Anyone trade in an old RCBS PowderMaster for the New pact one?

PDA

Storydude
May 13, 2008, 06:03 PM
Like it says.

My old Powdermaster(the 2 piece one) is getting a little long in the tooth, and was thinking about upgrading. Do they stick the new guts in the old case, or just give you a brand new device?

If you enjoyed reading about "Anyone trade in an old RCBS PowderMaster for the New pact one?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
dmftoy1
May 13, 2008, 08:12 PM
Powdermaster? (Do you mean Chargemaster?) Is there some sort of PACT trade-in offer?

Regards,
Dave

Storydude
May 13, 2008, 08:32 PM
RCBS sold a PACT dispenser under the RCBS name. It was called the PowderMaster. Same unit as the Pact Dispenser, just in Green plastic and a crappy RCBS sticker slapped on the front(not even straight BTW)

PACT has a sticker on the bottom claiming "Made by PACT Inc, call XXXXXXXXXX for Warranty info.

Well, Because I left some 231 in it for a while, it etched and made the plastic squishy. Called PACT(it did have a PACt sticker on it...) and they told me because RCBS only offered a 1 year warranty on this unit, they could not just do a straight swap....BUT, if I wanted to upgrade to the newest, fastest unit, all I'd pay was 75 bucks+ the ride.

I'd assume that they just give you a brand new unit and do not re-furbish the old ones.

Maybe I'll have to call PACT tomorrow and get clairification.

If you enjoyed reading about "Anyone trade in an old RCBS PowderMaster for the New pact one?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!