Bloody hell

PDA

Derek Zeanah
May 2, 2008, 05:50 PM
Well that just sucked.

I'm up in Atlanta messing around with the servers, and I downed the database server by mistake (I brought it down cleanly, but I identified it by the box it was in rather than by the label on it) rather than the vB box.

Then, when it came back up, I got DB errors. Everything looked fine, but I still got db errors. Ended up doing a check/repair/optimize-while-I'm-at-it because I was out of ideas, then I checked e-mail to get a look at the error description.

It was something like "there were too many connection errors, so the database server stopped you from connecting to itself. Run xxxxxxxxxxx to fix it."

Weird.

And that's why we were down. It went from "the servers are a little hot and I'm in Atlanta anyway so I'll take 10 minutes to rearrange them" to SNAFU.

Sorry.

If you enjoyed reading about "Bloody hell" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
PTK
May 2, 2008, 05:51 PM
Odd. At least we're back on! You do a great job. :)

HuntAndFish
May 3, 2008, 12:35 AM
Some days you get the bear, some days... :)

Grandpa Shooter
May 3, 2008, 12:41 AM
Come on, you can admit it. My Lady paid you guys to shut THR down so that I would have to do chores! I'm onto you now. :D

armoredman
May 3, 2008, 12:57 AM
Derek, you do such a fine job maintaining this forum, I can't complain about a momentary oops. Thanks for the work you do, sir.

If you enjoyed reading about "Bloody hell" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!