Beater Gun

PDA

4thHorseman
January 12, 2003, 07:59 PM
I have a Colt Magnum Carry. I'm not impressed with the trigger, finish, or other things on it that make it an impressive revolver. So I carry it in the car and CCW often, so my other revolvers don't get scratched or beat up bouncing around.
What ends up, my guns that I like alot stay put up and the old beater gun goes everywhere.
Does any one else have this problem?

If you enjoyed reading about "Beater Gun" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
10-Ring
January 12, 2003, 08:51 PM
I was stuck in a quandry. I have some nice guns that work very well & I am quite proficient with, but I didn't want to beat them up from daily carry, but I didnt' want to depend on defending myself w/ a 'beater' gun. What I ended up doing was buying an older, well worn version of a favorite gun & carry that. Somehow, it just feels better to carry something that has already been broken in ;)

gwalchmai
January 12, 2003, 08:54 PM
Yep, my PA-63 seems to go everywhere.

Resp.
g :)

Bainx
January 12, 2003, 08:58 PM
Same with the old Bulgarian Makarov. The true "grunt" of my stable. It has been around.

Lone_Gunman
January 12, 2003, 09:19 PM
First Generation Colt SAA, it was only in 99% condition, so I figured what the hell.

genie
January 12, 2003, 10:46 PM
i have a glock 19 that i do like alot. luckily for me i don't worry so much about bumps or scratches to the frame or slide. of course i do live in maryland so ccw isn't possible. but if the day ever comes where ccw in maryland is possible, i wouldn't hesitate to put it through daily carry.

Standing Wolf
January 12, 2003, 11:46 PM
If it's worth staking my life on, it better look sharp, feel sharp, and be sharp.

4v50 Gary
January 12, 2003, 11:49 PM
I'll top your fib Lone Gunman.

Yeah, an old surplus 1911. While it was pristine, it was not a beauty to behold and besides, there's nothing special about a gun made by some choral group.;)

PATH
January 12, 2003, 11:51 PM
I agree with Standing Wolf. I take good care of my breaters as well as my collectibles. The wife looks at me funy sometimes because I treat my guns so well.

Gordon
January 13, 2003, 02:27 AM
I hate to tell you guys but my "beater" is a CZ-97. I only have 2 mags, and thats all I ever will. The thing works, but I like and have rubbed out 1911's and the CZ lives in jeeps and trucks and is starting to rust nicely. It may get plated some day-maybe.:D

If you enjoyed reading about "Beater Gun" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!