"In my state..."

PDA

bogie
May 2, 2008, 11:41 PM
Can we nuke anything with those words in it?

Doublenuke if it is Texas or California?

If you enjoyed reading about ""In my state..."" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
markk
May 4, 2008, 07:01 AM
Perhaps we should just be glad that some people realise that laws can differ from state to state. Worse are the folks who think that because it's a law in their state it must be a law everywhere...

rbernie
May 4, 2008, 12:18 PM
Maybe it would be better to encourage more active participation from the other states. ;)

The Tourist
May 4, 2008, 12:42 PM
I think presenting oddities in a home state is a valid criticism. It is a United States, the problem is that the country doesn't operate that way.

I understand the concept of states' rights, and I support it. My problem is that a "nanny mentality" exists for the choices I make as an adult.

I ride without a helmet in Wisconsin. Your state might require it, but why is that forced upon me?

I believe it's time for CCW licencing to mirror drivers' licensing. I can drive in Illinois with a Wisconsin license due to reciprocity. Clearly, my judgement doesn't change at the border.

Discussions on state issues underline that idea.

For example, for one year, Hawaii had a law mandating seat belts on motorcycles.

Wayne G.
May 4, 2008, 01:18 PM
"In my state..."

Can we nuke anything with those words in it?

We can in my state. ;)

nalioth
May 4, 2008, 04:38 PM
C'mon folks.

This phenomenon mostly occurs when Joe NewUser asks "Can I carry a phased array plasma rifle in the 40w range in my pickup truck to the swap meet?".

Joe NewUser usually has not used the forum setup form to put his /her location in their information, so the folks who answer "In my state-" are hoping to answer a fellow resident.

Nothing prideful about it, just trying to help with the information given.

ArfinGreebly
May 5, 2008, 02:11 AM
Doublenuke if it is Texas or California?
Well . . .

Maybe double-secret-nuke.

But we won't be able to tell you, and you'll never actually see it.

scout26
May 9, 2008, 05:21 PM
Sorry Bogie, but that would violate Kirk's First Law of the Errornet:

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=330401

If you enjoyed reading about ""In my state..."" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!