity, terry stops, the 1958 Switchblade Act, and the 1934 legislation on dangerous weapons (by definition.)

And yet, next to my morning latte' and my cell phone, I have three items that were illegal at one time or another in history. (That's a disclaimer for all of you legal-eagle nervous nellies.)

Why? Why am I not clapped in irons and tossed into the brig? I know every police officer within ten miles--some of them have been in my home--many of them are clients. My cutlery license not withstanding, I don't even bother to check my coffee table for anything when they come to the door.

There is a very good reason.

Is my high-cap magazine really going to turn the tide of crime? Is my Microtech going to make me seethe and eat human brains? Yikes, my plastic brass knuckles are a drink coaster for Pete's sake!

While it would break my heart to see my country torn apart (as father-against-son during the Vietnam war) I don't think Hillbama or any other liberal has the cajones to do anything but shake paper and talk tough.

Big45
May 4, 2008, 01:42 PM
Wow this one is still going? Kudos to whoever started this hour's confiscation thread...

bogie
May 4, 2008, 01:49 PM
Godwin! Someone used the "A" word!

The real work is to make sure those creeping changes stop and even reverse. We are right on the edge of that I believe and in a pretty good position to make it go our way.

What gets me is that a lot of "gunnies" don't seem to want to do grass-roots activism, which is probably the -most- effective method of saying large-scale public opinion.

JWarren
May 4, 2008, 01:52 PM
Bog,

Godwin! Someone used the "A" word!

For those of us that are idiots, could you please give us a quick run-down on what the "Godwin" reference is. I think I have an idea from other threads, but help me out here.

I don't like to make assumptions-- after all, we know what they makes me. :)

Thanks my friend!

-- John

bogie
May 4, 2008, 02:07 PM
Godwin's Law...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law

Funny, I remember it as also including subject such as abortion...

At any rate...

The Tourist
May 4, 2008, 02:13 PM
Godwin's Law...

When it comes to laws and liberals, I think "Occam's Razor" is a better debating point.

I should also point out that this concept also surmises that "the most stupid and simple choice" is probably the one that will be chosen.

Just Jim
May 4, 2008, 03:16 PM
I don't think Hillbama or any other liberal has the cajones to do anything but shake paper and talk tough.

I wonder if the people in Waco thought the same thing when Bill and Hillary sent in their minions to murder them?? Let me add that the Constitution is paper and has been waved since the begining of this country but still city and state governments have made it illegal to have guns.

jj

bogie
May 4, 2008, 03:27 PM
At any rate, anti-gun organizations are shifting their tactics, and pro-gun folks seem to want to do things the way they always have.

We are very difficult, as a group, to educate.

Rachen
May 4, 2008, 03:57 PM
I don't think Hillbama or any other liberal has the cajones to do anything but shake paper and talk tough.

Never underestimate our enemies. Especially these two. Both of them are extremely power hungry, and would resort to doing ANYTHING to bring themselves into the highest level of the pyramid of American society. If it even means using violence and stomping on the Constitution to achieve their means, THEY WILL DO IT.

I am saying this because I live in an area that is filled with "liberals" who are extreme, almost fanatical about gaining power, and everything that comes with it. They can care less about another person's well being.
Politics in New York City are filled with fraud and lies. Meanwhile, the people are too engrossed in their entertainment and music and Myspace to notice anything.

Just visit Lower Manhattan, and you will get a sense of the predatory atmosphere there. Lots and lots of wealthy and powerful businessmen, corporation magnates, and politicians who support total gun control and UN domination. Also lots and lots of ego talk as well. More than once I heard these supposedly "educated" folk talk about how the "rednecks" of the inner country are not even human and their farmland have to be exploited and industrialized for the "economic good of the nation". On the IRT 4 express train. On the Broadway local R. On the Sea Beach Express N. More than once I have heard extremely insulting and violent ego talk. Especially that "redneck" conversation. If you were here to listen to it, you would find it extremely unnerving and frightening. And no tin-foil hat is needed to find the underlying roots of mass assimilation and totalitarianism here.

"We are the Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your ships now. You will be assimilated. Your technological and intellectual wealth will be incorporated to further empower our civilization. Resistance is futile". Get the point?

These people can care less if they bulldoze half the country away for their own economic gain. After all, they think that as long as THEY are not the ones suffering, they don't have to give a flying f*ck about anything.

All I can say is that if our wives and children are shivering with fright while they are waiting for the trucks that will transport them to the camps, there is no other choice left but to fight, bitterly. There is no such thing as a fair fight when survival of our loved ones and our beloved country is at stake. And guns are only just one type of tool. It is probably the most misused and misunderstood tool in human society. When the Chinese Communist Resistance engaged the Japanese imperialists, they used the raw power of the steel blade to such a terrifying effect, that the Japanese rather engage guerilla units armed with firearms than with units armed with the Da Dao (Chinese broadsword). My grand uncle, during the Battle of Pingxingguan in 1938, personally hacked 25 Japanese soldiers to death and captured 2 light squad machine guns and 4 chests filled with 7 mm ammunition.

And to anybody that may be looking at this thread and using it as an excuse to call us "crazy redneck right wing extremists" or what ever, let me say this. If your country, your home, and your loved ones are in danger, you will fight against that danger, that is, if you are real men. Otherwise, you would be just.......well.......foolish.
The Jews at Auschwitz, even when they were confronted with certain death, knew that it is better to die fighting rather than continuing to submit and be meekly herded into the gas chambers. instead, in the winter of 1944, they took up arms and obliterated many of their murderers. Just that sudden and unexpected resistance was enough to convince the SS to flee and leave behind all the undestroyed documents and records of the mass murder for the world to see.
After all, we are defending our nation's Constitution and our Bill Of Rights. More than 200 years ago, over 25,000 men lost their lives to give us these documents. And now, we have individuals who are willing to trash these documents and stomp all over them. It's too bad that we have the First Amendment. Because in an ideal United States of America, you["liberals" and celebrity trash and the like] would have been charged with first degree treason. If our Founding Fathers realized that the First Amendment would be used to defend scumbags such as gangsta rappers and porn pushers, there would have been no First Amendment at all, or it would have been worded differently.

bogie
May 4, 2008, 04:08 PM
I think the first objective should be to cut transportation routes to cities. See how they do without the flyover country people feeding them.

But hey, that's a last resort. Right now, folks should be engaging in LOCAL grass roots efforts. Like bothering stores that put up "No Guns" signs. That's local. It's simple. It's something that one person can do, or if you want help, you can ask at any of several internet forums for folks to contact corporate management, etc.

Just not at THR.

rdhood
May 4, 2008, 05:02 PM
Rdhood, what would consider "the tipping point"?

That's hard to say. I'd like to think I know it when I see it. I wouldn't give up my life because some mayor and his over zealous police force started confiscations for which they were subsequently reprimanded and sued out of existence. But, incrementalism might force one to fight at some innocuous point along the way.. the point at which no no longer see any possibility of an optimistic outcome. Each person will see that at a different point.

The Tourist
May 4, 2008, 06:47 PM
shake paper and talk tough...I wonder if the people in Waco

That's a very good example of my point.

The only thing Slick Willie did with his testicles, besides show Monica his cigar collection, was beat up on a few dozen housewives, and even that took him 51 days. And when the bodies started to pile up, he shoved the blame off on the only one of his staff who didn't officially have any testoterone, Janet Reno.

And by "paper" I mean anti-gun legislation. Was any one saved by the high-cap restrictions or "assault rifle" commotion? Diane Feinstein couldn't even point out changes she made on ARs when one was handed to her on camera.

As I've told you, my Dad called these guys "rough, tough cream puffs." Hillbama cannot even contain his minister. What's he going to do with veterans, working cowboys, the NRA, and tens of thousands of bikers?

Can you outline a "dirty trick" style piece of legislation spearheaded by a hostile liberal body of lawmakers that would change the manner in which we live by one iota? I mean, beside harsh language telling everyone I'm a bad boy.

Rachen
May 4, 2008, 06:55 PM
That's a very good example of my point.

The only thing Slick Willie did with his testicles, besides show Monica his cigar collection, was beat up on a few dozen housewives, and even that took him 51 days. And when the bodies started to pile up, he shoved the blame off on the only one of his staff who didn't officially have any testoterone, Janet Reno.

The Clintonistas committed multiple human rights violations during their rule, and it is not just Waco we are talking about here, of course, Waco was the most serious of the crimes against humanity committed by the Clintonistas. In 1996, Bill Clinton paroled 16 EXTREMELY DANGEROUS FEDERAL PRISONERS AT THE SAME TIME HE WAS AT A RALLY IN D.C. PUSHING FOR MORE GUN CONTROL. These prisoners range from hard core drug thugs and murderers to child rapists and psychopathic killers. They were all sentenced to either life in prison or the death penalty. Indeed, some of them were ALREADY on death row when their untimely paroles were signed by the treasonous Clinton.
And because of a simple flick of a pen, 16 armed, dangerous, and extremely violent repeat offenders are back out on the streets.

The Tourist
May 4, 2008, 07:12 PM
Rachen,

I did not know about those issues, and thank you for highlighting them.

But as for laws which have a true, palpable impact on our lives, have you ever really been hampered by liberal legislation?

During the "high cap" fiasco, I bought all of the magazines I wanted. Even AK 30-round magazines were sold in my area for about nine dollars. I think the most I ever, ever paid for a high-cap was 35 bucks to get another SW magazine direct from the factory.

In fact, my current AR was built during that period.

With liberals, they pass a law, it fails, they pass another law, it fails...

By the best guess we have 22,000 gun laws on the books, and if the Bloods and the Crips wanted to duke it this afternoon with fully automatic weapons they would order them by cell-phone.

In fact, when I want a new rifle, I tell my wife to hold dinner for twenty minutes, I run down to The Ammo Box and buy what I want. I never think of Hillbama, or Chuckie Schumer, or Diane Feinstein...

The only real challenge to this is sending the Army. American against American. Frankly, I'm getting tired of their meaningless ranting.

Daemon688
May 4, 2008, 07:21 PM
I saw blue helmets outside my door today. :what: Does that mean IANSA won? :uhoh:

ctdonath
May 4, 2008, 07:22 PM
Observation on Waco & Ruby Ridge:
Heavily armed & trained teams of government agents violently assaulted a few citizens who, to their surprise, shot back.
The gov't didn't try that again for 15 years.
Think about it.

ctdonath
May 4, 2008, 07:27 PM
In fact, when I want a new rifle, I tell my wife to hold dinner for twenty minutes, I run down to The Ammo Box and buy what I want.
Go buy an M4.
A new one.
With the third selector position.

It's just the standard-issue rifle for our military, exactly what the Founding Fathers had in mind when they wrote the 2nd Amendment, so you shouldn't have any problems getting and owning one - right?

Rachen
May 4, 2008, 07:33 PM
The only real challenge to this is sending the Army. American against American. Frankly, I'm getting tired of their meaningless ranting.

When an American puts on steel toed jackboots and begins to stomp and tear apart our Constitution, he ceases to be an American, as quoted by Fletcher.

In fact, when I want a new rifle, I tell my wife to hold dinner for twenty minutes, I run down to The Ammo Box and buy what I want. I never think of Hillbama, or Chuckie Schumer, or Diane Feinstein...

Thats why activism on our side is so important. If we slip, like we did back in 1964, and have our enemies stick a knife into our side when we are caught sleeping again, our nation and people will be facing some serious turmoil down the road.
Of course, we are talking about resistance and preserving the Constitution, of course we must talk about such issues even though it is very complicated, who wants war? Nobody in their right mind wants war, and therefore, the more we participate in activism and grassroots activities, the more we can influence our politicians to uphold the United States Constitution and therefore, in the future, we wouldn't find ourselves stuck in the middle of a steel jawed predatory mouth, ready to crush us.

As for being hampered by liberal legislation, of course I have been hampered by them. I live in NYC, and here, your right to self defense has literally been stripped and humiliated, however, the crime rate in NYC is soaring just like usual, with more and more violence happening daily. Just look at our local newspapers a month ago. A Chinese graduate student from Columbia University was killed by a car as he ran across the street fleeing from two assailants. Charlton Heston, our great hero and father figure, also passed away on the same day. HOWEVER, all of the city's newspapers rather post an article about a pregnant transvestite on their frontpage! This is the UTTER DISREGARD FOR HUMAN LIFE EXHIBITED BY THOSE WHO RUN THE CITY.
I am glad that I have property on Long Island too, and I can keep my firearms there. I only live in NYC for easy commuting to and from school. Hopefully I will be back on the railroad job, and I can spend more time living somewhere I am satisfied with.

What the liberals are doing is not "crime control". it is "gun control", pure and undiluted.
When gun control is implemented as an attempt to cut down on violent crime, it would have been realized, from the onset, that it does not work. And immediately, the legislators will repeal the gun control laws, and implement strategies THAT WORK, such as Right To Carry programs.
HOWEVER, when gun control policies are implemented, and instead of being repealed when it is found that they do not work at cutting down crime at all, instead the legislator passes MORE gun restrictions, it is a sign of repression. Evidently the legislator is basically using each violent crime as a chance to implement more gun control laws. Sometimes, it is not a direct example of fascism, but more of money. Being a cop is a job too, and when crime rates have dropped so low that fewer police officers are necessary, police jobs will dwindle, and people will lose jobs. HOWEVER, more gun control means citizens not able to defend themselves, thus will lead to MORE crime, and MORE need for police officers. Therefore, gun control is implemented so it will keep police employed. See the logic here? It may sound sick and disturbed, but THIS IS EXACTLY HOW THE TREND IN LARGE CITIES HAVE BEEN over the past few decades.
Evidenty, the liberals are discarding their regard for human life in favor of keeping more police jobs available. This is another example of how liberals are extremely selfish and have utter disregard for human life.

The Tourist
May 4, 2008, 07:34 PM
Go buy an M4. A new one. With the third selector position.

It's just the standard-issue rifle for our military, exactly what the Founding Fathers had in mind when they wrote the 2nd Amendment, so you shouldn't have any problems getting and owning one - right?

Ya' know, you're absolutely right.

In fact, the rhetoric has gotten so ridiculous during the past year that I would probably have more trouble buying one in anodized purple than in black.

ctdonath
May 4, 2008, 07:37 PM
What's that supposed to mean?
You buy one, you get caught, you go to jail for a long time.

meef
May 4, 2008, 07:40 PM
I was confiscated really badly once.

Oh man, now that's painful!!

:what:

Fortunately it passed and I felt much better afterwards.

:cool:

::I just love this type of thread..::

The Tourist
May 4, 2008, 07:45 PM
What's that supposed to mean?

There was a story earlier in the year criticizing hobbyists for anodizing their rifles in various candy colors, like reds and purples.

The liberal thinking on the issue was that children would think these rifles were toys.

I meant to joke that a liberal might be more mad at me for a purple machine gun than a black one.

http://webdocs.nyccouncil.info/textfiles/Int%200365-2006.htm?CFID=4253&CFTOKEN=13543578

Rachen
May 4, 2008, 07:53 PM
Observation on Waco & Ruby Ridge:
Heavily armed & trained teams of government agents violently assaulted a few citizens who, to their surprise, shot back.
The gov't didn't try that again for 15 years.
Think about it.

There was yet another unintended consequence as a result of the Clintonistas' violent suppression of human rights. During the Clintonista era, the militia movement reached it's peak. Although the militias were long denounced by the liberal media as "right wing nuts and extremists in the name of the Constitution", between the years of 1992 and 2000, they reached to a point of several million participants. Also, running right parallel to this, the NRA reached it's peak levels of membership during these years. Right after the election of President Bush, the numbers of NRA participation dropped...again, to it's former number before the Clintonistas, about 4 million members, the same number as we have today.

mewachee
May 4, 2008, 09:12 PM
If you like conspiracy theories, Mr. White sound like an undercover fed fishing for extremists.

I believe the way to do away with guns is like the old adage, "How do you cook a live frog. Put in a pot of cold water, then turn the temp slowly until boiling." The frog won't fight to get out. This may be a conspiracy theory, but I think this is in effect on guns.

First California laws will continue to spread throughout the U.S., because Californians are to afraid to fight for their rights. Why is it that they leave California for some where with less crime, lower taxes, better schools and better over all life style; and then they become a part of the local politics to make where they now live like California. Sorry for the rant, anyway then California will ban private ownership and the rest of the country will follow. Somewhere in all of this, the White House will be move to California as well.

After all of this, a war will begin using an poorly arm militia with rusty turkey muskets... Sorry, sounds like a war for independence. That one took about a century as well to finally start.

birdbustr
May 4, 2008, 09:28 PM
Mr.White, I mean Rusty Shackelford, I mean Dale Gribble. HAHA.

The military are obligated to follow "all lawful orders" and "to uphold the Constitution of the United States of America".

To tell me to go out and Confiscate firearms doesn't sound to me like a lawful order or upholding the Constitution of the United States. I would expect that much of the military would feel the same way. I wouldn't worry about the military just following any and every order like robots. We can and must think for ourselves too. Just like everyone else we are responsible for our actions as individuals. The military is not just one GIANT tool of the government.

Just Jim
May 5, 2008, 12:09 AM
ERRRR AHHH wasn't it US tanks that launched the attack on Waco????

jj

Wildfire
May 5, 2008, 12:34 AM
Hey There;
These things that happened in our past should not have. They should never happen again. We are to blame for allowing these things to happen.
Had an army of armed citizens showed up from behind the Waco killers things may have been much different.
has nothing to do with what they may or may not have been guilty of. We will never know that now. There was no Trial. The media judged them and we all fell for it. The media can and will demonize any one they want to. This will include you and me if guns were to be out lawed. They know how has them by registration , another trap we fell into. The list would come out of the closet so fast .... More then likely little blue uniforms would be involved.
But then again, as I said we would by then have been so demonized our own troops may have some part in this also. We know our police forces would. Hope like crazy your neighbor is not a cop. The good ones would quite their jobs fast. The others would go for it. I am very sure my gun owners would drop out. History always repeats it self. I won't mention any names so we don't get locked down . But if our powers to be are looking for a fight they just may get one. The fact is the 2A is not the only right they are after.
Your 1st, 2nd, 5th and so on. Will all come under fire and would be elliminated very fast as you would have no recourse. That is what they are after.
And that is why we have a 2A.

romeo212000
May 5, 2008, 12:42 AM
When you no longer have the 2A, The others are just on loan.

I like the line previously stated.

"Spartans, lay down your weapons."

"Persians, come and get them."

I would likely end up dead in this situation sometime down the road but my ancestors would be better for it. The problem with society as a whole today is too few are willing to die for their rights and beliefs. I am not referring to anyone in here but it is truth and the fact that fully automatic guns are banned now is proof of that.

yokel
May 5, 2008, 12:56 AM
I wouldn't give up my life because some mayor and his over zealous police force started confiscations for which they were subsequently reprimanded and sued out of existence.

It’s best to operate based on the assumption that when one forfeits their guns, they also forfeit their ability to ever regain freedom.

romeo212000
May 5, 2008, 01:10 AM
Well said. Like has been said millions of times before. You can have it when you pry it from my cold dead hands. I will likely end up dead but so will many of others who come after me. Is that a risk your willing to take?

Wildfire
May 5, 2008, 01:34 AM
Hey there;
I am still here. Just 1 of the 3%.

sharpshooter74
May 5, 2008, 01:34 AM
There are those who are basically oblivious to the changing demographics happening nationwide. The Conservative Pro-Gun South where Pro-Gun White Southerners reside, is being transformed rapidly. With the minority populations booming in the South, the Southern states are in danger of quickly losing their 2nd Amendment rights. These minority groups are leaning heavily Democratic, and are staunchly Anti-Gun. With immigration both legal, and illegal, once these people gain citizenship, they'll heavily vote Democratic. Every Pro-Gun state at the present, will fall into the Anti-Gun territory, like a domino effect. The White population is slowing down, aging very quickly. Especially, that of Conservative Pro-Gun Whites. People can ignore what's happening all they want, reality will slap them in the face. People need to read Pat Buchanan's books. He's right on.

Texas.. already a minority majority state like California, just wait until the younger minority population becomes eligible to vote.. you'll see your rights go down the tube..
Georgia.. Whites there are projected to become a minority by 2010.
Tennessee, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virgina, Nevada, Arizona, Colorada, Louisianna, and Florida, are all headed in the same direction. The Hispanic, Black, and Asian population is exploding all over the South. And even in the State of Vermont, and New Hampshire, Anti-gun Liberals and Anti-gun minorities are flooding the area.

When all of these Pro-Gun states flip, to Anti-Gun, believe me, when there are enough of there representation in Congress, they'll repeal the 2nd Amendment. Taken completely off of the Bill of Rights.

A complete confiscation of firearms will happen in my lifetime, and I'm afraid that a majority of gun owners will not even put up a fight.

Wildfire
May 5, 2008, 01:56 AM
Hey there:
We all know what you say is like true. So when it comes to that just move up here and join us. We may make you live up to your handle though.
Just need a little humor in here some where.

bogie
May 5, 2008, 02:10 AM
If it ever comes to confiscation, roughly 40% of THR members will encourage the confiscators, while hoping to keep their personal sidearms hidden.

birdbustr
May 5, 2008, 02:14 AM
Sharpshooter,
While there may be more minorities in the South, the law makers (state representatives and senators) are still largely Republican and white. When I worked at the South Carolina House of Representatives (1995) it was that way and it is still that way.

On the topic of Georgia and black/white I believe that the Blacks surpassed whites long before 2010. If you had ever spent time in Atlanta, Augusta or Savannah you would think so also.
You sound like you have facts to back up your statements, but I would be surprised if you have done little more than pass through the South. I'm not saying that the South is not in danger of becoming anti-gun, everywhere is. But most of the minorities there don't vote, therefore the Democrats are still sorely outnumbered in Government when it comes to making laws. Besides, you would be surprised how many of the minorities have taken up hunting. It sounds like you think the South will be next place to become anti-gun. I firmly disagree and think that if it comes to it the Southern States will be the last to hold out as pro-gun. I don't think in my lifetime or my children.

BTW I was born and raised in South Carolina. My family on my fathers side comes from Georgia.

Travis McGee
May 6, 2008, 10:54 PM
Fmcdh.

Kentak
May 6, 2008, 11:04 PM
To the OP. Relax. None of the things you mentioned is going to happen. You've been listening to too many right-wing/conspiracy/milita type kooks.

K

jeepmor
May 6, 2008, 11:05 PM
People are collectively, very, very dumb. American politics and the public reaction are proof aplenty on both sides.

WayneConrad
May 6, 2008, 11:15 PM
sharpshooter74, You've just made a post blaming the supposed up-and-coming gun confiscation on minorities. You blame Hispanics, blacks, and Asians specifically, and anyone who is not white in general. Where have I heard talk like that before?

These statements are not supportable by facts.

Are you on a different site than you thought you were on? This ain't the Aryan brotherhood.

Big45
May 6, 2008, 11:44 PM
When all of these Pro-Gun states flip, to Anti-Gun, believe me, when there are enough of there representation in Congress, they'll repeal the 2nd Amendment. Taken completely off of the Bill of Rights.

A complete confiscation of firearms will happen in my lifetime, and I'm afraid that a majority of gun owners will not even put up a fight.

I'd wager that there is a minority of gun owners waiting for a "green light."

Rachen
May 7, 2008, 12:04 AM
and Asians specifically

Hey, I am Asian, and there are A LOT MORE Asians than you think who supports the 2nd Amendment dearly.

Now when you talk about the "other ones" being responsible for confiscations, I can agree with you on that, because their street gangs WANT citizens disarmed. It makes them much easier to be preyed upon.

hankdatank1362
May 7, 2008, 12:20 AM
Gun ownership's demise will come slowly and incrementally, not in a door-to-door, JBT rainding, shock and awe, SHTF scenario... no matter how much some of you want it to go down like that.

I'm not saying a little voting from the rooftops may not be neccessary in the distant future...

But for now, do your part by writing your congresscritters and reminding them who they work for and what matters to you.

I bet money you will never see a large scale confiscation in any of our lifetimes. NOLA? Yeah, and it would have been nice to make a stand there, but I mean countrywide.

Indifferent
May 7, 2008, 12:52 AM
There won't be a confiscation.
Gas, Electricity, Ammunition and Water will be so expensive, the government will offer a buy back of ammo and guns to feed third world armies, and help people out economically.

peck1234
May 7, 2008, 12:57 AM
LoL! Just try to picture our government trying to confiscate guns from billions of pro-gun Americans!!!! Id think that they would be a little scared.!!!

Just my 2 cents.... : )

Elza
May 7, 2008, 01:21 AM
bogie: If it ever comes to confiscation, roughly 40% of THR members will encourage the confiscators, while hoping to keep their personal sidearms hidden.And for anyone that doubts what bogie has said: I invite you to look at the “Neanderthal chest-thumping” responses to those that state a willingness to fight for our rights.

mewachee
May 7, 2008, 02:16 AM
People are collectively, very, very dumb. American politics and the public reaction are proof aplenty on both sides.

I don't think they/we are dumb, just ignorant, self serving and lazy.

Most people want to do what is right, they just don't have enough "good" information. I don't think Americans look to far back in history, and don't look to far forward.

They want the band-aid, especially if it effects them personally. For instance, Clinton wants to cut the Fed. gas tax, then she wants the oil companies to pay for it. People think this is really going to work. Today their gas will go down, but they don't understand that tomorrow their gas will cost even more because of it. You want to sell your house, so you raise the price $1,000 and throw in a large tv. People think they are getting a deal.

Gun owners defend their ownership of guns; antis defend the abolishment of guns; usually because they are self serving. Not because their view is just right. I believe this comes from a welfare/big brother society, the antithesis of a self reliant society.

I know, this sounds way off subject, but my point is that Americans aren't dumb when it come to guns. When Americans don't understand something, they try to kill it. When they finally kill it they try to forget it ever existed. If they don't own guns, they don't understand guns, then they don't understand why you want guns, and finally they take yours away.

We may be closer to the last stand than we think, but this last stand is a fight over knowledge and understanding.

zxcvbob
May 7, 2008, 02:22 AM
If it ever comes down to confiscations, I want to go on the record as having never said anything meaningful on the topic either way. :) I suggest y'all do likewise.

(it's a good thing to contemplate privately though, and keep your decisions to yourself.)

mewachee
May 7, 2008, 02:45 AM
zxcvbob, I feel the same way to a certain extent, but the debate is a good one to have. The media isn't helping the situation, so the debate needs to be had in a corner of the internet. However, it's not a good idea to broadcast all of ones collection. That's like broadcasting how much money you keep in your mattress.

One more thing, I think of the citizens of this country and the constitution as married. Yes, they have their up and downs, but if they work on keeping what they had from the beginning, they will be fine.

Picard
May 7, 2008, 02:53 AM
If we keep to ourselves, how can we unite in case this does happen? If they single us out, then we will lose. I'm not going to act all conspiracy theorist thinking that big brother is stalking me, waiting for me to slip up on this forum. I have no doubt that it does happen to certain people but perhaps it is best to speak up so that the government knows what will happen in case they do feel like taking away our rights to keep it from happening in the first place.

EdLaver
May 7, 2008, 03:08 AM
i would think ammo would be more of a concern. All they would have to do is ban selling certain rounds, eventually that would cause more damage than just confiscating guns.

anygunanywhere
May 7, 2008, 10:46 AM
bogie: If it ever comes to confiscation, roughly 40% of THR members will encourage the confiscators, while hoping to keep their personal sidearms hidden.

Elza: And for anyone that doubts what bogie has said: I invite you to look at the “Neanderthal chest-thumping” responses to those that state a willingness to fight for our rights.

Why is it that when anyone expresses their intent to defend their rights they are labelled as "Chest Thumpers" or "Keyboard Commandos".

How is this so much different from stating that they will defend their right to live? How is defending oneself from tyranny any different than defending against crime. Tyranny and crime are both evil.

Should those who are not willing to defend their rights be slammed just as hard?

Is calling those who profess the desire to defend their rights and protect their property from confiscation without due process taking the high road?

I agree that not all will act when the time comes, but don't slam those who say they will. Why not encourage more action, since fear is the only thing that will keep the government at bay. Once the fear is gone the fight is on.

Anygunanywhere

Art Eatman
May 7, 2008, 12:41 PM
This has gone around and around in enough circles for now.

Enuf.

If you enjoyed reading about "If it ever comes to confiscation..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!