Can Not Edit Post

PDA

M'bogo
May 5, 2008, 03:16 AM
I can not edit my post. I have tried everything that I know of and also read the FAQs. Nothing is working.

Update - The EDIT button appears here but not in the other forums.

How do I fix the problem?

M'bogo

If you enjoyed reading about "Can Not Edit Post" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Mal H
May 5, 2008, 11:45 AM
You can't edit a post after four days time. We figure that's enough time to get the wording just about perfect. If you really, really, need to have a post edited, PM any moderator who can make the change for you.

robert921
May 6, 2008, 02:26 PM
I've wondered the same thing.
When I sell a firearm, I would prefer to edit the post sold rather than posting again.
When you post, you push someone else down the line or off the page.
Just a suggestion here, but the ability to edit posts after 4 days woud benefit all parties and keep the fresh stuff on page one.

Thanks!

Mal H
May 6, 2008, 03:14 PM
I think we'll leave it at 4 days. The Trading Post forums are not our main forums and the 4 day edit window is more appropriate for the discussion forums. In fact 4 days is a compromise because of the Trading Post, we would make it an even shorter window if it weren't for those forums.

Don't worry at all about bumping your thread if you need to add new or updated info to it.

If you enjoyed reading about "Can Not Edit Post" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!