.452 Does Not fit in Jarvis Chamber

PDA

GDW
May 14, 2008, 06:11 PM
Hi,

I just picked up a Jarvis bbl to shoot lead reloads through a Glock 36. I have not shot it yet but noticed that the chamber is extremely tight with my LRN at .452 so much so that I cannot eject the round by racking the slide manually. I checked with Bill Jarvis and the chamber is sized to .451. Factory ammo is not a problem.

Should I just look for .451 LRN? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about ".452 Does Not fit in Jarvis Chamber" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Griz44
May 14, 2008, 06:46 PM
If you are reloading, consider using a Lee taper crimp die at the last stage. It has a sizer built in, and will push those 452s down to a 451 and they should load. I reload using Lasercast 452, and they too were tight until I started using the taper crimp die.

GDW
May 14, 2008, 06:49 PM
I use the Dillon Square Deal B. Can I just use the Lee die in the last stage?

Griz44
May 14, 2008, 06:50 PM
Don't know why not, the dies are all pretty much interchangable.
I picked mine up at Cabelas, think it was 13 dollars (or thereabouts)

Chief-7700
May 14, 2008, 07:32 PM
I use the Dillon Square Deal B. Can I just use the Lee die in the last stage?

I don't think so because the SDB uses non standard dies.
Chief-7700

Drail
May 15, 2008, 07:36 AM
Be aware that some manufacturers of match grade barrels do not run a finish reamer into the chamber so that the smith can adjust the final depth to their specs. I have had to finish ream most major brands of match barrels to solve seating problems. It will only need a very small amount. If properly loaded rounds will not drop in and out your chamber is too short or too tight.

If you enjoyed reading about ".452 Does Not fit in Jarvis Chamber" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!