Swords, knives and the second amendment

PDA

XD_fan
May 2, 2008, 01:58 AM
I've been thinking about DC vs. Hellyer. I know swords and knives are not part of the case, but they are and have been used as arms much longer than guns. So what does this do to the laws regulating length, auto-openers, etc? Every one is talking about guns but what about the blades?

If you enjoyed reading about "Swords, knives and the second amendment" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Picard
May 2, 2008, 02:14 AM
Are there regulations on types of blades that you can or cannot own? I don't think that blades are much of a concern since much more effective weapons exist. Same thing for bows. I didn't have to go through a background check to buy my hunting bow.

robert garner
May 2, 2008, 12:06 PM
Georgia has a firearms license but NO provision for edged weapons at all!
Any and every civil govt. is able to have its own ordinance, so if your legle here dont expect the same the next town over!
robert

IllHunter
May 2, 2008, 12:57 PM
every catalog I've seen that offers swords etc has state by state and city restrictions too. Don't try and buy a switchblade or stilletto in NYC or Chi.. I would love to know the laws that ban walking with a sheathed long sword, down State Street. I bet 50-1 there is a law.

If you enjoyed reading about "Swords, knives and the second amendment" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!