Carbon 15

PDA

mec
January 12, 2003, 06:31 PM
Web site is behaving poorly and I cant lodge an answer to your magazine article sting.
I went out and got the mag and enjoyed your extensive .38 performance table. Like the Remington replica piece too. I e-mailed the editor to tell him how good you are.

If you enjoyed reading about "Carbon 15" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Carbon_15
January 13, 2003, 06:55 PM
Thanks Mec. To be clear, I didn't get to write the article (this time..hint hint), I simply supplied Dan with the raw data. I'm really looking forward to perhaps doing another (pro bono?) project like this in the future. As some of you might know, I'm not the biggest fan of the gun rags, especialy the way they handle "stopping power" or ammunition performance reviews, but I'm a big Dan Johnson fan. I wouldn't trust many gun writers with my reputation. Terminal performance is a touchy subject with many shooters, and its too easy to become know as a 'stopping power' junk-science nut (a la Marshall, Sanow, etc etc etc). Dan did a wonderfull job presenting the data in an open minded way without sounding like commercial for any particular brand or using the 'ol Jan cop-out :evil:

mec
January 13, 2003, 09:26 PM
Now I'm straight. Your're the Ammo guy. I was thinking carbon 15 was a new screen name for Dan Johnson. It was him I promoted to his editor. Good work on your endeavors and keep Dan supplied. I'm all for the Blanche Dubois school of gun writing finding that I am dependent on the kindness of experts also.

Dan is correct about the editorial direction of Handguns and I found the magazine to be jam-packed with good stuff.

Dan Johnson
January 13, 2003, 09:36 PM
Jason (Carbon_15) certainly did the lion's share of the work. Testing a dozen loads is no small task.

Thanks for your kind words to the Editor, Mec. Most folks only write him when they want to complain. :p

Dan Johnson

If you enjoyed reading about "Carbon 15" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!