Politics

PDA

Matt King
May 11, 2008, 10:34 PM
What with the upcoming elections, is Legal&Political going to come back?

If you enjoyed reading about "Politics" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Prof. A. Wickwire
May 11, 2008, 10:39 PM
Matt,

I would doubt that Legal & Political will return. However there are several other choices for political discussion.

Armed Polite Society (http://www.armedpolitesociety.com)

Perfect Union (http://www.perfectunion.com)

Rugged Individualist (http://www.therugged.org/forum)

as well as a host of others.

Sincerely,

Prof. A. Wickwire

Matt King
May 11, 2008, 10:42 PM
thanks for the links.
I miss the political discussions that used to happen here.

kingpin008
May 12, 2008, 08:33 AM
I think that knowing the reasons why L&P was shut down, one could safely assume that not only would it not be coming back, it wouldn't be coming back with the elections looming. The discussions tha took place there turned to insults and bickering so quickly on a regular day - imagine how bad it would be when the election is right around the corner!

Prof. Wickwire had it right - L&P probably is done for good here at THR, but there are more than a few other places to find some political discussion going on. APS is usually the place that I suggest, but I see he's got a few others listed as well. Good luck - you're a more patient man than I, to be able to weather the constant rhetoric-storm that is internet political discussion! :D

JShirley
May 12, 2008, 12:35 PM
Mr. King,

While you miss the political discussions, the staff misses them not one bit, because talking about religion and politics seem to be easy ways to turn good members into asses.

John

TimboKhan
May 12, 2008, 12:40 PM
L&P will never, ever, never, not under any circumstances, not for any amount of begging, never, not ever, not for love or money, never, ever, not even for a new kitten be coming back.

Good riddance, I say.

Mal H
May 12, 2008, 01:10 PM
The question was answered quite well in the sticky FAQ's (http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=350166) at the top of this (Tech Support) forum - item #5.

Robert Hairless
May 12, 2008, 03:00 PM
L&P will never, ever, never, not under any circumstances, not for any amount of begging, never, not ever, not for love or money, never, ever, not even for a new kitten be coming back.

Well okay, as long as there's a possibility it's worth asking from time to time. This is a dream in which we can believe or, if you prefer, a dream we can believe in.

WayneConrad
May 12, 2008, 03:14 PM
The more politics I do, the less I have time to talk about politics.

I don't miss L&P one bit. Good riddance.

Matt King
May 12, 2008, 05:16 PM
Haha i guess i am in the minority here when it comes to L&P. While it's true that there was a ton a racist xenophobic crap and fear-mongering there was also a lot of interesting discussions. Sucks that a minority of yahoos ruined it for everyone.

shdwfx
May 12, 2008, 05:49 PM
I fully understand the need for and concept behind the more self-regulated APS.

My issue is with the implementation of that separation - two different boards, two separate accounts, no possibility for thread migration.

On THR, when someone posts a Legal or General topic in S&T and a good conversation is going, the mods usually just migrate it to the appropriate home. With gun topics that border politics and religion, the threads get locked with the usual "go to APS" directive. It is a shame when an interesting, civil conversation can't be migrated so the participants can continue - it's like someone shutting off the air.

I'd like to see APS and THR merged back into one site (separate forum areas, separate mod rules).

Matt King
May 12, 2008, 06:01 PM
Ya I wish there were more members over at APS because there's like 12 active members. It also seems like the place where everyone that got banned from THR hangs out. I don't think that there's that many active THR members over there.

Robert Hairless
May 12, 2008, 06:23 PM
This forum is a great forum that could be a lot better if everything that makes it a great forum is changed.

One thing I really appreciate about this forum is the way the moderators explain the same thing over and over again in response to the same questions over and over again.

It gives the moderators something to do and a purpose in life: the quest for the Ideal Explanation.

Mal H
May 12, 2008, 07:00 PM
Robert - I do try to reword them differently each time. That keeps me striving to improve my vocabulary. ;)

Closing in 3 ... 2 ... 1 ...

days.

... and closed.

If you enjoyed reading about "Politics" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!