Spanish revolver?

PDA

sheephearder
May 2, 2008, 11:50 PM
I was given a small double action revolver it 5.75 Veledog. It is a center fire and a 22 mag cartridge will chamber. The bore is about 24 cal but the chamber throats are about 22 cal, a 22 bullet is tight in two of them and loose in the other four. I can not see any rifling in the barrel. The revolver looks like a very small nanget. Sorry but I haven't figured out how to post pictures yet. Does any one have any info on the cartridge and gun. based on the bore I wonder if it was for a shot cartridge? :confused:

If you enjoyed reading about "Spanish revolver?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
SDC
May 2, 2008, 11:54 PM
This is likely the cartridge your revolver is chambered for; they're long out of production, and there are no other rounds that are safe to fire in it.

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p22/StaceyC123/55mmVeloDog.jpg

sheephearder
May 3, 2008, 11:46 AM
Thank you for the reply. You are probably right. I don't think I would shoot it if amo were available but it is a interesting gun.:)

If you enjoyed reading about "Spanish revolver?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!